Atlanta Hawks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Hawks

I'm obviously the biggest Hawks fan on the boards but anyone else here like them. They have the 3rd and 11th picks in the upcoming draft if anyone cares. Will be a nice chance to pick up a franchise PG and Big man.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Not really a fan of the Hawks but they are definitely poised to have a solid young nucleus down there with the 3rd and 11th picks in this draft. The question is who do they select at those spots? I mean I feel Conley Jr. is the better point guard out there but is he a reach at 3? But with the 11th pick I would like to see them select an Al Thorton out of Florida State because he could form a nice duo with a Sheldon Williams on the inside for the Hawks.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

If they take Noah 3rd, I will lose all faith in Billy Knight if I already haven't.

Comment

They probably wouldn't pick Conley at 3, possibly 11, but I see them chosing Jeff Green, Yi Jianlian, or Al Horford assuming the big 2 are already taken. The Hawks definently need a PG and a big man.

Comment

Yi Jianlin and Conley ftw, If Conley is gone look for the hometown Javaris Crittenton.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
            They probably wouldn't pick Conley at 3, possibly 11, but I see them chosing Jeff Green, Yi Jianlian, or Al Horford assuming the big 2 are already taken. The Hawks definently need a PG and a big man.
            Jeff Green is my favorite player in the draft but he is another 3/4, same as Josh Smith and Marvin. At 3 I am hoping they take Yi like Charm said and I do want Crittenton at 11. I wouldn't mind Brandan Wright either or Horford mildly. As long as they don't take Noah at #3 or 11 I am fine with their picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              Jeff Green is my favorite player in the draft but he is another 3/4, same as Josh Smith and Marvin. At 3 I am hoping they take Yi like Charm said and I do want Crittenton at 11. I wouldn't mind Brandan Wright either or Horford mildly. As long as they don't take Noah at #3 or 11 I am fine with their picks.
              Yea, I was thinking Crittenton at 11 too, especially since he went to GT. Jeff Green could play PF as he has the skills and height. Yi would be a great pickup, and he could turn around a franchise much like Yao did, except maybe even more so than Yao.

Comment

Yea, I was thinking Crittenton at 11 too, especially since he went to GT. Jeff Green could play PF as he has the skills and height. Yi would be a great pickup, and he could turn around a franchise much like Yao did, except maybe even more so than Yao.
                Yeah but thing is Josh Smith is a rising Allstar at the 4, and Marvin is pretty much locked in at the 3. I love Jeffy no doubt but he would be relegated to a bench role, or Marvin would but after passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul for him, he better do something. Or maybe trade 3 and 11 for #1 and Jarrett Jack, so we could get Jack and Oden instead of say Brandan Wright and Crittenton.

Comment

Yeah but thing is Josh Smith is a rising Allstar at the 4, and Marvin is pretty much locked in at the 3. I love Jeffy no doubt but he would be relegated to a bench role, or Marvin would but after passing on Deron Williams and Chris Paul for him, he better do something. Or maybe trade 3 and 11 for #1 and Jarrett Jack, so we could get Jack and Oden instead of say Brandan Wright and Crittenton.
                  That would be a pretty good trade, and Portland could take it as they already have Aldridge, which is why I don't see them picking up Oden because they're similar players and they could use someone like Jeff Green. I really like Jarrett Jack, and I think he offers about the same as Crittenton, especially since he's been in the league two years already. I don't think they'd give up Jarrett Jack in that deal though, he's ready to have a breakthrough year next year, and it'd probably take someone like Josh Childress or Salim Stoudamire to complete.

Comment

I would LOVE Al Thornton at 11, if he's there. At #3 I think we should get the big Asian, unless we traded up to get Oden somehow...

Comment

what about AC Law?!

Comment

That would be a pretty good trade, and Portland could take it as they already have Aldridge, which is why I don't see them picking up Oden because they're similar players and they could use someone like Jeff Green. I really like Jarrett Jack, and I think he offers about the same as Crittenton, especially since he's been in the league two years already. I don't think they'd give up Jarrett Jack in that deal though, he's ready to have a breakthrough year next year, and it'd probably take someone like Josh Childress or Salim Stoudamire to complete.

wow, this would be a great trade for the Hawks but i just dont ever see Portland giving up the chance to get Oden.. He would be an amazing fi there

C- Oden
                        PF- Randolph
                        SF- Roy
                        SG- Webster
                        PG- Jack

thats a great lineup

Comment

Originally posted by Ciao Bella View Post
                          wow, this would be a great trade for the Hawks but i just dont ever see Portland giving up the chance to get Oden.. He would be an amazing fi there

C- Oden
                          PF- Randolph
                          SF- Roy
                          SG- Webster
                          PG- Jack

thats a great lineup
                          So wat happens to Aldridge?

Comment

If they take Noah 3rd, I will lose all faith in Billy Knight if I already haven't.

Wow, you still have faith in billy knight? I lost that years ago

Comment

So wat happens to Aldridge?
                              He wont start ahead or Zach Randolph.. but i could see him starting instead of Oden for a while untill Oden gets used to the NBA. But Oden would be a defense force in the paint so i see him starting from day 1

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information