Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Falcons need to add a quality pass catcher BAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Falcons need to add a quality pass catcher BAD

    I'm not sure what type of pass catcher would be the right fit, but the Falcons really really need to upgrade their WR corps, add a young TE or add a young RB who excels at pass catching. Maybe all three. The offense would obviously be in big trouble if Roddy got hurt. The Monday night game made it clear the Falcons just don't have enough playmakers in the passing game.

  • #2
    Been saying this for a while. We really just need someone with some explosive big play ability. Not a guy who we just run down the field and chuck bombs too, because that's not Matt's game, but someone who can make a big play for us when Roddy is getting raped with coverage.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's too bad Norwood can't stay healthy. He would help the passing game at least a little

      Comment


      • #4
        Jernigan seems like he'd be a tremendous fit to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          If the falcons come out of the draft with either Jernigan or Szczur, I (and Matt Ryan) will be very happy

          Comment


          • #6
            Random thoughts:

            You guys have a coach that gets more out of his team than their talent level IMO, and a young GM that is pretty good at adding talent. That's a pretty dangerous combo.

            I feel like you guys were ahead of schedule since Ryan came out so ready to play, and you needed a year or two with top 15 and better picks.

            Looks like the Panthers have the only front office that isn't above average during draft day.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

            Comment


            • #7
              Not trying to flame, but you guys had a Pro Bowl WR and TE and an at least respectable #2 WR. The problem was at QB. Ryan was too afraid to throw it into coverage. He was too conservative and would only dump it off underneath. Green Bay's receivers had a great day, but they weren't running wide open on every play. Rodgers was just playing out of his mind and fitting the ball into microscopic windows. That TD that James Jones caught in the first half was within 6 inches of getting swatted away by Brent Grimes but he didn't get there. Ryan wasn't trying to make throws like that. No risk, no reward.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
                Not trying to flame, but you guys had a Pro Bowl WR and TE and an at least respectable #2 WR. The problem was at QB. Ryan was too afraid to throw it into coverage. He was too conservative and would only dump it off underneath. Green Bay's receivers had a great day, but they weren't running wide open on every play. Rodgers was just playing out of his mind and fitting the ball into microscopic windows. That TD that James Jones caught in the first half was within 6 inches of getting swatted away by Brent Grimes but he didn't get there. Ryan wasn't trying to make throws like that. No risk, no reward.
                The pro bowl is a popularity contest. If you honestly believe Tony Gonzalez played at a high level this season, you weren't watching the games. Michael Jenkins is not respectable, he would not start on 90% of NFL teams.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
                  Not trying to flame, but you guys had a Pro Bowl WR and TE and an at least respectable #2 WR. The problem was at QB. Ryan was too afraid to throw it into coverage. He was too conservative and would only dump it off underneath. Green Bay's receivers had a great day, but they weren't running wide open on every play. Rodgers was just playing out of his mind and fitting the ball into microscopic windows. That TD that James Jones caught in the first half was within 6 inches of getting swatted away by Brent Grimes but he didn't get there. Ryan wasn't trying to make throws like that. No risk, no reward.

                  I was going to guess that you just watched the playoff game and are making all your assumptions based on that, but I'm not sure how you could even come away from that game calling Jenkins respectable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Doubja94 View Post
                    If the falcons come out of the draft with either Jernigan or Szczur, I (and Matt Ryan) will be very happy
                    12 minutes after you make your post:

                    This happens

                    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=3060

                    Coincidence?

                    **** that sucks. I think he has the academic qualifications and compared to Wes Welker who plays for the pats, TD would be all over him.

                    Sig by: BK

                    02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      12 minutes after you make your post:

                      This happens

                      http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=3060

                      Coincidence?

                      **** that sucks. I think he has the academic qualifications and compared to Wes Welker who plays for the pats, TD would be all over him.
                      If by 12 minutes you mean 20 days than yea.... Haha but yea it sucks, we need Jernigan or Torrey smith. Given TD's latest interview how would you guys feel about trading up to the teens to pick up Julio Jones

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Doubja94 View Post
                        If by 12 minutes you mean 20 days than yea.... Haha but yea it sucks, we need Jernigan or Torrey smith. Given TD's latest interview how would you guys feel about trading up to the teens to pick up Julio Jones
                        There is no way we trade up in this draft, imo. If we do it would be for an "explosive" defensive player or an OT given we don't sign Clabo but not a #2 WR.

                        Sig by: BK

                        02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Doubja94 View Post
                          If by 12 minutes you mean 20 days than yea.... Haha but yea it sucks, we need Jernigan or Torrey smith. Given TD's latest interview how would you guys feel about trading up to the teens to pick up Julio Jones
                          I'd be on board for a move up. I'm not sure who I'd like, but this is a week draft. So if there's a difference maker in the teens, by all means, pull the trigger.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            I was going to guess that you just watched the playoff game and are making all your assumptions based on that, but I'm not sure how you could even come away from that game calling Jenkins respectable.
                            I live about 4 miles from the Georgia Dome. I watch Falcons games. And I didn't say he was dominant; I said he was respectable. When you're #5 overall in team rushing attempts and you have a #1 WR who catches 1400 yards and a TE who catches 700 yards, how many plays do you think are left for your #2 WR? The Falcons didn't lose because of Michael Jenkins. Ryan was gun shy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              TD bring Vincent Jackson to atlanta!!

                              Sig by BK

                              “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information