No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome. Cheers guys, a couple of those TE's sound great. Thats the one area i fall down at, I dont get to see film of college players untill the end of the college FB season here. Ill definatly be using this page for TE for any mock drafts i make

But yeh we deffinatly want hands over speed. Heck he can run a 4.9, i dont care. Just make him 6"5+ and run to 5-10 yard crossing routes and be extremly physical in going for the ball and catch EVERYTHING.

Chase Coffman rd 1-2-3
    Brian Mandeville rd 4-5

Im happy with Heartstock atm but these guys would add a different skill set and would be in different packages. Spliting a 6"6 250+ TE to the slot causes issues (even if he runs a 4.8) , just like 5"9 180lb lightning quick Harry Douglas causes problems. We need to add as many different types of weapons for Mularkey and Ryan to confuse people with as possible
    Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-14-2008, 02:15 AM.
    Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
      Awesome. Cheers guys, a couple of those TE's sound great. Thats the one area i fall down at, I dont get to see film of college players untill the end of the college FB season here. Ill definatly be using this page for TE for any mock drafts i make

But yeh we deffinatly want hands over speed. Heck he can run a 4.9, i dont care. Just make him 6"5+ and run to 5-10 yard crossing routes and be extremly physical in going for the ball and catch EVERYTHING.

Chase Coffman rd 1-2-3
      Brian Mandeville rd 4-5

Im happy with Heartstock atm but these guys would add a different skill set and would be in different packages. Spliting a 6"6 250+ TE to the slot causes issues (even if he runs a 4.8) , just like 5"9 180lb lightning quick Harry Douglas causes problems. We need to add as many different types of weapons for Mularkey and Ryan to confuse people with as possible

Hey Huff, got to youtube and type in Chase Coffman Highlights and just watch any of them and tell me what you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
        Hey Huff, got to youtube and type in Chase Coffman Highlights and just watch any of them and tell me what you think.
        haha one step ahead of you.."TACKLE" has this whole youtube library thing going on. Im watchin em now. Coffman looks good, a little too good for where i want a tight end. Dude looks more rd 1-2 than rd 2-3-4. Thats exactly the type of player though. Imagine going from HD in the slot one play to a 6"6 monster who can catch at full stretch like that guy. Hopefully Zach Miller is his 40 yard sprints coach!

Comment

• Okay so we know we need a TE, but we're not going to get one early, doesn't make sense for this offense, esp not after how much we're paying Hartsock, we want a TE to do just that. I really think Justin Peele has done a fine job with being slightly more athletic and getting open. Our TEs are lulling other people to sleep, but we don't have one who can burn anyone afterwards. It'd be good to have him though.

We need to get a vet WR in here, I think Jenkins may be gone after this year, Robinson will move to starting oppo Roddy and Harry will hold down the slot spot. But I think B.Finn is gone too. So that'd just leave us with 3 WRs, going to have to get a couple more from somewhere.

Even if Jamaal continues his strong play from this last game, I'd still like to get a DE who can spell him. I like Davis, but I'd prefer to get Everette Brown. If the guy comes out I'm all over him, but he's going to be up close to the first round projections no doubt if he declares. But man, what a monster that kid is, and how great he'd be spelling Abe, and eventually taking over for him. Even better would be to have Him and Abe at each end, Jamaal at UT and Babs on the nose...wow. That'd be one hell of a 3rd down lineup right there. Even though I do like Kroy...we'll see how it goes.

I still want a DT, but there just aren't any out there that scream take me I'll dominate the LoS for you...they all are lackluster this year. Man, what I wouldn't give for Bunkley.

Safety is still my #1 desire though, I want a big time ball hawking playmaker back there. Of course I want him to be able to put people down hard, but more than that I want someone who we'd be able to drop into a cover 1 from time to time and not have to worry about him getting caught in no mans land.

Comment

• Since it looks like we will be picking later then we first thought. I'm starting to like the ideal of picking a WR more. Someone like Percy Harvin or Maclin would be a good fit to team with White. They would both also help out in the return game and you can never have to many playmakers. This is assuming Jenkins leaves and Robinson doesn't step up.

Comment

• I honestly think that if Jenkins wants to be in Atlanta it wont cost us too much to re-sign him but someone may offer him a # 1 spot so you never know.

Comment

• I really like Jenkins a lot more this season. I can't believe he dropped that TD catch, but he has been pretty solid for us otherwise. He has been making some good catches and is running great routes.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                  I really like Jenkins a lot more this season. I can't believe he dropped that TD catch, but he has been pretty solid for us otherwise. He has been making some good catches and is running great routes.

He's OK. He shouldn't be a #2 option on a good team however.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                    Since it looks like we will be picking later then we first thought. I'm starting to like the ideal of picking a WR more. Someone like Percy Harvin or Maclin would be a good fit to team with White. They would both also help out in the return game and you can never have to many playmakers. This is assuming Jenkins leaves and Robinson doesn't step up.
                    I have a very hard time getting another WR. We have HD + Roddy + Robinson for sure, and if we keep Jenks around there's just not much room for WRs. We're a power running team, why spend a first round pick on a guy who's going to get 5-7 targets a game max? I want a return guy really bad, but unless we don't plan on keeping Roddy around (MAJOR MISTAKE) then I don't see how we could afford to pick a WR in the first, as flashy as they are and as 'ideal' as it may appear, we're not the Colts. Don't think that's even remotely the plan either.

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                      I have a very hard time getting another WR. We have HD + Roddy + Robinson for sure, and if we keep Jenks around there's just not much room for WRs. We're a power running team, why spend a first round pick on a guy who's going to get 5-7 targets a game max? I want a return guy really bad, but unless we don't plan on keeping Roddy around (MAJOR MISTAKE) then I don't see how we could afford to pick a WR in the first, as flashy as they are and as 'ideal' as it may appear, we're not the Colts. Don't think that's even remotely the plan either.

It doesn't hurt to surround your franchise QB with as much talent as possible. Especially considering we don't have a legit 2nd option.

Comment

• I dont really trust Laurent Robinson can be a good #2 WR right now, we are better off with Jenkings. He has done everything right except drop some balls, those things just become mental, look at Roddy. Also Jenkings is a big target, Ryan can use him a little different then others.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• Laurent Robinson is the **** guys. I am telling you. He is a GREAT option as a 2nd receiver. He has all the tools you look for. He will beat single coverage and make some nice grabs for first down. With a dominant guy like White on the other side, you really cant ask for more.

And I agree with iloxy. We are a power running team. We run first, pass 2nd as of now. As much as I would love to surround Ryan with talent, we have too many holes on the defense (which nearly cost us the Bears and Packers game)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Laurent Robinson is the **** guys. I am telling you. He is a GREAT option as a 2nd receiver. He has all the tools you look for. He will beat single coverage and make some nice grabs for first down. With a dominant guy like White on the other side, you really cant ask for more.

He's extremely talented. He just drops the ball a lot, and is a ***** who can't stay on the field.

Comment

Laurent Robinson is the **** guys. I am telling you. He is a GREAT option as a 2nd receiver. He has all the tools you look for. He will beat single coverage and make some nice grabs for first down. With a dominant guy like White on the other side, you really cant ask for more.
                              He certainly flashes that when he is on the feild. He really needs to show it consistantly now. AND Even if he does, i still would love to lock Jenkins up long term. Jenkins isnt the most confident guy, he will re-sign for cheap...infact i see alot of players signing slightly below their market value to stay with the team they have have become so close with and the coach they love. Jenkins HD Roddy and Robinson are 4 great weapons who offer different things for our QB and i want all of them on the roster for years to come.

If we are talking new weapons for Matt Ryan it doesnt need to be at WR (unless we didnt have many other needs)Fill other spots first and his new weapon can come by virtue of a catching TE.

Right now i love

F/A CB Hayden

1) Ogobasse
                              2) SS

OR

F/A DT Haynesworth

1)SS- Moore/Mays
                              2)CB

Seriously Dallas added another star. If we had their sway/expertise regarding the impact of the salary cap or lack their of we coudl get both Hayden AND Hayneworth. Unfortunatley we aren Americas team lol and dont have those benifits. But Just for fun

F/A DT Haynesworth, CB Hayden

1) SS- Moore/Mays
                              2) Chase Coffman

Now that looks good and really would put us in the mix..if only it were possible
                              Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-14-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                He's extremely talented. He just drops the ball a lot, and is a ***** who can't stay on the field.
                                He is a young receiver. He will get over his drops. And I guess he does need to toughen up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information