Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Dumbass then. It's a ******* horrible pick. I hope this guys favorite tree is the pine. ******* garbage ass pick. ******* Everette Brown is on the board, our biggest ******* need.
    Overreact much?
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      Jerry is 6'2", Babineaux is 6'2". The defensive line would still be undersized.

I would have expected us to take Rey Rey Maualuga if we were moving to a 3-4.
      It's all I could come up with given the players we have and Perry. Chauncey at ROLB, Abe at LOLB, Babs & Perry at DE's, Moorehead at NT. Play it tight along the line and run it like a speed based cover 2 type of 3-4, could be something to see. Kind of a gritz blitz rebirth?

Comment

Well, lookie here, Rashad Johnson and William Moore are both sitting there and we're up in a couple of picks. Can you say fill a need? I like Milloy, but we need someone that is more of a tone-setter at that 4th LB/ ITB SS.

You know, this draft is weak where we need depth....lol Oh well.

Comment

Willy Mo, Rashad, Michael Johnson???

Comment

I think this would be a great place to take Johnson, and then try to get a S in the third, maybe trading up a bit.

Comment

Willy Mo, happy with that.

Let's hope that it was all about the foot injury, and we get the Junior season Willy Mo.

Comment

Will fight it out with DeCoud for the starting spot.

Comment

I really like the william moore pick

Comment

We've spent way too many picks on Safeties in the last 5 years, same with D linemen. This guy really needs to step up.

Good news is he is a big boy and looks more explosive than your usual big Safety. He could be a quality strong safety for years to come. I was never sold on DeCoud anyways, but you never know how these things will turn out.

Comment

Michael Johnson would have been perfect.

Comment

Well, not totally what I was wanting or expecting but after last year I have learned to let the pros do their jobs, i.e. TD picking players. I like that both guys are long time starters at bigger schools who have shown flashes of greatness. Hopefully, they will come in and contribute immediately, but I wouldn't count on much from our rookies this year. We are a returning playoff contender and, as such, will look to have as little turnover in our starters as possible.

Comment

Michael Johnson may have been a good pick too, but I guess that all 32 teams have seen enough that they don't like.

We've addressed two major needs with good players. Satisfactory first day.

Will be interesting to see whether we go LB, OT, CB, or DE with the 3rd rounder tomorrow.

Hey, maybe Johnson will still be there...

Comment

I hope Johnson is there. if you told me in January we were getting both Jerry and Moore I would have been ecstatic. so I might as well smile now.

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Watching some highlights, Jerry reminds me a lot of Rod Coleman. I'm not sure how he's going to work at NT. Gotta have faith in Smith and Thomas though. I wanted Michael Johnson, but William Moore is a high reward pick. I like it. Two guys with some durability issues today..

Comment

Good pick on William Moore.

I've cooled on the Jerry pick, but I would have preferred Everette Brown.
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information