No announcement yet.

2011 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully with the addition of Julio Jones, teams will put less players in the box that will open up our running game. Also the offensive line has gotten a lot worse blocking for our RBs.

Turner had a 4.1 yards per rush.

Snelling had a 3.7 yards per rush.

As a team we were bottom 10 in rushing yards (105.9) per game. That's the lowest we have had in a very long time. Bottom line, our running game needs to improve.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Im really hoping to start getting some screens w/ Quizz and Snelling, we havent had that in the offense in a very long time.

Comment

• B- from Scott.

GUess he wasn't wild about the trade, "tempered" the grade :/

Comment

• Meh draft grades are dumb and this off-season sucks ass.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            Hopefully with the addition of Julio Jones, teams will put less players in the box that will open up our running game. Also the offensive line has gotten a lot worse blocking for our RBs.

Turner had a 4.1 yards per rush.

Snelling had a 3.7 yards per rush.

As a team we were bottom 10 in rushing yards (105.9) per game. That's the lowest we have had in a very long time. Bottom line, our running game needs to improve.
            I don't know where you got those team stats...we ranked 12th in rushing yards with 118.2 a game in 2010. But I do get your point. We ranked 5th in rushing attempts/game and 25th in yards/attempt...talk about inefficiency.

It is ALL about spreading the defense thin. Whether it was our lack of deep pass playcalls (on Mularkey), inability of our WRs to gain separation (on WRs), or too much air under a ball (on Ryan), we have to be able to keep the defense honest with a quick strike ability. That is the only way we can get those safeties out of the box. Having White and Jones at the X and Y position is great, but Mularkey better send them deep a good amount and not **** us over. Same with Matt Ryan and his arm; he needs more zip on his deep passes.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              I don't know where you got those team stats...we ranked 12th in rushing yards with 118.2 a game in 2010. But I do get your point. We ranked 5th in rushing attempts/game and 25th in yards/attempt...talk about inefficiency.

It is ALL about spreading the defense thin. Whether it was our lack of deep pass playcalls (on Mularkey), inability of our WRs to gain separation (on WRs), or too much air under a ball (on Ryan), we have to be able to keep the defense honest with a quick strike ability. That is the only way we can get those safeties out of the box. Having White and Jones at the X and Y position is great, but Mularkey better send them deep a good amount and not **** us over. Same with Matt Ryan and his arm; he needs more zip on his deep passes.
              I was probably drunk at the time I made up those stats.

we all hate you

Comment

• Also:

...[Jones] also outleaped starting cornerback Brent Grimes — no small feat — pulling the ball over Grimes’ head in the end zone. Then he ran a beautiful corner route with an inside fake that left the offensive players hooting as Jones got himself wide open.
                -Fox Sports on Julio

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Found an interesting article on Tom Melton's website that I found rather curious. Its on how to resolve the vacancy at defensive end without selling the cow to get a guy like Ray Edwards. Here it be:

https://tommeltonscouting.wordpress....e-end-problem/
                  "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

• Pretty cool, nice article. Now let's get that CBA deal done.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Pretty cool, nice article. Now let's get that CBA deal done.
                      I agree. Lets get this **** done so we can go about our business.
                      "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information