Our Answer for Left Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Answer for Left Guard

Manuel Ramirez G Ramirez (6-3, 330) was not cleared to work out. At the Combine, he bench-pressed 225 pounds 40 times.

That's very impressive, in the 2nd round, I want that guy, if we have 2 picks.

Definitely someone I like. There are a lot of good Guard prospects, who will be able to step in from day-1.

Comment

I'm a fan of him as well.

Comment

wow very good workout. is grubbs still regarded as the best guard?

Comment

I think Blaylock is the best guard, and Grubbs is 2nd. Maybe this guy passed him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

This draft is stacked with stud Guards. Blaylock, Grubbs, Sears, Beekman, Ramirez are all fine by me, whichever is there at #44.

Comment

Me too Shiver

Comment

there's a chance we could get him in rd 3

Comment

Not after that workout.

Comment

if we do sign mulitalo, i reckon we'll hold out on an OG until the 3rd. one of the upper tier guys should fall there, or within trade-up distance (using a late 4th).

if we don't get mulitalo, i'd look for blalock, grubbs, or sears at #44 and plug them in straight away.
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I have been looking at him since the Senior Bowl, if I remember the coaches said he did very well. He would definitley bring in some pass blocking help, and I believe could be the starter day 1 next year.
                      Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
                      Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

Comment

I like Tyson Clabo as well. But I think we need to infuse this offensive line with a youngster like Blaylock or Ramirez. Either one of those guys at LG would be a big help for us. I don't want a rookie LT, but at the same time, if we could get Joe Thomas I wouldn't mind him starting.

Comment

i think blaylock will be gone by the time we pick. this draft is pretty deep with guards so someone will fall to us. either sears, grubbs, staley, or maybe blaylock. i would love sears or grubbs just for the fact they played in a very competitive conference. staley had good workouts but i dont think he'd fare to well against a uf OL or a ut OL.

Comment

I dunno...we'll see I guess...only what, a month and a half of speculation left?

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information