No announcement yet.

2010 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know our DL has been kinda ehh this year, but they have been ok, Bierman is making an impact and we will get Peria back.

Right now we need serious help in the secondary. Not sure the range we will be picking but agin its gonna be lower than 20 so that may rule out Joe Haden, whom I love, and def the 2 safties Eric Berry and Mays.

Im not too sure how good Patrick Robinson is from FSU but we need serious help in the secondary (still have no idea why we let foxworth go) Grimes is terribad.

Comment

Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post

Im not too sure how good Patrick Robinson is from FSU but we need serious help in the secondary (still have no idea why we let foxworth go) Grimes is terribad.

Supposedly we offered Foxworth more money. He just wanted to be closer to home. I give TD credit for having a figure in mind and sticking to it. I really feel as if we get an impact LE our secondary is going to look a lot better. And as much as I love him and the plays off help him, Abraham isn't going to be around forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Supposedly we offered Foxworth more money. He just wanted to be closer to home. I give TD credit for having a figure in mind and sticking to it. I really feel as if we get an impact LE our secondary is going to look a lot better. And as much as I love him and the plays off help him, Abraham isn't going to be around forever.
        Hmm didnt know that. But true bout TD, like it alot. In that case, Abe doesnt have much juice left we know, thats why I was hoping Sidbury would show a little promise to buy us a year or 2, w/ Bierman stepping up we at least have a few guys that can step in.

I mean the DL is helped out by the secondary and vise versa, in this case, w/ our secondary, we have to expect a sack in like 2 seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
          Hmm didnt know that. But true bout TD, like it alot. In that case, Abe doesnt have much juice left we know, thats why I was hoping Sidbury would show a little promise to buy us a year or 2, w/ Bierman stepping up we at least have a few guys that can step in.

I mean the DL is helped out by the secondary and vise versa, in this case, w/ our secondary, we have to expect a sack in like 2 seconds..

I agree that we need someone else back there too, but I'm much more a fan of building in the trenches. And supposedly, Foxworth hasn't played well at all in Baltimore.

Comment

I agree that we need someone else back there too, but I'm much more a fan of building in the trenches. And supposedly, Foxworth hasn't played well at all in Baltimore.
            Ya ATL, I wouldnt be opposed to a DL either since one position will help the other in theory.

With that said can we get a thread started about some guys we could be interested in with our first pick..Don't worry about where we pick lets just throw some names out there.

Comment

I wonder if the Falcons could get Shaun Rogers. Probably not, but he seems like just what the Falcons need.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                I wonder if the Falcons could get Shaun Rogers. Probably not, but he seems like just what the Falcons need.
                I don't know how well he would fit in our 4-3 now. I know he was a force for a long time in it, but he's gotten so much bigger to fill that 3-4 NT role, I just don't know if he would be effective for us. Plus they would likely want a king's ransom to get him. It's becoming very difficult to find really good 4-3 DTs...friggin Vikings.

Comment

In fact, he has been god awful. As much as I dislike Houston and Grimes, I do not miss Foxworth at all.

Draft needs:

A RB who can split time with Michael Turner. We now know that Norwood can never stay healthy enough to contribute a consistent 15 touches per game.

We need a big body at NT, thus allowing Jerry to come back and play at UT in a rotation with Babineaux.

A big physical cover corner would be nice, a Rashean Mathis/Al Harris/Nnamdi Asomugha type. That would be a nice change of pace from the midgets we are currently using.
                  Last edited by Shiver; 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

We always go for short corners and i don't get it. I know jimmy williams was a huge bust, but come on. Chris Owens, Middleton, why draft them?

I'm not asking for the next deon, but a guy like aqib talib would be nice. He was too big, failed a drug test and ran a bad 40, but he can play. We need a CB who can play and not make so many mistakes.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

I hope our 2010 draft class produces more immediate results. Last year we seem to have gotten too cute and tried all these projects and we could have really used some impact right away. Although injuries are a big reason why Jerry and Moore aren't playing right now. Guys like Owens and Sidbury won't produce for a while, if at all.

Comment

I loved the Sidbury pick. I wasn't a huge fan of the Owens pick however.

Comment

The only picks I liked were Jerry and Sid. Honestly I think all the other picks were a huge waste. I had a bad feeling about Jerry because of his knees/age though. I still expect him to bounce back, but man I really just wish we would have gone another way, but that's all hindsight now. I think Jerry next year when he recovers can beast it up for us, but we're ready to win now, next year we need an impact defensive player. LB, CB, or DLine. Just a big impact guy.

Getting Douglas and Jerry back will be huge, but missing out on our 2nd round pick is going to hurt us too. But TG is totally worth it. Hopefully getting those 2 back from injury will offset not having a 2nd round pick.

Comment

Personally, I wanted Everette Brown when we were on the clock and really wasn't fond of the Peria Jerry pick.

Gotta wait it out, though.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              Personally, I wanted Everette Brown when we were on the clock and really wasn't fond of the Peria Jerry pick.

Gotta wait it out, though.
                              That's very true, I thought we were going to jump on it too, I forgot about that. I guess I suppressed that in my mind. But at the same time I think Sid is going to be a great player that will play much the same as Brown.

Comment

Peyton Manning said there is no relationship like QB and center. He had Jeff Saturday his whole career to pave the way and they are a great due. Saying this i present...

Matt Tennant, senior center from Boston College. He is ranked the #2 center of the 2010 class.

6'4" 295lbs

2007 Season
                                Earned the starting role in preseason camp and started all 14 games at center for the Eagles in 2007...helped pave the way for Matt Ryan's record-breaking season...the Eagles finished with 5,924 yards of total offense and Ryan passed for 4,507 yards...got the first start of his career vs. Wake Forest in the season opener.
                                I think he would be a great draft pick. We do have more urgent needs then a center, but this is interesting. Right now he is looked at as a possible 3/4th rounder.
                                Last edited by Bosanac01; 10-30-2009, 03:47 AM.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information