• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Levi Brown an option for you guys?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Teams around the league are 'HOT/COLD' on Levi Brown. For example; the Dolphins don't think highly of him. Personally, Levi Brown doesn't seem likely. Rich McKay is an avid "B.P.A" drafter. I don't see a situation in which Brown is that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I want to trade down and take Joe Staley. This draft is shallow at OT, and that's a need. Why not trade down, pick up Staley, and accumulate picks? He's 6'6" 305-lbs, very athletic, and he has more room to grow.
        yeh whatever it takes he did exactly what i expected at his proday and thought all along he would, he has everything we need in an LT it would be really good if we could trade down and work it so we have 2 mid-low 1st rounders and get Reggie Nelson and Joe Staley maybe trade down from 10 for a 1st and 2nd and then trade up from 40? and still have the 2nd from the initial trade down?? that could work but didnt check the value

#10 gone (moved down)
        #17 Reggie Nelson
        #23 Joe Staley
        #40 gone (moved up)
        #47 from the trade down IAF-DE Hawaii we have Davis so there IS time to learn and this guy has a better upside than Carricker and Anderson put together (kinda)
        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

i'd take the patriots two 1st rounders...

that would be good position for:

Staley, Nelson, Crowder (#40); or
          Staley, Charles Johnson, Weddle; or
          Brown, Griffin, Mcdonald.

I think that we need three 1st and 2nd round picks to address OT/FS/DE, whether that be through a trade of Schaub or a tradedown.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Out of the top 5 OT's in the draft Levi Brown scares me the most,
            I dont think Nelson would be there at the first of the patriots 1st rounders but i guess you never know, perhaps even trade down to #24-ish nd then move up from #24 slightly but still keep #28.

Did you think of the patriots before, or after you saw the article/thread about them working out Carricker? it certainly puts more substance behind it because they would need to trade to #10 as the 49ers at #11 would likley take him.

Crowder would be a nice DE at #40 i really really really like IAF there too
            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

The Texans have now completely addressed their RB situation. It looks like Adrian Peterson will be a Falcon, unless Buffalo trades up for him.

Comment

I would be absouletly estatic with Adrian Peterson. He is a stud.

But aren't the Browns still a legit possibilty?

Comment

Adrian Peterson would be sick nasty for us. especially if Fonoti plays better than expected (and is re-signed after this year for what he is worth) and Omiyale wins the starting job at LT (he truly fits well there, is a great pass blocker and was a good drive blocker in college. he had trouble picking up zone blocking though and IMO could really be good with a guy like Fonoti next to him and a guy like Weiner still here to mentor him. Hopefully we have our guys gain 10-15 pounds a piece too. let's say he line goes from this:
                  Gandy - 6'4" 315
                  Lehr - 6'3" 304
                  McClure - 6'1" 286
                  Forney - 6'3" 307
                  Weiner - 6'5" 297
                  to this:
                  Omiyale - 6'4" 320
                  Fonoti - 6'4" 350
                  McClure - 6'1" 300
                  Forney - 6'3" 320
                  Weiner - 6'5" 310
                  it increases our average weight from 302 pounds to around 320 pounds. more power for the run game and better pass blocking on the left side to match the good pass blocking on the right side now.

Owner of ScarDraft
                  Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

If we got Adrian we would have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL for the next 8 years no matter what we did lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      I would be absouletly estatic with Adrian Peterson. He is a stud.

But aren't the Browns still a legit possibilty?
                      I think they take a QB. Jamal isn't the long term answer, but he allows them to hold off on Running Back until later in the draft.

Comment

I just don't think they can pass on him. I think they'd be crazy to pass a talent like that.

Comment

I understand the attraction of drafting CJ and keeping him in house, but me as the biggest CJ fan, a GT alum, and a loyal fan of the falcons for over 20 years I cannot agree with any trading up to get CJ early. We have so many holes on both sides of the ball and we lack depth everywhere because we have so much money locked into one shaky player. So trade down....get a real ILB like Patrick Willis at 15 if he's still there. We cannot count on Brooking AGAIN although he is WAY past his prime and only collects those numbers by adding on half-tackles at the end of the play. Please McKay do it right for a change!!!! We haven't had draft picks of value in at least 5 years!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mahnee View Post
                            I understand the attraction of drafting CJ and keeping him in house, but me as the biggest CJ fan, a GT alum, and a loyal fan of the falcons for over 20 years I cannot agree with any trading up to get CJ early. We have so many holes on both sides of the ball and we lack depth everywhere because we have so much money locked into one shaky player. So trade down....
                            I agree up to this point.

get a real ILB like Patrick Willis at 15 if he's still there. We cannot count on Brooking AGAIN although he is WAY past his prime and only collects those numbers by adding on half-tackles at the end of the play. Please McKay do it right for a change!!!! We haven't had draft picks of value in at least 5 years!!!!!
                            He is getting old, and his tackle numbers are a tad misleading. That said; I think Jordan Beck gets the nod if the team sours on Brooking, rather than a draft pick. Still, I would expect Brooking to be the starter for at least one more year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              He is getting old, and his tackle numbers are a tad misleading. That said; I think Jordan Beck gets the nod if the team sours on Brooking, rather than a draft pick. Still, I would expect Brooking to be the starter for at least one more year.
                              I was excited to see us draft Beck seeing his 40 time. Beck has shown flashes of greatness in preseason contests but he's playing against second tier competition and hasn't stayed healthy. With as much injury problems our LB corp had last year he still didn't take the field often which makes me very worried about our soft middle being in his hands. Brooking is no better and he cannot lay the wood. How many times do you see RB's make first contact against our D and then gain 3 or 4 more yards dragging our guys? We need a mean streak, and somebody that will hit an RB and make them drop. As much as I hate to admit it, the SEC PUMPS NFL talent and Pat Willis being a starter for years at Ole Miss is no different. MLB is still a need although not as apparent as S or DE. I'd say almost as important as OL.

Although Nelson is a bit more of a gamble b/c of his lack of D1 experience and size he could still be available up to 7 picks later than our 10th. If not Willis then Nelson and get more picks! We'll still have talent at the S position possibly available in the 2nd if Meriweather and Griffin lasts that long. Who just wants to see our D get nasty??

Comment

I don't agree with you Mahnee.

Beck is incredible, and he packs a serious punch with his tackles. His first NFL hit...a forced fumble. He was fine all last year, except our coaching staff last year wasn't good. I think he should have gotten some play time for sure last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information