Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGahee article

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo....aspx?id=12732

it sounds like the players like him, and the offense likes what he brings to the table. Plus he has impressed Ray Lewis and that is always good.

Good for McGahee but until he produces on the field the jury is still out on him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
        I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.
        Not with a QB who can't throw downfield.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

if u watch his interviews from Buffalo, hes a funny guy, its easy to see why all the players like him

all the teammates said he worked hard in practice...

BUT u can tell he did not try in Certain games.... exp when he couldnt even get 20 yards against u guys
          but when he did try he was unstoppable (any jets game)

tbh hes going to be playing on a worse o-line now than buffalo has now,

Comment

From what I heard against Buffalo he always tried to break runs outside, and it sounds like we will send him outside a lot w/ dump passes(which McNair loves) and tosses,with our athletic o-lineman that will help him out a ton.

Comment

the problem was....he isnt tough enough to run between the tackles....
              and everytime we ran him to the outside he would get rundown....

also almost every run, he danced WAY too much, he never hits the hole hard, he sits and waits for a crease.........nor does he use that nasty stiff-arm anymore :(

everytime in a game that wasnt the jets i would get excited over a 10yard run b/c that was kinda rare...

we tried to throw him some passes but he doesnt have too good of hands, and Losman overthrew him a bit

but im kinda happy, Lynch fits our scheme better, and McGahee seems to fit your scheme, and fits in well with the rest of those Miami players lol

Comment

hmm well Ozzie and the coaches saw something in him and they have done enough good for me to trust them on this one.

Comment

lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol

Comment

Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                      lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol
                      Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................

Comment

yeah from reading our camp reports...Edwards has been extremely good...
                        and wat happens if he ends up being the next schaub..it will be all b/c of Balt...

also mcgahee didnt play injured most the year...he missed 2-3 games....
                        and also puked on th sidelines after his 56yd TD vs the jets.

to me hes an average HB

he was not asked to be the entire offense....
                        the offense did SOO much better when we started to pass the ball than when we ran the ball....

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                          Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................
                          no we have losman we'll be fine.... sarcastic eyeroll.... but i think willis is gonna absolutly explode for you guys this year... im kinda scared

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

last time i saw Losman did pretty good last year 3,000yds 19tds 14ints 65%completion percentage, while being sacked 53 times

i dont think McGahee will explode next year for the fact, the Balt doesnt have that good of and offensive line....

if Mcgahee was still on Buffalo, i could see him exploding with our upgraded offensive line

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                              Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.
                              In the games McGahee missed last year (vs. GB, @Indy, @HOU), Losman went 2-1 with the only loss coming by one point on the road against undefeated eventual SB champs Indianapolis. These 3 games he was 42-65 with 4 TD to 1 INT. He went over the top better than ever in these games even without the eight guys up front. He led a great last minute game winning TD drive against Houston also in obvious passing situations. I'm not as worried about Losman with McGahee gone as others seem to be. He did get sacked 11 times in these 3 games though, but let it be known that these were also the first three ever starts for Terrance Pennington and first starts for Duke Preston that season also.

Nothing against McGahee on that. He should definitely have a better year and probably will perform better as a runner. As long as he actually reads your playbook I'm sure you'll enjoy having gotten him, and there's really no way for me and most others to regret sending him off because he was not going to be what he can be here (that is on him, though, and not his situation. He did not care to be here one bit) and we pretty much hated him by that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information