No announcement yet.

Don Banks on Atlanta's Draft Board;

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see us stay put at 8 and not trade away any of the picks we have. Either Landry or Peterson will probably be there, and I would be happy with either of them. We would have to give up too many potentially impact players in order to get Calvin Johnson. If Adrian Peterson is still there at #8, then we could also trade it away to a team that needs a RB - like Houston or Buffalo. With the #10 or #12 pick, we could get Patrick Willis

Comment

Willis of deff. a top 10 player to me, btu I think we have more pressing needs than to get a LB in the 1st round. Maybe on late day 1 or day 2

Comment

I think I have finally settled on my personal preference; I want to trade up for Joe Thomas. It would not cost that much, in contrast to trading up for Calvin Johnson. Atlanta would guarantee an elite player, at the biggest position of need, in my estimation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          I think I have finally settled on my personal preference; I want to trade up for Joe Thomas. It would not cost that much, in contrast to trading up for Calvin Johnson. Atlanta would guarantee an elite player, at the biggest position of need, in my estimation.

I would love that if we picked up Aundrae Allsion. I still think WR is a solid need for us, and Allison's a G

Comment

Just thought I'd post something for those of you that still want Landry.

Mike Morris, a former long snapper with a lot of inside connections to the Vikings, did his mock draft this morning. He has correctly predicted who the Vikings will select for 9 straight years. This year he says that the inside info is that Laron Landry is 3rd on their board behind Adams and Calvin Johnson. Even over A.P.

Could be a smokescreen for once, but just posting what I hear.

Comment

Thanks second, but I hope that's wrong if we stick at the #8 slot

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I would be happy with that IF it is true that Arizona passes on him, so that we can get him either at #5 or at #6. That should only cost a 3rd and 4th (ish). I wouldn't want to pay any more than that.
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I hope that the Vikings dont take Landry, but that increases our chances of getting Adrian Peterson if Landry is ahead of him on their board. I would be happy if we got Peterson, even if RB isnt our biggest need. I've been watching Peterson since his freshman year, and I've never seen a college back fight for extra yards and run like he does. He has everything it takes to be an all-time great running back. I'd love to see him as a Falcon.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information