2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    All those weapons meant nothing in Cleveland until they got a LT...I think a TE is more important then a WR for ATL, Roddy is perfectly fine as a #1, if you have that I highly doubt you need a WR in the first 3 picks, thats overkill...Haven't you seen all these teams who pick skill positions first and they never amount to anything due to a bad O line? I think ATL's WR's are fine, better then alot of teams with alot of room to grow...If you want to add a guy, it certainly won't be top 3, I think Crabtree is just a dream, especially with losing another corner, having holes at RDE if Anderson moves, possibly NT, and along the line, with the weapons at WR a TE would help Matt Ryan alot more then somebody else outside.

I do not see any elite TEs at this point. And we already have a LT. His name is Sam Baker. The guy we traded into the first round for.

Comment

1. Michael Oher, OT Mississippi
      2. Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
      3. Al Woods, DT Louisiana State
      4. Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
      5. Taylor Mays, S Southern Cal
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

There was some highly touted TE being talked about. Saw him go top10 in a mock. Forgot his name. Had something to do with a P though.

We dont know for sure how productive Baker will be at LT. I would like to think that he can come in and be a Matt Light type player and that is probably the best case scenario for him. He isnt a boom or bust type guy so what we see out of him in his rookie season, is probably what we will get out of him long term (more or less. he will probably get better). There is a reason why he dropped to 21 and there is a reason why many considered that pick a reach.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I like the idea of Jenkins...a lot...but we'll just have to see how well Houston and all our other new CBs do. Jenkins seems like he'd be a super pick...

Comment

thats a damn beautiful list bama.

Comment

Same as Bama, but I'd have Andre Smith (to play OG) instead of Duke Robinson. Robinson is a great guard, but Smith is just as much of a beast, with better athleticism.

I'd have Baker-Blalock-(McClure/Datish?)-Smith-Oher

(If I could have a 6th, I'd take Alex Mack to finish off the line; but I wouldn't take him over Mays, Woods or Jenkins)
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

1. WR Michael Crabtree
                2. OT Michael Oher
                3. OT Andre Smith
                4. S Taylor Mays
                5. Not sure...

I didn't see a ton of Woods, so I can't really say much on his part. Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt are two guys that I really like, but they need to put it together this year.

Comment

1. Michael Oher LT
                  2. Andre Smith RT
                  3. Michael Crabtree WR
                  4. Malcolm Jenkins CB
                  5. Al Woods DT

Ahh...Thats amazing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                    The only way I wouldn't take him is if Sam Baker surprises the world and plays really well.
                    Ha, Bosanac was right to + rep me. You the man Sam Baker.

Comment

So...I MIGHT be wrong.

Comment

Gimme that Crabtree. I said it before, and watching that last preseason game really did it in. Matt Ryan is best throwing in between the numbers and letting the WR's have space to run. Crabtree is deadly in space.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          Gimme that Crabtree. I said it before, and watching that last preseason game really did it in. Matt Ryan is best throwing in between the numbers and letting the WR's have space to run. Crabtree is deadly in space.
                          um, WE DONT NEED A WR!

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                            um, WE DONT NEED A WR!

Sure. Let's keep our franchise QB with only one real weapon to throw to. It will be interesting to see if Laurent can be a number 2. He didn't play at that caliber last year. Jenkins is nothing more then a tall guy. Same goes for Finn, just add in crummy knees. And Douglas is what he is. A slot/#3 WR.

Comment

the NCAA football season is just around the corner, i think we as falcons fans should look tightly at WR, TE, OL, DL (esp DT) this season.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                Sure. Let's keep our franchise QB with only one real weapon to throw to. It will be interesting to see if Laurent can be a number 2. He didn't play at that caliber last year. Jenkins is nothing more then a tall guy. Same goes for Finn, just add in crummy knees. And Douglas is what he is. A slot/#3 WR.
                                really? you think we need to take a #2 WR with our first pick? that makes no sense financially or even addressing our needs. if we need to get Matt a weapon it's at TE, not WR. our WR's are good for us and Jenkins might even light it up and be the possession #2 we need. with Laurent and Douglas as slot and #4, we would have a very formidable WR group

Owner of ScarDraft
                                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information