No announcement yet.

2008's Top Prospects (Lets get started)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008's Top Prospects (Lets get started)

SI's Top 25:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

So for top 5 needs, I have something like this:

1. LT
    2. DT
    3. SS
    4. RG
    5. RB

Prospects I would love to have:

1. Jared Gaither. Because he is raw and unpolished, I could see him slipping to our pick, but because of his potential he could easily go top5. He is what, 6'9" and 350 lbs and runs a 4.9? He hasnt allowed a single sack in his Maryland career... He fits well with Petrino's scheme, but could be too tall for Vick.

2. Kenny Phillips. I want an elite safety so badly. Safeties are changing defenses and its just not a scrub position anymore. Jimmy Williams can definetly fill that mold, but what about Lawyer Milloy? He has a year or two left in his tank and we need to find a replacement. Kenny Phillips seems to be coming in from a line of great Miami safeties. Though I think he is over-exaggerating, one of his coaches has said something along the lines of Phillips having the football IQ of Reed, and the athleticism of Sean Taylor. He is a 6' 200 lb ballhawk who would fit well as a FS. Jimmy Williams could move to SS if necessary.

3. Sam Baker. LT is a massive need, and this guy seems perfect. Extremely good pass protecting who did alot of pass protecting for some great college QBs (Palmer (i think), Leinart, John David Booty). Very polished.

Wildcard: If Vick gets in deep doo doo, I see the Falcons unloading him. He has already had off field issues in the past, and with this, it could push the FO over the top. And if the story about the dog fighting is true, then quite frankly I wouldnt care. If Vick IS gone, QB is our immediate need. Seeing the Petrino connection, I can see us getting Brohm, and I would love it. Though he doesnt have the arm strength of the past elite QBs, his accuracy and decision making ability is EXCELLENT. The fact that he already knows Petrino's system makes the transition to the NFL alot easier. He could easily come in and contribute to our offense.

Pictures make things so much better...
    Last edited by Shiver; 05-07-2007, 08:09 PM.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Even if Vick doesn't get into any more trouble. If he just doesn't improve, I still think Brohm would be in play. Petrino has set lofty goals for Michael Vick, that will be hard to reach. Obviously it is hard to predict who we will take because I think this team's range is between 5-11 and 10-6. That's pretty vague.

Fortunately, next year's draft class is stacked. It seems as if the draft goes through a natural ebb and flow.
    • 2004 - Great
    • 2005 - Bad
    • 2006 - Great
    • 2007 - Mediocre
    The team has a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks. Not to mention, likely another 3rd round pick for Patrick Kerney via compensation. That's a lot of ammo to either continue to stock up on talent. Either that, or ammo to trade up for whomever the team desires.
    Last edited by Shiver; 05-07-2007, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Even if Vick doesn't get into any more trouble. If he just doesn't improve, I still think Brohm would be in play. Petrino has set lofty goals for Michael Vick, that will be hard to reach. Obviously it is hard to predict who we will take because I think this team's range is between 5-11 and 10-6. That's pretty vague.

Fortunately, next year's draft class is stacked. The team has a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks. That's a lot of ammo to either continue to stock up on talent. Either that, or ammo to trade up for one of the elite players.
      Is the 2nd 3rd rounder you are talking about the one we will get for Kerney?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

You caught me, I just made an edit.

Comment

All I know is I am going to pay more attention to the college ranks this year. I'm well versed in regards to the NFL, and how collegiate prospects translate. But my depth of knowledge was lacking last year.

Comment

I CAUGHT A MISTAKE OF SHIVER'S. REP POINTS REP POINTS REP POINTS!!!

Same. I am okay with the top 3 rounds of draft prospects but after that I know like nothing. I figure I might as well get a head start on learning about the prospects.
            Last edited by d34ng3l021; 05-07-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

i want kenny phillips so bad. he will be a stud

Comment

yeah holy crap.

Houston
                J-Will
                Phillips
                Hall

*drool*

Comment

Myron Rolle I'm calling it now, and I know he's only going to be a true Soph, but whenever he declares I want him in ATL.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                    Myron Rolle I'm calling it now, and I know he's only going to be a true Soph, but whenever he declares I want him in ATL.
                    **** man. When Rolle goes out, its me and you convincing every godamn Atlanta fan to trade up for him. And if we pass on him on the draft, we shoot ourselves.

Agreed?

Comment

I'm with ya on that...

Comment

I personally want any of the elite Left Tackles. Create a massive left side, with Blalock, and whichever among Long, Baker, Gaither.

Comment

Gaither Phillips and Adibi are my favourite 08 prospects, 2 of the 3 would be great 1st round picks for us
                          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

All 3 would be. Adibi is a FREAK OLB and will dominate in the NFL imo.

Comment

I gotta stop liking safety prospects. I started to like Huff during the combine, he raises his stock, goes before us.

I started to love Landry, he raises his stock, goes before us.

Watch the same thing happen with Phillips and then Rolle. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information