Atlanta Hawks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
    What do you guys think our chances of drafting that big 7ft Asian guy is? Will that be a direction we look?
    pretty damn good... but idk if I would want him. we would have to use #3 on him. Conley hopefully will be #3. then we would get a guy at 11 like Noah (I could see him slipping)... I know you guys don't like Noah but I do...

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

i dont like noah. i would love to see al thornton in a hawks jersey. i'm thinking the seven footer is overrated. he lacks toughness like yao early on in his nba career.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
        i dont like noah. i would love to see al thornton in a hawks jersey. i'm thinking the seven footer is overrated. he lacks toughness like yao early on in his nba career.
        Not sure with the Thornton obsession and yes he is a good player and should go late lottery to late teens but he is another raw 3/4 player, we already have Jsmoove and Marvin so I have no reason why we would want another one. We need 2 things, a Center and a Point guard.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
          Yi's years ahead of Yao in terms of toughness when Yao came. Yi's a better prospect than Yao due to his athletisicm, shooting ability, toughness, and strength.

If the rumored deals are true that we give up Josh, then Al Thornton at 11 wouldn't be a bad choice. These two are almost identical players, except Josh is a little better fitted for the 4.

Comment

i see thornton as a NBA PF. man i want him. trading down in the nba draft is very unlikely correct?

Comment

Al Thornton is amazing, his heart is 2nd to none his work ethic is the same, and his ability to play defense is AMAZING. I know he's a small 4 and will end up playing 3, and we already have 3 guys stuck at that possition but man, I'd LOVE to have Al here, I think he has the tools to be a star in the NBA. As far as getting Noah at 11, he will be gone, but if he was there I'd love to have him, but I think he'll end up playing the 3 in the NBA for some reason, but you can't beat Prince, he causes so many matchup problems and is SO good defensively I'd really love to have someone like that. But we need a C and a PG really bad, so I dunno where we'll end up going =/

Comment

What's with all the Noah hate? No one wants another Marcus Camby on their team?

Comment

Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
                  What's with all the Noah hate? No one wants another Marcus Camby on their team?
                  Noah's nowhere near Marcus Camby. More like Anderson Varejao. We don't need a fish that flops a lot on the Hawks.

Comment

Camby... haha... I really don't know what to call him the next. NBADraft.net has him as Tyson Chandler.

Comment

Is it that hard to imagine Noah averaging 11 points and 9 rebounds as a rookie? I live in Atlanta. Couldn't the Hawks use someone like that and who plays hard every game to light a fire under a bunch of underachievers?

Comment

All of you Al Thornton fans should stop dreaming the Hawks didnt even invite the guy to one of the individuals workouts....If the Hawks decide to keep both picks I would pick Al Horford then take the best point guard available with the #11 pick

WHO: Wednesday, June 20
                        10 a.m. Acie Law (G, 6-3, 195, Texas A&M
                        Consensus First Team All-America … 18.1 ppg and 5.0 apg last season
                        Javaris Crittenton (G, 6-5, 198, Georgia Tech)
                        Tied for team lead in scoring (14.4 ppg) … Also averaged 5.8 apg, 3.7 rpg, 2.0 spg
                        Jamon Gordon (G, 6-3, 212, Virginia Tech)
                        Third Team All-ACC last season … Put in 11.4 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.5 rpg
                        1 p.m. Brandan Wright (F, 6-10, 210, North Carolina)
                        ACC Rookie of the Year and All-ACC Second Team … 14.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg (.646 FG%)
                        Friday, June 22
                        10 a.m. Joakim Noah (F/C, 6-11, 232, Florida)
                        12.0 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.8 bpg in ‘06-‘07 … Most Outstanding Player of ‘06 NCAA Final Four
                        Saturday, June 23
                        10 a.m. Rodney Stuckey (G, 6-5, 205, Eastern Washington)
                        Seventh nationally in scoring last season (24.6), after 24.2 ppg as a freshman in ’05-‘06
                        Monday, June 25
                        10 a.m. Al Horford (F/C, 6-10, 245, Florida)
                        Third Team All-America last season (13.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.8 bpg) … First Team All-SEC
                        1 p.m. Mike Conley Jr. (G, 6-1, 180, Ohio State)
                        First Team All-Big Ten by media … 11.3 ppg, 6.1 apg, 2.2 spg (.518 FG%) in 39 starts

Comment

Funny to see Jamon Gordon just thrown in there in the middle of all lottery players, expect them to sign him if he goes undrafted, amazing defender.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Acie Law would be a great pick at #11 if we got Yi Jianlian at 3.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

i would love acie law at 11. or hold connely ransom for portland..

Comment

or just get conley for ourselves. a PG is a huge need.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information