Battle for starting G spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    I wouldnt have minded Chris Houston because it sounds like our 1st round pick is gonna be 3rd string at seasons start and Houston probably at least would have been nickel back. Possibly Billick is just trying to push Grubbs to work his ass off.
    First of all, a first round pick shouldn't need the head coach to push him to work his ass off and secondly, Corey Ivy pretty much is locked into that nickel spot and rightfully so based on his play last year. Although I would like to see Pittman give him a run for his money in training camp.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

true about 1st round picks, either way Houston would get more playing time then Grubbs, I think Grubbs will be a good player in the long run, either him or Houston wouldnt have been a bad pick up

Comment

Have you guys hit the G Spot yet???

Comment

still wish we had traded down.

on another note, does anyone think that Yanda can start at RT down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
            Have you guys hit the G Spot yet???
            Actually, in Houston, we call Galveston the G Spot, and I have been there this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post

I think we drafted him for that role not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post

I think so, Terry will be the RT this year and possibly next but as soon as JO retires Terry moves back to LT and I think then Yanda moves in as the RT. Unless we draft a RT in the next draft in a high round but I wouldn't see it happening but then again I thought we were going to nab Houston or Kalil so who knows.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Yeah, he's listed as a guard/tackle. Scott doesn't think he should play T in the pro's, although I think he can pull it off. He's pretty athletic, but needs to get stronger. I think he's got the pass pro skills to stay outside.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    I think so, Terry will be the RT this year and possibly next but as soon as JO retires Terry moves back to LT and I think then Yanda moves in as the RT. Unless we draft a RT in the next draft in a high round but I wouldn't see it happening but then again I thought we were going to nab Houston or Kalil so who knows.
                    If we do intend to keep him at RT, that almost nearly eliminates any chance of getting Jared Gaither. But there still is a possibility if we're looking into the way way future, which he would fit well into.

LT - Terry/Gaither
                    LG - Brown/Yanda/Rimpf
                    C - Chester/Brown
                    RG - Grubbs/Yanda/Rimpf
                    RT - Yanda/Gaither

Down the road, Ogden and Flynn will retire, and Vincent's contract will be up. If we get Gaither, he can develop till then, be the swing tackle and then if we loose one of the guys to FA he can step in. Say we loose Terry, he is replaced. Same with Yanda. If we loose Brown, Yanda takes his spot, Gaither goes to RT. If we loose Chester, Brown goes to C, Yanda to LG and Gaither to RT. I kinda did a complete 180 during this post. Whatever, it'd be sweet to get Gaither.

Comment

that is a beastly young line. What do you all think the chances are that we keep Terry at RT, use Yanda for depth and get a high round LT? I am not saying it should happen but how would everybody feel if that does happen?

Comment

I personally wouldn't like it that much. Terry is a pure LT, and he can really shine there. He was a 2nd rounder, but we gave even more than that up for him(trade with Pats), so for the cost, I think he should stay at LT. We have so much youth on the line, it is time we invest some premier picks on other areas(defensive line, secondary). Plus we spent a 3rd on Yanda, and gave up every non compensatory day 2 pick in the draft to get that pick. He needs to be given the chance to start.

Comment

this topic title makes me giggle.

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I didnt try to put it up like that I was just using abbreviations :) lol

Comment

Terry is the future at LT and will be there after next season and as america said he is much better suited ther no matter where he was drafted or what we gave up, he is a natural LT. Brown has the LG spot locked up, Chesters Future is at C as Ozzie, Billick and DeCosta have countlessly stated, that leaves LG for Grubbs who will take it over with time as Chester will prolly start there this year and while both he and Grubbs mature and learn the offense he will be able to take over the important spot at C while at this time Grubbs should be ready to step in at LG..at RT we have a possibility in Yanda he has all the qualities and is a technician but his arms are short and he may have difficulties with speed rushers and keeping seperation at T,,but the coaching staff will see if they are comfortable with him there in the upcoming years...needless to say we are set for the next decade on the line

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

If Grubbs is going to get any playing time its going to be at RG and not at LG, barring injuries of course.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information