• I like Michael Hamlin a lot as a FS. Has good size and instincts

Comment

• The Clemson player?

Their all soft.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• i think we need a safety, but I also want to see some of Thomas DeCoud. I think he can become a pretty good safety in the NFL. I like Coleman a lot thou, and for some reason on Madden, he gets 80% of my picks. Milloy is up their in age and has maybe 2 more seasons after this in him IMO, so we need to draft or pick up a safety in FA either this offseason or next.

Since we need a TE, id say Coffman is my favorite, but Id be perfectly fine with Brandon Pettigrew of Okla State or Travis Beckum of Wisc. Either way, we need one, in the draft or FA

Atlanta Falcons

Comment

• With the way we are playing games, we are obviously trying to outscore people. Our D has shown flashes, but never a complete game yet. The D line is showing promise and Houston is playing great.

Willy Mo is the best S prospect this year and really the only one IMO that would come in and make an impact.

After seeing Ryan attempt 44 passes Sunday, it is obvious we are letting him air ot out. TE is a huge need so Coffman would be great.

A though I have had recently would be to let go Brooking, Finneran and Jennings to free up some cap space to go out and sign Gamble at CB. That would lock up our CB for a couple years and have Milloy and Coleman out there at least for next yr. With that being the case, we can let DeCoud develop and learn while having experience vets playing.

With this route, I had been thinking of drafting Crabtree and Coffman. I know its far fetched, but just think of the caliber offense we would have.

QB-RYAN
          RB- TURNER, NORWOOD
          WR- RODDY, CRABS, JENKINS, DOUGLAS..even Robinson
          TE- COFFMAN

That right there is sick. Our O-Line has looked good for the most part when Baker is playing, so im just gonna let the FO handle the Baker situation an assume he will be great for us long term.

If we do go that rotue in the 1st and 2nd round, the third round we could get our next pressing need, an O-Line man or maybe a potential DT or S.

But what I like, is if we do these things, next years draft has Eric Berry, Major Wright and a few other great safties out there, as well as some great DT prospects which we also need.

I mean we are a team building for the future right??? So why not grab the best WR since Fitz (b/c Crabs has been and looks a lot like him) and one of the best pass catching TE's to ever come into the NFL?? I see no reason why not to load up the offense and "Manage" the D for another year, instead of just getting a player that is a "need" and not a guy that can come in and make an impact.

I just would love the idea of having that caliber of an offense. It would just be so hard to defend w/ so many weapons. I mean a formation that looks like this...

Crabs..................OL OL OL OL OL............Coffman......................Roddy

.....................Turner Ryan Norwood

Oh the posiblities...
          Last edited by dunagan15; 10-28-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• ^ and yes I know that is an illegal formation just so that nobody points that out.

Comment

• dude that's an illegal formation. Lol, you're like a ******* warewolf man, you come you just at night.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                dude that's an illegal formation. Lol, you're like a ******* warewolf man, you come you just at night.
                haha ya I do, Im usually pretty bust during the day w/ classes and golf, but now that gold season is ending ill have a little more time.

Comment

• I want Jeremy Maclin. Solves our PR issue and gives Ryan another target. Maclin, Douglas and White on the field could give defenses fits.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                    I want Jeremy Maclin. Solves our PR issue and gives Ryan another target. Maclin, Douglas and White on the field could give defenses fits.
                    I love Maclin as a player, but I see him as a slot guy in the NFL. He has decent size at 6'1 200 (like Roddy), but we need a big target for Ryan considering Jenkins is the only legit one.

That is why I like Crabs over Maclin. I just think Crabs is one of the most complete recievers I have seen in a while. He is just "smooth" in everything he does. Route running is great, amazing hands, big play ability and YAC. He wont burn anyone he just finds a way to get open and get into the endzone (just like Fitz)

Comment

• The only team the "small" receiver theme works for that I've seen (maybe overlooking) is the Redskins w/ Moss, Randel El and that is only b/c they have a TE threat in Cooley.

Comment

• I dont think Crabtree would be available at where we pick. If so, of course I would want him over Maclin.

Donnie Avery, Eddie Royal, and DeSean Jackson are showing why small quick guys can work in the NFL. You don't need elite height (Colts WRs? Eagles WRs?) to make plays in the NFL. You need good route running and speed to help gain separation along with a QB who can get you the ball on time and in place. Maclin's route running needs help, but he might be further along than Jackson and Ginn were when they were drafted.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I dont think Crabtree would be available at where we pick. If so, of course I would want him over Maclin.

Donnie Avery, Eddie Royal, and DeSean Jackson are showing why small quick guys can work in the NFL. You don't need elite height (Colts WRs? Eagles WRs?) to make plays in the NFL. You need good route running and speed to help gain separation along with a QB who can get you the ball on time and in place. Maclin's route running needs help, but he might be further along than Jackson and Ginn were when they were drafted.
                          Ya but I think we have our guy in HD, not on the level yet w/ Jackson, Avery, or Royal, but def(for a 3rd rounder) is looking great.

Again the Colts can do that b/c of Peyton and also have a TE threat (which we dont have). I just like having a Big guy that can go get it in the redzone and over the middle as well as your playmaker in Roddy and HD in the slot. Having Coffman would put us in the elite category.

Im not saying Maclin wouldnt be great, b/c I think he would, I just think that in years to come there will always be the fast recievers w/ return abilty vs. not many guys like Crabs.

Comment

• Having a tall threat is cool and all, but Ryan has the chance to be every much as good as Peyton Manning. His rookie campaign is better than Manning's so far. I dont see why Matt Ryan cant place the ball where only Maclin can get it, especially with the separation that Maclin has the chance of creating. Big targets are for noobs.

And once again, I do not prefer Maclin over Crabtree. I just dont think Crabtree will be available at that spot.

Comment

Having a tall threat is cool and all, but Ryan has the chance to be every much as good as Peyton Manning. His rookie campaign is better than Manning's so far. I dont see why Matt Ryan cant place the ball where only Maclin can get it, especially with the separation that Maclin has the chance of creating. Big targets are for noobs.

And once again, I do not prefer Maclin over Crabtree. I just dont think Crabtree will be available at that spot.
                              I also agree that Ryan has the same tools as Peyton and has to potentiol of being just as great of a player that Peyton is. Im not saying Ryan needs a big target b/c of accuracy issues, it just provides a different aspect to the game.

I mean look at all the trouble our DB's have had w/ bigger targets compared to the small speedy ones...

Again I would love to have either one of those guys in ATL (of course favoring Crabs like yourself) it just offers us an element to the passing game that we dont have right now.

Comment

• Yeah of course. Having a tall target opens up things for the offense allows you to make different types of plays, but at the same time, I would not turn down other skill sets (speed, route running ability) for some height. If we have WR1 and WR2 and both are similar in all aspects of the game except WR1 has more speed and WR2 is taller, than who would you take? That is essentially the trade off. I personally do not have a preference and would not mind WR1 or WR2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information