Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you give up for calvin Johnson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you give up for calvin Johnson?

I would do everthing I could do to help my 100 million dollar QB. Payton M has R. Wayne and M. Harrision. Lets just see what can happen if he had #1 WR.

1st RD 2 overall pick WR Calvin Johnson
    WE Trade our 8 pick and both 2 round picks + next year 5 round pick.
    Our next pick should
    3rd round pick FS Brandon Meriweather Miami (FL) 5-105/8 195 4.47
    He will drop because of charcter issues just like Jimmy Willams.

We have 2 4 round pick
    RB M. Bush
    DE Tim Crowder Texas 6-35/8 272 4.69

Most of our need we be covered.

What is two much for calvin Johnson?

Merriweather looks to be going late 1st or early 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by butterman42d View Post
      I would do everthing I could do to help my 100 million dollar QB. Payton M has R. Wayne and M. Harrision. Lets just see what can happen if he had #1 WR.

Our next pick should

We have 2 4 round pick
      RB M. Bush

Jimmy Williams dropped from first round to second round. Same thing I would hope to happen to Meriweather.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I wouldn't trade anything. The team needs impact players at several positions. The team isn't one player away from contention, which is the only circumstance where you 'sell the farm' for one player.

Comment

I could live with it if we gave up the 8th, Falcons 2nd this year, a Denver's 4th this year and Houston's 2nd next year.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
            I could live with it if we gave up the 8th, Falcons 2nd this year, a Denver's 4th this year and Houston's 2nd next year.
            Likewise, as I suggested elsewhere. That's not selling the farm. We'd still have complete first days in 2007 and 2008. It's just selling Schaub.

I'd be torn as to whether to do it or not, because I would also like to fill all our needs. However, if it does happen, I would not be upset.
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
              Likewise, as I suggested elsewhere. That's not selling the farm. We'd still have complete first days in 2007 and 2008. It's just selling Schaub.

I'd be torn as to whether to do it or not, because I would also like to fill all our needs. However, if it does happen, I would not be upset.
              I think the Falcons can fill much needed positions (S, OL, DE) in the 2nd, 3rd, and with two 4ths,and get depth in the 5th, 6th, and 7th. The Falcons don't need to replace the entire squad, so they can also get depth from undrafted FA.

Comment

Possibly, though i'm not keen on having a 4th rounder, or even 3rd rounder, starting from day 1.

And we probably need new starters at both FS and LDE, and possibly also LT and LG.

Comment

FS is the only position I can see someone coming in and starting from Day 1.

If the Falcons somehow manage to get Calvin, I don't see the OL being that much of problem not to be solved with a 2nd, 3rd, or one of the 4ths.

Simply because the Blitz will be off and a lot of teams will only rush 4. One thing the Falcons have never had with Vick is a threat at WR. With CJ, Horn, Finn, and Jenk (upon improvement) they will have 4. That's scary along with Crump, Norwood and Dunn. ONLY IF EVERYONE CAN STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!

If the current OL finds it a problem to handle that, then they need to bagging groceries at the local supermarket.

Comment

That isn't enough value. No where close, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      That isn't enough value. No where close, actually.
                      No, it's not, but it doesn't mean that DET wouldn't take it if it was the best offer on the table. Whether other teams would offer more is, of course, another question.

Of course, this is all speculation, and I highly doubt that we move up at all. BUT, at that price, I wouldn't be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                        No, it's not, but it doesn't mean that DET wouldn't take it if it was the best offer on the table. Whether other teams would offer more is, of course, another question.

Of course, this is all speculation, and I highly doubt that we move up at all. BUT, at that price, I wouldn't be upset.
                        Neither would I. But Detroit won't just trade the pick away for a discount price. They will need either both of our 2nd round picks, or one of the 2nds and the '08 1st round pick. That is too pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by butterman42d View Post

Our next pick should

We have 2 4 round pick
                          RB M. Bush

The Falcons should help their $100MM QB by getting him more protection . . . not more 1st round WR's. I think you have the relationship between P. Manning, Wayne, and Harrison mixed up. Harrison and Wayne are good, but Manning makes them superstars, not the other way around.

Merriweather won't be there in the 3rd round, but if we are plaing make believe, you should just have CJ drop to #8. Then you can keep your 2nd rounders.

Comment

Other's have pointed out that this will not get the job done. I think the Falcon's would be foolish to make this trade even if Detroit would take it. There will be a lot of starters coming from the top of the 2nd round this year, and Landry is the best Defensive player available, IMO. Adding a potential superstar WR will not help the Falcons as much as upgrading the defense and OL.

I'm envious of the Falcon's draft positions for the next 2 years if they can keep all of their picks.

Comment

If we could get Joe Thomas @ #8 then that'd be the only way we would take a LT with our first pick imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information