The Atlanta Falcons First Round Pick Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Atlanta Falcons First Round Pick Thread

For all discussions about the 10th pick. Prospects, trade possibilities up or down, so forth.

I will start it off. Assuming Quinn and Russell go in the top-10, here is my top-8 big board;
    1. Calvin Johnson
    2. Joe Thomas
    3. Gaines Adams
    4. Adrian Peterson
    5. Laron Landry
    6. Alan Branch
    7. Jamaal Anderson
    8. Amobi Okoye

One of those players will surely be there.
    Last edited by Shiver; 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM.

i wonder how many will be busts in a couple years..

Comment

If Jimmy Williams is moved to Safety, Chris Houston vaults unto my big board. He is perfect for what this scheme demands from it's cover corners.

Comment

I like Houston, I really do, I just hope he's not the next Ahmad Carrol

Comment

i think Carricker should be there ahead of Jamaal Anderson or at least a consideration at #10, I cant think of one area where Anderson has him covered, except for maybe sacks this last year.

Carricker is bigger, stronger, faster, more agile,has has better production, better at the POA a great motor and is as much of a sure thing as i can see in the draft at the moment. People keep saying its his size and 40 that means he should be a 3/4 guy, but he ran faster than anderson in the 40 at the respective prodays and had a great short shuttle time at the combine, and is around the same size as the best DE in the NFL Juluis Peppers
          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

It could be interesting. The thing that I think about DEs though, is if Carrington can pack on some pounds, he could be a real beast. He was playing in the 250s last year, if he could get up to 270 (which with his 6-7 frame shouldn't be too hard) he could really cause some problems. I am a big fan of Carrington.

Comment

whos had a better collegiate football career in your opinion? carriker or anderson?

Comment

Jamaal Anderson is definitely the more explosive player. He has pass rush potential that Adam Carriker doesn't have, nor will ever have. Carriker is better at the point of attack, and is more consistent. Though that is a given considering Anderson is much more raw than Carriker is. Over the first couple of seasons Carriker would be the better player. Anderson I feel, would eventually surpass him. Then again, I think Anderson has been tested more so than Carriker, and still out-played him last year.

Comment

We dont have to take a DE with our #10 pick since DEs are loaded in this draft, we can take a real good one in the second round. I say Laron Landry at #10, but i dont know if we want a DB once again in the draft. Possibly we trade down.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

I think my board is the same, with Branch and Anderson flipped. I like Branch, but I think DE is just too big of a need, and Anderson is a pretty good prospect himself. Wasnt his 3 cone like ridiculously low...yes it was. His 3 cone at the pro day was better than alot of the RB's 3 cones at the combine and it was in the range of WRs. Very good broad jump too. He seems to have alot of explosiveness. Combine that with his size, thats really impressive. But he is really raw.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

He is raw, but in a platoon with Carrington and Davis he wouldn't have to play too often. Sporting News and Mel Kiper has him as our pick at Ten. Our team is dangerously thin on the D-Line, and has been to a fault the past two years, that's why I would be fine with any of elite ones. At 1-tech or at End.
                      Last edited by Shiver; 03-13-2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        He is raw, but in a platoon with Carrington and Davis he wouldn't have to play too often. Sporting News and Mel Kiper has him as our pick at Ten. Our team is dangerously thin on the D-Line, and has been to a fault the past two years, that's why I would be fine with any of elite ones. At 1-tech or at End.
                        You think he would be able to play Abrahams position, because there is no way he plays more than 4 games.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          We dont have to take a DE with our #10 pick since DEs are loaded in this draft, we can take a real good one in the second round. I say Laron Landry at #10, but i dont know if we want a DB once again in the draft. Possibly we trade down.
                          i think landry is who almost everyone wants after our horrid coverage last season but he might not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                            i think landry is who almost everyone wants after our horrid coverage last season but he might not be there.
                            that is, in my opinion Landry's big ?? is his ability to cover the deep ball something ive nver really liked about him, and lead me to belive he is more of an all round SS than a coverage FS who can tackle(what we want). He proved he has speed but scouts reported him to have hips that are not "fluid" at his pro day (i remember reading somewhere) and that furthermore backs up my suspicion.

At #10 a DE is, i think (according to importance of position and value) where we should go. There are two guys there who would be perfect compliments to Abraham in Carricker and Anderson and also be great value at our pick.

the fact of the matter is we need starting quality DE FS OT and maybe OG depending on fonitu and the rest of F/A so we need to trade Shaub for a high 2nd and start filling these needs.IMO
                            #10 Carricker/Anderson
                            #33 Joe Staley
                            #42 Weedle/Merriweather
                            #74 Manny Remirez

If we dont trade Shaub i truley believe we should trade down and grab Reggie Nelson (who excells at what we want and dont have in Crocker and perhaps still would not have with Landry) coverage skills, as well as being still able to tackle, at around 15-20 and aquire some more picks to make sure we have a FS DE OT AND OG at the end of the first day
                            Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 03-14-2007, 07:16 PM.
                            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

I want to trade down and take Joe Staley. This draft is shallow at OT, and that's a need. Why not trade down, pick up Staley, and accumulate picks? He's 6'6" 305-lbs, very athletic, and he has more room to grow.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 03-16-2007, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information