2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
    went on youtube for some highlights on Rey Maualuga...

The "draftguys" certantly believe he can hold his own on 3rd downs.

video at the bottom of profile.

2008 season highlights
    is it just me or did that song jus not go good with that video?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988 View Post
      I would hate Ayers.
      so would i

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
        is it just me or did that song jus not go good with that video?
        It's not just you. IDK what it's good for, maybe mosh pits or **** like that.

I make highlights at school and it just pisses me of when people don't match the song with the video, and just stick some stupid **** music.
        Last edited by Bosanac01; 04-23-2009, 11:19 PM.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• To be clear, I'd love a player like Aaron Maybin but I doubt he is available when we pick.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I still have a hard time getting excited about a linebacker in the first round this year. To me all of the USC guys have questions AND as a general principal, 4 3 teams can find good OLBs in the later rounds.
            Individually...

Cushing- Dont know how he would fit, didnt play on 3rd downs much in 2008 and therefore you have to question his coverage skills. He would be paired with Peterson and when you are running a cover 2 i would worry a bit our OLB's ability to drop back in coverage. Upside?

Maulaga- Again his coverage skills worry me, and would be paired with Peterson, would smack you in the head but could they cover you? Also would need to change position - risky? And some character concerns?

Mathews -Raw, not much experience. Fits better than the other two. BUT is OLB our biggest need? Nicolas and Peterson would be fine IMO. What makes him better than Barwin?

In saying that though Cushing and Mathews are probably the surest things of the 1st round.

AND We were happy with the TE to be taken in the first round proir to this, with the other needs to be addressed after, the same logic would apply here if an OLB is taken in round 1. Not my favourite option though

We could taken a guy like Jason Williams in round 3 or 4. Crazy Upside, perfect fit at WLB to learn from an excellent player like Peterson.

Here is my wishlist (in order)

1. Everette Brown - Safer pick than Maybin, more immeadiate impact as a passrusher, more polished, EXACTLY what we need at DE. OLB in our 3/4 packages.
            2. Aaron Maybin - More upside than Brown, amazing first step. Great atheletism
            3. Trade Down (mid 30s) - Barwin, English, Delmas - All high character high motor guys filling a big need and netting us more picks

Each of those guys are high character high motor players at need positions.

IMO the abolsulte lowest we should wait forr a rushing DE is #55 with Sidbury/Johnson/Kruger

So now we need to think about 1. Picking where we are 2.Trading down 3. Some crazy Dorsey trade.

Man, all that reading up on Pettigrew for nothing!
            Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 04-24-2009, 04:23 AM.
            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post

Cushing- Dont know how he would fit, didnt play on 3rd downs much in 2008 and therefore you have to question his coverage skills. He would be paired with Peterson and when you are running a cover 2 i would worry a bit our OLB's ability to drop back in coverage. Upside?
              Cushing doesn't lack upside. He's 6'3" 243 with excellent strength for the position (although Rey Rey plays stronger than him) and runs a 4.7.

Cushing has definite upside, it's just that his body probably doesn't have a ton of room to grow. But he does have a lot of room to improve in his agility and hip movement.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Predictions? I don't think the Dorsey thing happens. Too good to be true. I'm saying with the 24th pick in the NFL Draft, we will take Everette Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  Predictions? I don't think the Dorsey thing happens. Too good to be true. I'm saying with the 24th pick in the NFL Draft, we will take Everette Brown.
                  I will cry tears of joy.

With the #55 pick, im hoping for Louis Delmas, Reshad Johnson, Patrick Chung, or William Moore. Most likely at least one will be there.

we all hate you

Comment

• Also, I'd like to mention, that if there's going to be a Dorsey deal, I don't think it will happen until pick 24. If I really wanted to get this done as the Chiefs... I'd have the deal in place and if I see someone I want at 24, pull the trigger.

Comment

• Exactly - we really need to hope that a great 3-4 prospect is there for them, someone like ReyRey.

But I agree, the Dorsey deal is unlikely. If TD can somehow pull this off, we'd really be set.

I quite like Scott's mock this morning:

Ziggy - if we can't get Dorsey, I'm ok with this. Great character, will fit in well. A little undersized, but is taller than Jerry, and stout enough against the run. Not a true NT, but big enough to be paired with Lewis against the run and quick enough to be paired with Babs against the pass. Babs, Hood, Lewis, and Moorehead would be a pretty good DT rotation. Still, I'd rather have Dorsey...

2. Jairus Byrd - I LOVE this pick. Would be great as either a corner or safety in the cover2. Tough, great intangibles, and top notch instincts. Incidentally, if we don't move in the 1st, I can see us trading up a bit in the 2nd using a 4th and 5th or something like that...

3. Beckwith - not keen. Profiles mainly as MLB backup. There are plenty of better OLB options here, and Scott also has some very good secondary players, like DJ Moore, on the board at this point.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

• EVERYONE:

falcons fans, log on to IRC to discuss this year draft as it happens. There is a room set up for us. If you don't know what IRC is, it's an internet relay chat.

You can access it by going to gamesurge.net/chat. The room is called falcons.
                        Do /join #falcons and you're in.

we all hate you

Comment

• So here it is, an hour away. I cant wait.

Scotts new mock is ok but i really want us to address DE earlier than that. The other players around the Hood pick really interests me.

Brown, English, Barwin, Hood ALL available at #24 and would likely be still available.

We need to hope DHB is on the board at our pick, id love to work a sneaky trade with the G-Men (29th) and still get one of Brown, English, Barwin, Hood

Taking Everette Brown at any stage would make my day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                            EVERYONE:

falcons fans, log on to IRC to discuss this year draft as it happens. There is a room set up for us. If you don't know what IRC is, it's an internet relay chat.

You can access it by going to gamesurge.net/chat. The room is called falcons.
                            Do /join #falcons and you're in.
                            I couldnt get it to work.

Is this where all you guys will be duringh the draftt?

Comment

it was me, dunagan and deangelo. I hope you can make it tommorow.

we all hate you

Comment

Its where we are at all important Falcon times. You gotta get it to work. I cant get IRC to work, but gamesurge.com works well. We are there during gamedays too and its fun.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information