Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you give up for calvin Johnson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
    Other's have pointed out that this will not get the job done. I think the Falcon's would be foolish to make this trade even if Detroit would take it. There will be a lot of starters coming from the top of the 2nd round this year, and Landry is the best Defensive player available, IMO. Adding a potential superstar WR will not help the Falcons as much as upgrading the defense and OL.

I'm envious of the Falcon's draft positions for the next 2 years if they can keep all of their picks.

Out those 3 picks we miss on all of those picks would be happy?

If we gat LANDURY WHAT HIS STATS WOULD BE AND HIS IMPACT AND HIS ROOKIE YEAR COMPARSION.

lANDDURY sTARTS 16 GAMES 79 TACKLES 4 INT cOMPARSSION mIKE HUFF ROOKIE YEAR
    cLAVIN jOHNSON 16 GAMES 58 reC 10 td cOMPARSION lARRY fITZ

cLAVIN IN THIS TEAM MAKES US A BETTER BECAUSE HE BRINGS THE 8 MAN OUT OF THE BOX AND MAYBE HE DRAW A DOUBLE TEAM AND THAT WILL OPEN UP RUNNING LANES

Comment

Originally posted by butterman42d View Post

If we gat LANDURY WHAT HIS STATS WOULD BE AND HIS IMPACT AND HIS ROOKIE YEAR COMPARSION.

cLAVIN IN THIS TEAM MAKES US A BETTER BECAUSE HE BRINGS THE 8 MAN OUT OF THE BOX AND MAYBE HE DRAW A DOUBLE TEAM AND THAT WILL OPEN UP RUNNING LANES

I 2nd that!

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Out those 3 picks if we miss on all of those picks would you be happy?

Would calvin help our team and how or how or how not!

he helps keeps the defense off the field because we will be making firts down.
        Would landry help our team and how and how or how not

Comment

yes Calvin would help...but what would you rather have?

1 - WR Calvin Johnson

or

8 - S LaRon Landry
          39 - OT Joe Staley
          44 - DE Quentin Moses

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Calvin will help put points on the board

Originally posted by scar988 View Post

1 - WR Calvin Johnson

or

8 - S LaRon Landry
            39 - OT Joe Staley
            44 - DE Quentin Moses

This year we will have to outscore people to win?
            Our Def is not going to be great this year

We could fix our offense a lot faster with this year draft than our def with this year draft.

We have a easy schedule and we will be working out 3 wr set.

Comment

The last 2 years we lost becasue of injury

Beside injury

We have lost the game becasue we can not substain drives.
              Also during clutch time in the games our wr drop the ball more time than our safety got burned for the game winner on a deep pass.

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post

1 - WR Calvin Johnson

or

8 - S LaRon Landry
                39 - OT Joe Staley
                44 - DE Quentin Moses
                No way Staley falls to 39 at this point.
                No way Moses is worth the 44th pick in the draft, I'd MUCH rather have Calvin.

Comment

It's hard to argue with this logic.

The Falcons need way more than one WR to be a winner. They have talent at the WR position and it would be a mistake to take 1 more WR than to get 3 potential impact players at positions of real need.

Comment

It's hard to argue with this logic.

The Falcons need way more than one WR to be a winner. They have talent at the WR position and it would be a mistake to take 1 more WR than to get 3 potential impact players at positions of real need.

Everyone knows vick is a great talent. It would be nice to see what vick would look like with another super athlete at wr.

When D Mac 5 had Terrel Owens they went to the superbowl.
                    Before than they went 3 divisinal title.

Vick led us to play in one title game with sub par talent at wr. I know we are saying we drafted two first rd wr but known to cablier of CJ.

IS Calvin Johnson better than any WR on our team?

Comment

I can live with whatever decision McKay and Petrino makes...... Whether they move up to get Johnson or stay put and select Landry or move back and select Nelson....... You can't miss a player you never had..... You can be mad because you skipped him, after the fact..... but only so many players drafted will be put in schemes where they can flourish their first couple of years.....

Saying that if the Falcons draft someone who is productive and can help the Team within the 1st couple of years and they do, then I'm happy.

MEANING: the draft is 2 weeks away..... I just have to sit back and watch.
                      Last edited by Mr. Myogi; 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

How bout every offensive player on my team cept for Kyle Boller!!!

And then just all UDFA's and then Kyle to Calvin for 80 yards every drive!!
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Everyone knows vick is a great talent. It would be nice to see what vick would look like with another super athlete at wr.

When D Mac 5 had Terrel Owens they went to the superbowl.
                          Before than they went 3 divisinal title.

Vick led us to play in one title game with sub par talent at wr. I know we are saying we drafted two first rd wr but known to cablier of CJ.

IS Calvin Johnson better than any WR on our team?
                          The Eagles made 3 straight NFC Championship games before going to the Super Bowl. They were a strong team with a championship level defense and a good oline. I clearly remember them having one of the best DLines and secondaries in the league. An argument could be made that they were one WR away from winning the Super Bowl . . . However, they didn't even win it.

The Falcons are not the team that the Eagles were and they will win more games by drafting 3 better defenders and Oline as opposed to another 1st round WR. I don't know why I'm arguing . . . I'm pretty sure time will tell that the Falcon's front office agrees with me.

Oh, and CJ is miles better than any WR on your team. He's got a good chance to be great and he's from Georgia. I certainly understand why you'd want him, but the situation isn't right for the Falcons. Try not to get your hopes up too high.

Comment

The Eagles made 3 straight NFC Championship games before going to the Super Bowl. They were a strong team with a championship level defense and a good oline. I clearly remember them having one of the best DLines and secondaries in the league. An argument could be made that they were one WR away from winning the Super Bowl . . . However, they didn't even win it.

The Falcons are not the team that the Eagles were and they will win more games by drafting 3 better defenders and Oline as opposed to another 1st round WR. I don't know why I'm arguing . . . I'm pretty sure time will tell that the Falcon's front office agrees with me.

Oh, and CJ is miles better than any WR on your team. He's got a good chance to be great and he's from Georgia. I certainly understand why you'd want him, but the situation isn't right for the Falcons. Try not to get your hopes up too high.
                            Fantastic post. The only way I won't be PO'd by a trade up, is if the team somehow managed to trade a future 1st, rather than both the 2nd round picks. As long as the team has 1, 2, 3, I would be alright with it.
                            Last edited by Shiver; 04-13-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

This year we will have to outscore people to win?
                              Our Def is not going to be great this year

We could fix our offense a lot faster with this year draft than our def with this year draft.

We have a easy schedule and we will be working out 3 wr set.
                              no we won't be doing 3 WR as the base. the article says 3 receivng options in every formation. which means maybe 2 WR's and a RB or even 2 TE's and a WR. it doesn't say a thing abotu 3 WRs. trust me when I say this though. our defense has potential to be amazing this year with Zimmer. we just need a FS who can protect the corners and a pass rusher. at 8 and 44 if wwe coudl get Landry and Moses, we would be a lot better than you think we would. also, Moses is very much worth the 44. he was held back by the coaches last year and was playing more of a run stopper than anything else.

Owner of ScarDraft
                              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I am NOT at all happy with Moses on this team to be honest, there is only 1 of those guys I would want, and that's Big Bully, because he's got the strength to play at the next level where as Moses is going to rely strictly on speed, which he doesn't have an excessive amount of.`

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information