X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens1991
    started a topic Battle for starting G spots

Battle for starting G spots

Here is a article about it http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo....aspx?id=13006

It sounds like starting out the season Brown and Chester will be the guards, I hope one of the can move to C so Grubbs can get some playing time this year.

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
    I have seen that too, but I think thats mostly due to the fact we have started different people at tackle and JO not being in there, gaither is not a pro bowler yet not is Terry but they are learning and gaining experience. We have not performed well running the ball but I think once we get in and really are playing the 1st team series after series we will be a very pleased fan base when Willis rushes for 1200-1400yds this year...
    We haven't run blocked well in the last 2 years, its not like a switch you just throw on. We're becoming a more pass happy team so running the ball is still important hence the cause for concern.

Leave a comment:

• ChefMike
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    I think there is some cause for concern with the lines inability to run block in the preseason.........
    I have seen that too, but I think thats mostly due to the fact we have started different people at tackle and JO not being in there, gaither is not a pro bowler yet not is Terry but they are learning and gaining experience. We have not performed well running the ball but I think once we get in and really are playing the 1st team series after series we will be a very pleased fan base when Willis rushes for 1200-1400yds this year...

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
    I see Yanda being the all purpose back up in multiple spots. I think Gaither and Terry are the future of the OT spots for the Ravens, we would have the biggest RT and LT in the league with that line up and they are both more athletic then they come across Gaither might suit better at LT though being he is slightly more agile then Terry.

Overall though... we have nothing to worry about on the OL for many years to come we have some of the best young depth in the league at that spot and 2 years ago that was the scariest part of the team was not having that OL depth and talent once you moved past the left side with Edwin and JO.
    I think there is some cause for concern with the lines inability to run block in the preseason.........

Leave a comment:

• ChefMike
    replied
    I see Yanda being the all purpose back up in multiple spots. I think Gaither and Terry are the future of the OT spots for the Ravens, we would have the biggest RT and LT in the league with that line up and they are both more athletic then they come across Gaither might suit better at LT though being he is slightly more agile then Terry.

Overall though... we have nothing to worry about on the OL for many years to come we have some of the best young depth in the league at that spot and 2 years ago that was the scariest part of the team was not having that OL depth and talent once you moved past the left side with Edwin and JO.

Leave a comment:

• jkpigskin
    replied
    Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    Hey, i saw that you guys released Keydrick Vincent and from what i've heard it was because he was more of a classic mauler and didn't fit with the more athletic scheme you guys had; i was wondering if that is the case or if that is more of a sugarcoating of he just sucks.
    he had 1 real good year and that was his contract year so he got a big contract

Leave a comment:

• dcarey20
    replied
    Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    Hey, i saw that you guys released Keydrick Vincent and from what i've heard it was because he was more of a classic mauler and didn't fit with the more athletic scheme you guys had; i was wondering if that is the case or if that is more of a sugarcoating of he just sucks.
    He just sucks.

Leave a comment:

• BroadwayJoe10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikedoobie
    replied
    ya this is the last year of vincents contract.

Obviously the guy who wrote that isnt the biggest of gaither fans but i agree that if someone takes that first day pick it is a huge risk as his work ethic and technique make his potential seem somewhat unreachable..but id still want us to get him.

and yes i meant RG not LG

Leave a comment:

• EdReedUnstoppable
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    yea I think mikedoobie had a typo there. I think it sounds like he starts on second or 3rd string and when Chester is comfortable enough to play C Grubbs will play RG.

Does anybody know how much longer Vincent is under contract?
    I thought he signed a 3 year deal which would mean this is his last year.

Leave a comment:

• cunningham06
    replied
    Very key position, you need some great players to work the G Spot.

Leave a comment:

• America
    replied
    I thought Vincent was locked up for 4 or 5 years but I'm not really sure.

Here's an article on Gaither, http://www.bigblueview.com/story/2007/7/3/235526/9489. It doesn't support him at all.

Leave a comment:

• Ravens1991
    replied
    yea I think mikedoobie had a typo there. I think it sounds like he starts on second or 3rd string and when Chester is comfortable enough to play C Grubbs will play RG.

Does anybody know how much longer Vincent is under contract?

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    If Grubbs is going to get any playing time its going to be at RG and not at LG, barring injuries of course.

Leave a comment:

• mikedoobie
    replied
    Terry is the future at LT and will be there after next season and as america said he is much better suited ther no matter where he was drafted or what we gave up, he is a natural LT. Brown has the LG spot locked up, Chesters Future is at C as Ozzie, Billick and DeCosta have countlessly stated, that leaves LG for Grubbs who will take it over with time as Chester will prolly start there this year and while both he and Grubbs mature and learn the offense he will be able to take over the important spot at C while at this time Grubbs should be ready to step in at LG..at RT we have a possibility in Yanda he has all the qualities and is a technician but his arms are short and he may have difficulties with speed rushers and keeping seperation at T,,but the coaching staff will see if they are comfortable with him there in the upcoming years...needless to say we are set for the next decade on the line

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information