No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's too early to see if he would warrant a number 1 pick but terrence cody looked very good against clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      Number 1 offensive tackle. Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, Michael Oher...whoever. Sorry Sam Baker. I dont see anyone else to pick at number 1 overall. MAYBE a freak DE.
      Well the reason i asked is because in the forum mock, i had the falcons pick and they had the #1 overall. I took a freak DE, (Michael Johnson). I dont see Jaamal Anderson doing anything any time soon and DE is a very important position.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
        Well the reason i asked is because in the forum mock, i had the falcons pick and they had the #1 overall. I took a freak DE, (Michael Johnson). I dont see Jaamal Anderson doing anything any time soon and DE is a very important position.
        Yeah its a fine pick. You can never have too many good defensive ends.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          Yeah its a fine pick. You can never have too many good defensive ends.
          Yea true, just ask the giants. IDK if i see anything in jaamal and hopefully MJ produces this year so he can be a #1 pick because he has the tools.

we all hate you

Comment

• Yeah. He looks like a legit pass rusher and even if he is weak against the run, it would be nice to see a guy bring the heat on the opposing QB.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• If we're selecting #1 overall...gah that sucks...no one merits #1 right now, except there are a couple of guys I'd target just to trade after we picked them. There's no way Tebow and Stafford aren't tradeable. If we HAVE to pick a guy to keep here, I don't know wtf I'd want. I want a DT because you guys all hate Anderson, but you'll all be cooking some crow up by week 6 of the season when Anderson is ripping people. His hand violence is WAY up...from non existent (even with a sack in the first preseason game) to pretty impressive in week 4 against Baltimore. He's going to get sacks, and plenty of pressure. Him being 'slow' is BS, watch him line up at DT against the Ravens and get locked up, then run around his partner at DE, around the tackle, guard, and get the QB on the move.

Watch Jam beat the double team and force the throw that lead to an INT by Decoud. So, I'm not going DE, even though I really love Michael Johnson as a prospect, he's a friggin stud and I think he'd be great to come in behind Abe and give us an insane rotation. (I like Bierman too though)

I guess I'd have to look at a LT prospect, but Baker is just fine, and actually going to be an excellent LT (short arms and all) but I'd end up playing Oher or someone at RT. Baker is our LT.

WR playmakers make me want to go that way, but I like our WR corps. We'll likely need one because I doubt we get to resign everyone. So we could be looking there.

Comment

• Getting the #1 pick would be a nightmare.

If it were me, I'd trade down, for minimal compensation if necessary, with whoever wanted to take Matt Stafford...

I am desperately hoping that we can push ourselves at least outside the top 5 picks. #10 would be fine. A win against the Lions would be a great start.
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

• It's just about impossible to move from one to ten. One to five is hard to do.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I would like to see us go after Brandon Pettigrew if he was to drop till the 2nd round. He seems to be the best combo of blocker and receiver from what I've seen.

Comment

• I dont believe we will have a top 5 pick. I think we will get a pick that we can select our DT and it wont be a reach, well that's what i hope. There is really no other position thats even close of a need other than DL, especially DT.
                      Last edited by Bosanac01; 09-03-2008, 03:48 PM.

we all hate you

Comment

• I know he is only a sophmore, but we need to get Terrence Cody (Alabama nose tackle) when he comes out. He is Grady v. 2.0. He was like 420 (yes, 420) in junior college but is down to like 350 I believe. He wrecked Clemson's running game and has demanded double teams in his first two collegiate games. Of course, he isn't on the field as much as possible due to his size, and he is not an amazing pass rusher. But he is a Grady clone as far as his size, power, and runstuffing abilitys are concerned.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• An absolutely sensational draft, in my view, would be:

1. William Moore FS (Coleman to SS, we'll have a fantastic S pairing. Maybe Milloy will stick around as a coach...)
                          2. Alex Boone RT (also great depth for the first year while he learns)
                          3. B.J. Raji NT (great rotation with Grady until he takes over full time)
                          4. Eric Wood C (someone to groom behind McClure)

Comment

• I'd really like to get (at this point) assuming picking 20th overall

1.) Phil Loadholt
                            2.) Victor Harris
                            3.) Rashad Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              I know he is only a sophmore, but we need to get Terrence Cody (Alabama nose tackle) when he comes out. He is Grady v. 2.0. He was like 420 (yes, 420) in junior college but is down to like 350 I believe. He wrecked Clemson's running game and has demanded double teams in his first two collegiate games. Of course, he isn't on the field as much as possible due to his size, and he is not an amazing pass rusher. But he is a Grady clone as far as his size, power, and runstuffing abilitys are concerned.
                              420lbs, my God! That would be so cool. Imagine like a 6"8 420lb NT. Kinda like you kept Gradys Proportions but made him 6inches taller.
                              Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                                I'd really like to get (at this point) assuming picking 20th overall

1.) Phil Loadholt
                                2.) Victor Harris
                                3.) Rashad Johnson
                                20th? That's pretty optimistic, but hey, anything's possible.

Not interested in Loadholt. Character questions, which is a major turnoff. He'd be a fantastic mauling RT, sure, but someone that massive with motivational issues is a bit of a red flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information