No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idk. I think Anderson could be a great UT if we got him to gain strength.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
      idk. I think Anderson could be a great UT if we got him to gain strength.

Unless he learns how to get past OL, he's not good... anywhere. I don't see him getting enough penetration to possibly be an effective UT.

Comment

Put him where ever you like, idc we got Kroy Biermann. That guy is a beast for real. He is very explosive and never gives up on a play. Doesnt take plays off.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

It's difficult to rate our needs at the present time - far harder than it was last year.

We definitely need to pick up a starting calibre DT, that is certain. Ideally we'd address that on the first day. However, depending on how Babs performs this year, and on how Trey Lewis rebounds from injury, one newcomer at DT may suffice.

I really don't see Anderson moving to UT full-time. I don't have a problem with him playing at LDE on run downs and moving to UT on passing downs.

I think that we can be reasonably comfortable with our position at safety. Coleman is a keeper, I'm sure of that, and I'm optimistic that either Stone or DeCoud will emerge as a decent-to-good starter opposite him. However, if we do get a chance at a stud safety - and I'm thinking Mays or Moore in the 1st, or Greene in the 2nd - then we might be tempted to pick them up, and keep Stone and DeCoud as quality backup.

On the O-line, we clearly need a C of the future. I'd love to see us pick up Mack if he lasts to the 2nd, but Unger and Luigs would also be good pickups.

Elsewhere on the O-line, I think that we will be looking to pick up an absolute road-grader at RT, probably in the 2nd or 3rd round, to really round off our run game.

I'm reasonably happy with our DE rotation at the moment, but we'll have to keep our eye out for Abraham's long-term replacement, depending on whether Biermann can replicate his PS form in the regular season.

I don't see any 1st day need at WR. We have our future top 3 set - White, Robinson and Douglas - and it may be that Jenkins also plays his way into a new contract. I'd expect us to look for a WR/PR in the 3rd or 4th, but that's it. Only if Crabtree is the far and away best value pick should we consider him.

Assuming that Grimes and Houston continue to play well, I don't see us drafting a CB in the first 4 rounds, if at all. We have a very young CB corps, and if we decide that it needs reinforcement, we are likely, IMO, to look to free agency.

As for TE, it's difficult to tell what Mularkey wants...
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

My ideal draft would be to pick around #12, and take:

#1: William Moore S

The more cerebral player than Mays, and therefore better suited to Smith's Cover 2. I think that he'll have a great season, and really push himself up into these heights.

I'd love to take a DT in the 1st, but I'm just not sure I like any of them enough just yet.

(On a side note, how amazing would Landry be in this scheme? Damn Skins...)

#2: Vince Oghobasse DT

I actually think that he will push himself up into the first round, but I think he's a great fit (and I've noticed that I am not alone). Another very bright player.

#3. Sean Sester RT

Tough, consistent, 4 year starter. Plays LT for Purdue, but not particularly athletic. Couldn't be a better fit.
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I'm not so confident in Laurent Robinson, considering he is now behind a player who hasn't played since 2005 due to back to back ACL tears, Brian Finneran.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                I'm not so confident in Laurent Robinson, considering he is now behind a player who hasn't played since 2005 due to back to back ACL tears, Brian Finneran.
                Brian Finneran is amazing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

1 word injuries...

Comment

Im not confident in Laurent Robinson as well, he can run his routes and is very athletic but his hands looked pretty bad lately and i dont see any confidence in him. If a no. 2 WR doesnt step up for Matt Ryan i would love to see up draft Brian Robiskie, the son of our WR coach. He is ranked no. 2 by Scott Wright at that position for a senior.
                    When i played football, ironically the dad of our star WR was also his WR coach. His dad played at UGA and i know how hard he pushed him and is now getting great college offers, it would be nice to have Robiskie's son on the team.

we all hate you

Comment

• Now that Stone was cut, I'm confident we need a big-play safety that can step in. I like Taylor Mays alot, he would be my number 1 guy. Hits like a linebacker, but runs like a corner. I also like Chancellor from VT, I saw him make some nice plays today, despite the VTech loss. I think Rolle is overrated by the Media, but underrated by this board, I still see him as a 2nd round pick, possibly sneaking into the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                        Im not confident in Laurent Robinson as well, he can run his routes and is very athletic but his hands looked pretty bad lately and i dont see any confidence in him. If a no. 2 WR doesnt step up for Matt Ryan i would love to see up draft Brian Robiskie, the son of our WR coach. He is ranked no. 2 by Scott Wright at that position for a senior.
                        When i played football, ironically the dad of our star WR was also his WR coach. His dad played at UGA and i know how hard he pushed him and is now getting great college offers, it would be nice to have Robiskie's son on the team.
                        I don't know man, we were all saying the same thing about Roddy White last season. In his first year we all thought he showed some progress, then in his 2nd year he showed the ability to get open but tended to drop the ball. I can see Laurent steping it up the way Roddy did in his 3rd year, and am not willing to give up on him yet.

Comment

• I'm distraught by the cutting of Daren Stone

Comment

• Finish well enough (7-9) and we can draft William Moore. That would be excellent.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• ok here's a situation, falcons suck ass and get the #1 pick overall. You cant trade down, who do you pick?

we all hate you

Comment

• Number 1 offensive tackle. Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, Michael Oher...whoever. Sorry Sam Baker. I dont see anyone else to pick at number 1 overall. MAYBE a freak DE.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information