No announcement yet.

Atlanta Falcons Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, does a Falcon fan know offhand what the highest round is that Atlanta has taken a running back since Alex Gibbs came over with the ZBS? Was Duckett (R1) taken while Gibbs was there?
    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

The only Running Back we've taken is Quincy Wilson in the seventh, DeAndra Cobb in the sixth, Norwood in the third.

Comment

It doesn't sound like Ray Lewis will play, that is great news. The Titans had little problems against the Ravens, because Lewis is the catalyst of that defensive unit. That said, our team is more banged up than they are. Once again, we will win if we don't turn the ball over.

Comment

i think we may well beat the ravens this week. on paper, we are screwed, obviously, but it's just the type of game we'd somehow end up winning.

with this up and down team, it's about time for vick to lift-off again.

i say we run the ball down their Lewis-bereft throats - hey, if the titans can do it! - and see how their hyper-aggresive defence deals with vick and some PA.

and on D, we just have to put everything on the run and let McNair show that he is no more consistent a passer of the ball than Vick.

by the way, a little pet peeve: it really annoys me when people get at vick for carrying the ball in one hand! without doing that, he would not be so great a threat. it's the fact that he remains a threat to pass the ball even as he scrambles which buys him extra yards every time. yes, the occasional fumbles are annoying, but they are more than compensated by the numerous big plays which result from vick's ability to throw on the run.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Mark Schlereth said on The Herd, that Michael Vick has to throw into a milk carton to get a completion with our receivers. He said he's seen every snap of our offense, and h was dumb-founded by the dropped passes. Including eight in the Lions game, nine in the Browns game.

Comment

Will your second half record be better or worse than last years? What do you guys think?

Comment

I think our second half record will be better...for a few reasons...once Abe comes back, he will help this team a LOT. Jimmy Williams getting a chance to play, BIG upgrade over Webster, and I think we'll finally get some return on our investment.

Comment

The reason we had our hiccup was very evident:

Vick Turnovers in Games 1-7: Six.

Record: 5-2

Vick Turnovers in Games 8-9: Six.

Record: 0-2

If he plays under control, we win. When he becomes careless, we lose. It's that simple. His receivers have consistently dropped passes, yet we still won, and Vick still had great stats. His turnovers are in-excusable. We go as he goes.

Comment

yay! another loss, looking foward to a good draft pick

Comment

good game ya all.

Comment

Our special teams lost us the game, every game it's something else. :( We have now lost games because of:

1. erratic offensive play on all levels, O-Line, WR drops, QB turnovers, disappearing running game.

2. erratic defensive play on all levels, run defense, pass defense.

3. terrible coaching, play calling, schemes, preperation, lacksidasical team energy.

We find ways to lose games, we should easily be near the top of the NFC.

Comment

We lost this game due to PATHETIC coaching #1 A myriad of injuries #2

#1 who HONESTLY loses a game and only throws 21 times? Vick was 9/13 in the first half...threw only EIGHT passes in the second half of the game? Really? I mean sure, he was 1/8, but how can you only throw EIGHT passes? Our playcalling was bad all game, Vick just happened to make it work on 1 drive. I couldn't believe it...I couldn't even stomach to watch the 2nd half of the game on TiVO. I wonder...was there ANY reason to only get Norwood 3 touches all game? THREE...and it wasn't 3 in a row to get any sort of a rythum...it was 1 per drive...that's STUPID.

#2 there's just no way we can keep our defense up to speed in the 2nd half of games without more rotation, and these young guys are just giving out. They start off great...but they can't finish the game out...which leads back to #1 as well.

Comment

Add a new candidate to the Replace Jim Mora list.

SD's OC. I love their playbook, and how they create mismatches.

You guys need to revamp the whole offense. Keep Vick and Crumpler, give the WRs a shot in a new system, but the whole ZBS and WCO scheme is not working. Get a whole new line, and a power runner. And of course fire Mora and get a traditional offense.

Theres still hope though. Like I said in other threads, theres a strong possibility of an 8-8 team getting to the playoffs in the NFC. I think Atlanta still has hope if they can get it together. Division games are gonna be HUGE. Lose the division games, then its over. But theres still hope. The NFC is such a crapshoot.

Heck, the NFL has been a crapshoot the past 2 years. Theres too much parity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              Add a new candidate to the Replace Jim Mora list.

SD's OC. I love their playbook, and how they create mismatches.

You guys need to revamp the whole offense. Keep Vick and Crumpler, give the WRs a shot in a new system, but the whole ZBS and WCO scheme is not working. Get a whole new line, and a power runner. And of course fire Mora and get a traditional offense.

Theres still hope though. Like I said in other threads, theres a strong possibility of an 8-8 team getting to the playoffs in the NFC. I think Atlanta still has hope if they can get it together. Division games are gonna be HUGE. Lose the division games, then its over. But theres still hope. The NFC is such a crapshoot.

Heck, the NFL has been a crapshoot the past 2 years. Theres too much parity.
                              the ZBS is working. the WCO is not even what we run anymore. this is what you don't get. we don't run a good offense because we can't execute. we have the talent. the scheme is finally right. we just aren't executing it. the same goes for defense except the defense has a lot of injuries.

Owner of ScarDraft
                              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

The "ZBS" isn't working, Vick is getting killed out there. We were 5th in the NFL in rushing in '02, while actually being able to pass protect and throw the football. Oh, by the way, our rushing attack for the past five games has been all Vick. Our receivers' struggles regardless, our offensive line scheme isn't conducive to productive passing attacks. The Denver Broncos as an example, they are only productive passing, on bootlegs and moving pockets, not drop backs.

As for the "WCO" it isn't so much the scheme, as it is the pathetic play calling. Actually our coaching staff in general. Where other teams, like San Diego, make adjustments at half time, our team falls apart in the 2nd half. We play down to competition, we don't adjust, the two biggest signs of piss poor coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information