Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Grady, soon to be cut?

LINK

Don't be surprised if big Atlanta defensive tackle Grady Jackson is cut loose before training camp in a salary cap move.
    Maybe the team is concerned about his health. If so, then Ian Scott likely would be the replacement.

Interesting, he played good as a runstuffer last year for you guys? The Giants had some interest in him last year, could use someone to rotate as well.

Comment

I hope we don't. Unless his knees are really bad, that is. Because he was mentioned by PFW as a pro-bowl snub.

Comment

He was a Pro Bowl Snub...

Comment

!!! No way. He was one of, if not the best, defensive players for us last year...We cant just cut him like that.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            !!! No way. He was one of, if not the best, defensive players for us last year...We cant just cut him like that.
            The only justification would be, if his knees are really poor. Which I assume they are. If we cut him, at least that means they will go after Ian Scott. Who is very good, and much younger. It could also mean that the team may go after Amobi Okoye.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              LINK

Maybe the team is concerned about his health. If so, then Ian Scott likely would be the replacement.
              what the hell does the Denver Post know about Atlanta Shiver? no offense but this doesn't hold much weight IMO.

Owner of ScarDraft
              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Ian Scott would be a good replacement for Jackson. He's not as talented but he's got a good motor and would be a good compliment to your other DT whose name escapes me right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Scott isn't really a Nose Tackle is he though? I always thought he was more of Three Technique guy, while Grady is used to clog up the middle and take on double teams, freeing up Rod Coleman(the other DT) and the rest of the line. Grady was a total BEAST when healthy with the Packers, and i was glad to see him do well in Atlanta this season.

Comment

If Grady is cut would yall be ok with taking Okoye at 8. I know I would, he shows great talent, he's young, and he's played for Petrino at Louisville. But he wouldn't fill the NT position really at all like Grady did, so if we did sign Ian Scott, do you think we would have a 3-man rotation at DT?
                    Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
                    Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

Comment

if grady is cut, then both okoye and branch become options.

a solid four man rotation at UT/NT is necessary.

i'd rather keep grady and sign scott, since we have too many draft needs to create another one by releasing grady.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

oh, yes, scott is definitely a nose tackle. he's not huge, weight wise, but he has good leverage, is very solid against the run, and isn't much of a pass rusher.
                        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I hope this isn't true. I read the other day that Grady was the only d-line starter who played every game last year. This definitely swings momentum towards Okoye as the pick at #8 which wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

Comment

Anybody hear any word on the progress w/ Ian Scott? AJC reports this morning that he'll likely resign with the Bears although the Bears signed Anthony Adams this weekend. Please let me know if you guys hear anything else

Comment

I didn't see that report...but the AJC isn't a really good read anyway. Its sad how pitiful Atlanta's Journalism is. Anyway...yeah...I hope we can sign him away, but I don't know, depends how much $$$ he is looking at.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information