Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    How does that terrible showing in the last game affect your assessment of our needs going into next year? I went from thinking we needed RB/WR to needing DE/CB in round 1. You just have to be able to get pressure with only your front four.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by callmejohn View Post
      How does that terrible showing in the last game affect your assessment of our needs going into next year? I went from thinking we needed RB/WR to needing DE/CB in round 1. You just have to be able to get pressure with only your front four.
      We also need to be able to score because our ***** ******* coverage allows teams to march down the field.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by callmejohn View Post
        How does that terrible showing in the last game affect your assessment of our needs going into next year? I went from thinking we needed RB/WR to needing DE/CB in round 1. You just have to be able to get pressure with only your front four.
        CB wasn't the problem. while yes, we do need a better nickel, we don't need to draft one. I think we need to let Franks have a shot, when he played earlier this season he looked ten times better than Owens and Williams. Another thing we need is to get A LOT more pass rush.

        Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by scar988 View Post
          CB wasn't the problem. while yes, we do need a better nickel, we don't need to draft one. I think we need to let Franks have a shot, when he played earlier this season he looked ten times better than Owens and Williams. Another thing we need is to get A LOT more pass rush.
          I agree with the pass rush need. Everyone is saying it is our CB's fault for allowing Aaron Rodgers to throw all over us, im sorry but we got close to zero pressure last night and when ever we did we didn't finish the sack.

          Sig by BK

          “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by scar988 View Post
            CB wasn't the problem. while yes, we do need a better nickel, we don't need to draft one. I think we need to let Franks have a shot, when he played earlier this season he looked ten times better than Owens and Williams. Another thing we need is to get A LOT more pass rush.
            I was wondering about Franks too. He only got 2 snaps at CB that I saw. Both against Larry Fitzgerald, one was a tackle, one was an interception. Seems to me you'd want that kind of player on the field.

            I watched the Falcons lose to the Saints and think that Brian Williams had as much to do with the loss as anyone in the game, even more than Turner's fumble, how many sacks did he miss, 3, 4?

            Of the Falcons games I've seen, I think that the Falcons are lacking a true #2 WR to be that elite offense they are capable of being. They need to get Harry Douglas more involved from the slot. I also wonder what happened to Lawrence Sidbury, did he even play this season? So I wonder if DE is really a need, or if they just need to use their personnel. Their CB spot seems awfully week outside of Robinson. I kept reading about how good Brent Grimes was, and how he led the NFL in pass breakups, but that happens when you get thrown at every play. He gave up a ton of plays, seems like he's got the knack for making big plays, but also giving up drive extending plays a lot.

            That being said I would put the Falcons order of need

            1a.) WR
            1b.) CB
            2.) DE
            3.) OL
            4.) OLB

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
              I agree with the pass rush need. Everyone is saying it is our CB's fault for allowing Aaron Rodgers to throw all over us, im sorry but we got close to zero pressure last night and when ever we did we didn't finish the sack.
              I disagree, even when they dropped 8 in coverage the LBs and CBs were just getting burnt up.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                I disagree, even when they dropped 8 in coverage the LBs and CBs were just getting burnt up.
                it didn't help that we let Aaron stand there and not look rushed.

                Sig by BK

                “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                  I was wondering about Franks too. He only got 2 snaps at CB that I saw. Both against Larry Fitzgerald, one was a tackle, one was an interception. Seems to me you'd want that kind of player on the field.

                  I watched the Falcons lose to the Saints and think that Brian Williams had as much to do with the loss as anyone in the game, even more than Turner's fumble, how many sacks did he miss, 3, 4?

                  Of the Falcons games I've seen, I think that the Falcons are lacking a true #2 WR to be that elite offense they are capable of being. They need to get Harry Douglas more involved from the slot. I also wonder what happened to Lawrence Sidbury, did he even play this season? So I wonder if DE is really a need, or if they just need to use their personnel. Their CB spot seems awfully week outside of Robinson. I kept reading about how good Brent Grimes was, and how he led the NFL in pass breakups, but that happens when you get thrown at every play. He gave up a ton of plays, seems like he's got the knack for making big plays, but also giving up drive extending plays a lot.

                  That being said I would put the Falcons order of need

                  1a.) WR
                  1b.) CB
                  2.) DE
                  3.) OL
                  4.) OLB
                  WR is not our 1st need. did you see our D last night?

                  Sig by BK

                  “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I'd say our top three needs are a pass rusher, receiver, and a scat back.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                      WR is not our 1st need. did you see our D last night?
                      I saw a defense that was on the field way too much last night. I saw a defense that gave up a long drive after some really bad no calls on the rape that was happening on the line by the Packers on 3rd downs. I saw a defense that didn't get a break after that and got gassed because of the big kickoff return touchdown. I saw an offense that put the defense in really bad spots 2 different times. 4 turnovers.

                      I saw a coach that made a bad decision to try to get more yardage at half, and I saw a QB that compounded a bad coaching decision by throwing a pick 6 and taking the game from 21-17 to 28-14 and ended the game in the first half. So, you can't blame ALL of that on defense.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        How is this for our first three picks?

                        1st - Ryan Kerrigan
                        2nd - Leonard Hankerson / Jerrel Jernigan
                        3rd - Noel Devine

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                          How is this for our first three picks?

                          1st - Ryan Kerrigan
                          2nd - Leonard Hankerson / Jerrel Jernigan
                          3rd - Noel Devine
                          I would say the Falcons with those additions would be beyond frightening.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Jerningan won't make it into the deep 2nd round, and Noel Devine is not someone the Falcons would pick.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Jerningan won't make it into the deep 2nd round, and Noel Devine is not someone the Falcons would pick.
                              Sadly this is true, however I think one of either Jernigan, Torrey Smith, or Hankerson will make it there. I would be estatic with any of them.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Let's be honest here guys, we won't draft anyone explosive like this. We'll hear about how Harry Douglas needed the year with his knee and the same with Peria. We'll draft a "complete" defensive end who will serve as nothing more than a similar player to what Kroy was this year, or we will draft an OL who will sit for a year behind whoever the starter is in front of him. (Clabo, McClure, or Baker). And forget making a big splash like Gaither or Vincent Jackson in Free Agency. We'll add a solid player or two and act like he's the missing piece when he'll just be a slight upgrade over what we have and than we'll play well and get thrashed again for being amazingly predictable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information