Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scar988
    Originally posted by iloxygenil
    I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.
    so you want Tenuta eh? his scheme woudl work amazingly well and all we would have to do is draft a guy like Woodley to complete the personnel for it.
    To be honest I have no idea about Tenuta...but anything is better than bend don't break...I want a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.

Comment

Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
        Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.
        I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
          I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!
          Demorrio is not our best backer right now. they are running right at him just like they did last year. Brooking is our best backer right now. But Hartwell coming back means a LB rotation and they will all be fresher. it also means another possibility for rush end and the reason why I say you woudl like Tenuta is that he runs a Zone blitz defense that puts the CB's on islands. it also uses multiple fronts so we could be giving looks from the 4-3, the 3-4, the 3-3-5, the 4-4 and the 5-2 even at the NFL level. it woudl confuse people and no one wwould know what hit them. add in a guy like Woodley in this years draft and re-sign Kerney and it woudl work even better:
          4-3
          LE - Kerney/Woodley
          NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
          UT - Coleman/Babineaux/Shropshire
          RE - Abraham/Davis
          WLB - Brooking/Williams
          MLB - Hartwell/Beck
          SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
          3-4
          LE - Coleman/Babineaux
          NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
          RE - Shropshire/Kerney
          WOLB - Abraham/Woodley
          WILB - Brooking/Beck
          SILB - Hartwell/Beck
          SOLB - Boley/Williams
          3-3-5
          LE - Coleman/Babineaux
          NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
          RE - Shropshire/Kerney
          WLB - Williams/Beck
          MLB - Brooking/Beck
          SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
          4-4
          LE - Kerney/Woodley
          NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
          UT - Coleman/Babineaux/Shropshire
          RE - Abraham/Davis
          WOLB - Williams/Beck
          WILB - Brooking/Beck
          SILB - Hartwell/Beck
          SOLB - Boley/Beck
          5-2
          LE - Woodley/Davis
          LUT - Babineaux/Kerney
          NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
          RUT - Coleman/Shropshire
          RE - Abraham/Davis
          LLB - Brooking/Beck
          RLB - Boley/Williams

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
            2a.) Reggie Nelson
            2b.) Buster Davis
            3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggie

Comment

Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
              2a.) Reggie Nelson
              2b.) Buster Davis
              3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggie
              no., Beck is playing but isn't making as many plays. he is still a rookie basically and williams is an RFA so he has at least one more year with us. we are still 6 deep at LB meaning no LB's in the draft this year because it isn't a need.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                  I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)
                  well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
                  CB Jason Webster Out
                  CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
                  DE John Abraham Probable

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Originally posted by scar988
                    Originally posted by Flyboy
                    well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
                    CB Jason Webster Out
                    CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
                    DE John Abraham Probable
                    I am PRAYING that Jimmy is starting. I don't want Rossy to see the field. Colston isn't going to be playing is he?

Comment

• today's report only had these people on it:
                      Jason Webster - OUT!
                      Jimmy Williams - Questionable but practiced thursday and friday.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil
                        Colston isn't going to be playing is he?

Even if he does play, on that kind of ankle sprain, he won't be the same.

Comment

• its been 3 weeks...he's got to be almost recovered

Comment

• No, he injured it last week. :?

Comment

• Williams is recovered it seems.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988
                                Williams is recovered it seems.
                                I hope so...
                                and his sprained ankle was a few weeks ago...I remember because he was supposed to start against Detroit, but he and Webster got hurt the same week in practice that Mathis got hurt to end his season...that was before Detroit right? Then Kerney was during Cleveland game? Isn't that right? Cause they were there the first game...then they werent for the next 2 of our losing streak...now he is coming back healthy for what would be the 4th game of our losing streak.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information