Atlanta Falcons Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
    So are you guys thinking of drafting a tackle at 10? Doesnt seem to be a very deep draft class for tackles and you might have to reach for 1 to get a high quality one, because gandy is pretty old and declining.
    no. we are goign to get the BPA at 10. whether it is a T, DE, WR, S or RB . right now though it is looking like a RB, S or DE. I woudl say the big board is this:
    1) Calvin Johnson
    2) Joe Thomas
    3) Jamaal Anderson
    4) Gaines Adams
    5) LaRon Landry
    6) Reggie Nelson
    7) Marshawn Lynch
    8) Allen Branch
    expecting JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn in the top 10 and we have a pretty good chance at one of those 8.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• Unit by Unit analysis

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/teams/n...ND%20PERSONNEL

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988
        Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
        So are you guys thinking of drafting a tackle at 10? Doesnt seem to be a very deep draft class for tackles and you might have to reach for 1 to get a high quality one, because gandy is pretty old and declining.
        no. we are goign to get the BPA at 10. whether it is a T, DE, WR, S or RB . right now though it is looking like a RB, S or DE. I woudl say the big board is this:
        1) Calvin Johnson
        2) Joe Thomas
        3) Jamaal Anderson
        4) Gaines Adams
        5) LaRon Landry
        6) Reggie Nelson
        7) Marshawn Lynch
        8) Allen Branch
        expecting JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn in the top 10 and we have a pretty good chance at one of those 8.
        I'm thinking that Adrian Peterson is at 3.

Comment

• good news about vick. still, i hope he'll get a motivational kick in the arse from Petrino and co, because even if it wasn't illegal, it wasn't clever.

assuming that quinn and russell are gone, these are my top 11 options:

1. Calvin Johnson
          2. Joe Thomas
          3. Jamaal Anderson
          4. Gaines Adams
          5. Adrian Peterson
          6. Alan Branch
          7. Laron Landry
          8. Reggie Nelson
          9. Leon Hall
          10. Amobi Okoye
          11. Marshawn Lynch
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

• Interestingly, Nelson is now at #7 on Kiper's board.

I know that Kiper flip-flops a lot until right before the draft - basically covering his behind for any eventuality - but it does suggest that Nelson at least has top-10 potential in the eyes of NFL guys (for whatever you may think of Kiper's tactics, he does know his stuff). Also, Kiper's board is actually beginning to look vaguely sensible.

Nevermind trading down for him, perhaps Nelson won't even be there at #10!
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

• I wish they were a OL worth the #10 pick

I would like to see us go WR in round 2

Comment

• It's all going to depend on if we trade down or not. Justin Blaylock is a MONSTER and he'd be great to have here, and if we trade down he's someone I think we should take. But other than that, no Tackles (and I know he's a Guard) is worth the top 10 pick. We are going to have to make sure we go BPA this year, because our most pressing needs are very shallow in the draft, except for DE, which is abundant. So we can't make reaches and hitch our trailer to a player who doesn't really have that kind of potential, if we start reaching in the draft and taking less quality players it messes up the organization. Even if we don't get the position we need, the most, we can cover it if we have good football players.

That being said, I don't think we have anything to worry about that. This draft will have players available at our picks, such as Tony Ugoh in the 2nd / 3rd and we still have FA to iron a lot of stuff out.

Comment

• I want to hear if we are resigning Kerney. If not, that will be a major factor on draft day.

Comment

• Falcons | Rosburg hired as ST coach
                    Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:00:52 -0800

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have hired Jerry Rosburg as their new special teams coach. Rosburg spent the last six seasons in the same role with the Cleveland Browns.
                    Football Outsiders' Special Teams Rank:

Cleveland

10th
                    8th
                    12th
                    20th
                    11th
                    18th

Looks pretty good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                      I want to hear if we are resigning Kerney. If not, that will be a major factor on draft day.
                      I think we have a few things that are going to make our draft day calendar clear up for us.

1.) What happens to Schaub
                      2.) What happens with Kerney (I hope he's gone)
                      3.) What the coaching staff thinks of Hartwell's inability to function in our defense.

Comment

• As for 3, we have plenty of linebackers.

Comment

• you hear the trade offer::

Oakland gets:
                          Michael Vick
                          1st round pick

Atlanta Gets:
                          Randy Moss
                          Jerry Porter
                          1st round pick

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• I think Ben Maller turned the salary cap off in his Madden trade. :roll: That trade makes no sense from a fiscal standpoint.

Comment

• Looking at last year's draft, it makes me sick. We could have had an AMAZING draft, of players I had targeted.

1.) go back in time then...watch this.

1.) John Abraham (I know he got hurt, but he'll be fine)
                              2.) Jimmy Williams
                              3.) Jerious Norwood
                              4.) Pat Watkins (don't trade for Crocker, Watkins had only 38 tackles this season, but 2 FF and 3 INT, and didn't get to play every game.)
                              5.) Mark Anderson
                              6.) who cares
                              7.) Marques Colston

These are all players I had targeted throughout the draft...wow.

Comment

• That's the worst trade I've seen in a while, not even including the $$$.

Two WR, probaly worth a 3rd and a 4th and move up 9 spots

for

a franchise qb

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information