• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
    The best part of our D-line is its rotational depth:

DE: Abraham, Anderson, Davis, Biermann, Sidbury
    DT: Babineaux, Jerry (Lee, jk) Lewis, Moorehead, Fraser, Walker

We'll probably keep 10 on the 53 man roster (my guess is Walker sticks on PS)

I would imagine that we'll have 8 or 9 on the 45 man active roster - hopefully 9m with 5 DE's and 4 DT's (on the basis that Anderson could also swing over to DT in the event of injuries).

Will be very interesting to see whether Biermann can hold off Sidbury. He has the advantage of a year's experience, but is less athletically gifted.

Or is it even possible that Biermann could get some reps at SLB??

All very exciting!! Bring on minicamp and training camp!

I think Biermann playing some LB is a very distinct possibility. Also, I read that we picked up Gerald Cadogan. I think this is a great pickup, and I like him a lot more than Garrett Reynolds. Scott has him as his top undrafted, and here is his scouting report. http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ld-Cadogan.php

I'd really like to see him take over Weiner's role.

Comment

I've read at least 15 articles on all of the players we drafted. Lawrence Sidbury is the one person who keeps popping up, and here one of the articles i've read on him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042003227.html

If you can find some more or anyone, please post them in here.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        I think Biermann playing some LB is a very distinct possibility. Also, I read that we picked up Gerald Cadogan. I think this is a great pickup, and I like him a lot more than Garrett Reynolds. Scott has him as his top undrafted, and here is his scouting report. http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ld-Cadogan.php

I'd really like to see him take over Weiner's role.
        That would have been an amazing pickup, but i don't think we got him. All im reading is the panthers signed him.

we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
          That would have been an amazing pickup, but i don't think we got him. All im reading is the panthers signed him.
          Well that sucks. They got two steals in him and Duke. I read on NFL Draft Bible that we got him. ****.

Comment

Well that sucks. They got two steals in him and Duke. I read on NFL Draft Bible that we got him. ****.
            Everette Brown was also a very nice pick up for them in that second round, even tho they did give up a 1st in next years draft.

we all hate you

Comment

here's a list of our UDFAs. Pretty good list, they're some guys who can actually make the roster. We got a lot of LBers batting for a spot.

http://atl.scout.com/2/860496.html

we all hate you

Comment

QUOTED FROM THE LINK GIVEN:

Maurice Lucas, DE, Colorado

HT: 6-4
                WT: 265

Scott Eklund's Take: With his size and underrated speed (4.8), Lucas is a candidate to play as a standup pass-rusher in Atlanta's new 3-4 scheme. He totaled 107 tackles and only four sacks, but that had more to do with how he was used at Colorado and doesn't really speed to his athleticism. At times he disappeared from sight during games, but when he was in the flow he made plays. I had Lucas rated as a late-round selection just because of his athleticism, so the Falcons could have gotten themselves a real gem if they can find a place for

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                Wow, did I call that one or what?

Comment

Originally posted by pr0d1gy View Post
                  QUOTED FROM THE LINK GIVEN:

Maurice Lucas, DE, Colorado

HT: 6-4
                  WT: 265

Scott Eklund's Take: With his size and underrated speed (4.8), Lucas is a candidate to play as a standup pass-rusher in Atlanta's new 3-4 scheme. He totaled 107 tackles and only four sacks, but that had more to do with how he was used at Colorado and doesn't really speed to his athleticism. At times he disappeared from sight during games, but when he was in the flow he made plays. I had Lucas rated as a late-round selection just because of his athleticism, so the Falcons could have gotten themselves a real gem if they can find a place for

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                  Wow, did I call that one or what?

We are going to play some more 3-4. Certainly not a full-time thing however.

Comment

We are going to play some more 3-4. Certainly not a full-time thing however.
                    Which is what I have been saying we will do for 2 years now on various message boards. It fits our players better. Abe is a 3-4 OLB and having to play a down end is hurting his production, see Harrison & Ware. Lofton was very good at 4-3 MLB but would be ideal as a 3-4 run stuffer. Jammal is a 3-4 DE considering his lack of ideal explosion around the corner, etc etc etc. I've seen this coming for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0d1gy View Post
                      Which is what I have been saying we will do for 2 years now on various message boards. It fits our players better. Abe is a 3-4 OLB and having to play a down end is hurting his production, see Harrison & Ware. Lofton was very good at 4-3 MLB but would be ideal as a 3-4 run stuffer. Jammal is a 3-4 DE considering his lack of ideal explosion around the corner, etc etc etc. I've seen this coming for awhile.
                      Well, yes, but we're very limited in what we can do by the absence of a true 3-4 NT. Lewis can probably play the role on occasion, and you could even have Jerry in there on 3rd and 8, but we're pretty situtationally limited by our lack of a NT whenever there is any running threat.

However, on occasion, it could be deadly. Abraham and Sidbury/Nicholas/Biermann off the edge, plus Anderson, Babs and Jerry, with a Lofton blitz, would be pretty scary on 3rd and long.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                        Well, yes, but we're very limited in what we can do by the absence of a true 3-4 NT. Lewis can probably play the role on occasion, and you could even have Jerry in there on 3rd and 8, but we're pretty situtationally limited by our lack of a NT whenever there is any running threat.

However, on occasion, it could be deadly. Abraham and Sidbury/Nicholas/Biermann off the edge, plus Anderson, Babs and Jerry, with a Lofton blitz, would be pretty scary on 3rd and long.
                        Well, we're all extremely worried about our run D since Grady is gone. If we did have a good 3-4 NT and another good 3-4 MLB, it is already basically setup for that scheme.

Comment

• um, what? we will not be a big 3-4. maybe 5-8 snaps a game out of the look, which will probably feature this allignment:
                          LE - Jerry - 6'2" 299
                          NT - Lewis - 6'3" 320
                          RE - Anderson - 6'6" 282
                          WOLB - Abraham - 6'4" 266
                          WILB - Nicholas - 6'3" 232
                          SILB - Lofton - 6'0" 248
                          SOLB - Sidbury - 6'2" 266

that actually looks kind of solid tbh. still, we would need to bring in a big fatty for the NT spot, and I just don't see us doing it, that said, 3rd down when we run our 3-3-5 I expect to see this look:

LE - Sidbury
                          NT - Babineaux or Jerry
                          RE - Abraham
                          WLB - Nicholas
                          MLB - Lofton
                          SLB - Peterson

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0d1gy View Post
                            Well, we're all extremely worried about our run D since Grady is gone. If we did have a good 3-4 NT and another good 3-4 MLB, it is already basically setup for that scheme.
                            like I detailed earlier, we have some personnel for that scheme.
                            Positions guys owuld play in the 3-4 IMO:

3-4 DE:
                            Babineaux
                            Jerry
                            Anderson

3-4 NT:
                            Lewis
                            Walker (would have to bulk up a bit)

3-4 OLB:
                            Abraham
                            Sidbury
                            Biermann

3-4 Mike:
                            Nicholas
                            Adkins

3-4 Ted:
                            Lofton
                            Gilbert

The Mike is the roving LB, the Ted is the Pounding LB.

guys that don't fit the 3-4 on our roster BTW:
                            Davis
                            Jefferson
                            Wire
                            Peterson
                            James

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                              like I detailed earlier, we have some personnel for that scheme.
                              Positions guys owuld play in the 3-4 IMO:

3-4 DE:
                              Babineaux
                              Jerry
                              Anderson

3-4 NT:
                              Lewis
                              Walker (would have to bulk up a bit)

3-4 OLB:
                              Abraham
                              Sidbury
                              Biermann

3-4 Mike:
                              Nicholas
                              Adkins

3-4 Ted:
                              Lofton
                              Gilbert

The Mike is the roving LB, the Ted is the Pounding LB.

guys that don't fit the 3-4 on our roster BTW:
                              Davis
                              Jefferson
                              Wire
                              Peterson
                              James

Yeah I have been saying we're heading towards a 3-4 for awhile now, just not around here. Jammal Anderson would be a good 3-4 DE, too. Sidbury & Abe coming off the edge, could be really nice.

Comment

• we're not heading towards a 3-4. we don't have the ability to make the switch. non of our guys really fit the 3-4 well outside of Lofton and Anderson

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information