Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Falcon fans, realize this. Your team just went 13-3...amazing year.

    Does it feel like a waste right now? Absolutely, but it wasn't, it's just going to piss this group off more next year.

    But look back at the game.

    Jenkins doesn't slip on fresh paint = 7 points for Atlanta
    Coach doesn't call a bad play at half, and have his Pro Bowl QB have a brain fart = 3 points for Atlanta -7 points for Green Bay
    McClure doesn't destroy Matt with his butt for whatever reason dropping into pass pro on a QB sneak -3 points for Green Bay + drive extension for Falcons
    Jenkins 'no catch' gets properly called a catch + drive extension for the Falcons
    Jenkins doesn't fumble the ball fighting for extra extra yards after getting the first down + drive extension for the Falcons.

    Those right there are 20 points, I know that's not the entire difference in the game, but the Falcons played their worst game of the season and Green Bay played their best. The score wasn't really indicative of who was the better team. Chin up Falcon Faithful, you guys have a team that is going to scare a lot of people from here on out.

    Comment


    • #92
      This year wasn't amazing in the slightest. It was a complete and utter failure.

      Comment


      • #93
        I would have been much more happier had we went 3-13.

        Sig by: BK

        02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
          I would have been much more happier had we went 3-13.
          You're kidding, right?

          Incredibly depressing end to the season, but we still had a better season than maybe 5 or 6 teams - and the future still looks bright, assuming we add a few pieces.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
            You're kidding, right?

            Incredibly depressing end to the season, but we still had a better season than maybe 5 or 6 teams - and the future still looks bright, assuming we add a few pieces.
            Yea I'm speaking purely on bitterness. Though, at least like that I wouldn't be so damn disappointed. I don't care what draft selection we get, it just said it because maybe then the FO would fire BVG and make some real changes. I'm just afraid we'll go back on the field next season with Harry at the slot and Turner running out of bounds and our D rushing 3 and getting picked apart.

            Sig by: BK

            02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

            Comment


            • #96
              We haven't talked about him much but Randall Cobb fits the profile we're looking for.

              Sig by: BK

              02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

              Comment


              • #97
                So Scott Wright mocked us Allen Bailey. Well that would qualify as explosive to imo. He's also from Georgia so that'll be nice. He should fit in well as a LDE.

                Sig by: BK

                02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                  So Scott Wright mocked us Allen Bailey. Well that would qualify as explosive to imo. He's also from Georgia so that'll be nice. He should fit in well as a LDE.
                  Allen Bailey is one of those guys who is going to soar come draft time imo. Watching him play, he'd always jump off at me. He seems like a player who is going to make a very good pro.

                  What do the Falcons say about Lawrence Sidbury though? He was my favorite pure pass rusher a couple years ago, haven't heard anything about him.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                    So Scott Wright mocked us Allen Bailey. Well that would qualify as explosive to imo. He's also from Georgia so that'll be nice. He should fit in well as a LDE.
                    I like Bailey, but I'm just not feeling a tweener, unless we can figure out some sweet rotation. I'd rather get Tyron Smith or Justin Houston if it played out Scott's way.

                    Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                    Allen Bailey is one of those guys who is going to soar come draft time imo. Watching him play, he'd always jump off at me. He seems like a player who is going to make a very good pro.

                    What do the Falcons say about Lawrence Sidbury though? He was my favorite pure pass rusher a couple years ago, haven't heard anything about him.
                    Hopefully Sidbury explodes onto the scene. He'd be a big help for us. He never suited up this year because he can't play ST.

                    Comment


                    • This year was a complete wash for Sidbury. He can make big plays, I'm shocked that he wasn't on the field at all and Jamaal Anderson played another year of football.

                      I think we like the fact that Allen Bailey is a tweener. We want to play him inside and out, he would replace JA98 with much more efficiency of course

                      Sig by: BK

                      02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

                      Comment


                      • Hello, I am a newb but anywho, I post on the atlanta falcons message board ALOT and I decided to join today since I am a draft nut.

                        In regards to the Falcons pressing needs, The falcons have to add more overall talent on the team. They need more explosive players on offense and need a defense end that can get after the passer. Also need more GIRTH at the DT position. I understand the rotation idea but we just need more weight on the front line...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dmoney1632 View Post
                          Hello, I am a newb but anywho, I post on the atlanta falcons message board ALOT and I decided to join today since I am a draft nut.

                          In regards to the Falcons pressing needs, The falcons have to add more overall talent on the team. They need more explosive players on offense and need a defense end that can get after the passer. Also need more GIRTH at the DT position. I understand the rotation idea but we just need more weight on the front line...
                          Welcome. Disagree on a big NT. It doesn't fit our system. We are fine at stopping the run. We don't need a NT who is going to just clog. We need someone who can get after the passer. Peria Jerry and company failed to provide that at the spot next to Babs.

                          Comment


                          • Adding a bigger guy on the interior of the D-Line will not solve the issue we have with being explosive and getting to the QB. After drafting peria in round 1 and peters in round 3, I don't think we should spend any more draft picks on them. Vance Walker has also been really reliable on running downs as well.

                            We need the opposite of a clogger on the D-Line. We need a consistent play maker, disruptor, for when John Abraham can't do it by himself. It's sad but we also might need to spend a higher pick on a CB then we might want to because our nickels are ****. OLB is definitely another option, especially a pass rusher and/or cover guy. Tall and rangy.

                            Sig by: BK

                            02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            we all hate you

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Welcome. Disagree on a big NT. It doesn't fit our system. We are fine at stopping the run. We don't need a NT who is going to just clog. We need someone who can get after the passer. Peria Jerry and company failed to provide that at the spot next to Babs.
                              Well, if we got a bigger nose, it could eat up a guy and allow for more one on ones. Peria isnt back all the way from his ACL injury so next year should be the telling year. And our scheme is horrendous. You play 10 yards off with the corner but yet you want to zone blitz. You allow all the underneath stuff.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                Adding a bigger guy on the interior of the D-Line will not solve the issue we have with being explosive and getting to the QB. After drafting peria in round 1 and peters in round 3, I don't think we should spend any more draft picks on them. Vance Walker has also been really reliable on running downs as well.

                                We need the opposite of a clogger on the D-Line. We need a consistent play maker, disruptor, for when John Abraham can't do it by himself. It's sad but we also might need to spend a higher pick on a CB then we might want to because our nickels are ****. OLB is definitely another option, especially a pass rusher and/or cover guy. Tall and rangy.
                                I think thats more of a schematics thing with the CBs. We zone blitz as you know but we do not press the WRs so we allow the underneath stuff and allow the no knock of the timing between the QB and WR

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information