**The Official Pre-Season Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **The Official Pre-Season Thread**

This is the official place to squawk about pre season and pre season related topics...

Lets hope the Offense steps up and shows us something! Willis needs to be runnin hard, and Steve needs to show at least a willingness to go downfield, just try thats all Im asking.......just try!
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

hey guys
      long time no talk

man, im excited for this season... some crazy stuff the past month or so... signing our draft picks, getting jared gaither... the cherry on top would be signing tsuggs....

Go Ravens!

Comment

I just want max effort from the players and coaches, you don't have to wow me in the pre-season but come Week 1 I want the post season commentary to be announcers shocked at the Ravens' and their domination.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

i want big clarence to get atleast 1 td in preseason.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
            i want big clarence to get atleast 1 td in preseason.

I predict a Kyle to Clarence TD in the 2nd quarter of monday night's game against the Eagles.

And btw I hate to ***** and wine about something in the preseason but did anyone notice that they chose to put the Broncos @ 49ers on national tv instead of us. Little disrespect to 2 division winners for 2 teams that didnt even make the playoffs.
            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              I predict a Kyle to Clarence TD in the 2nd quarter of monday night's game against the Eagles.

And btw I hate to ***** and wine about something in the preseason but did anyone notice that they chose to put the Broncos @ 49ers on national tv instead of us. Little disrespect to 2 division winners for 2 teams that didnt even make the playoffs.
              That was kind of lame. I won't be able to watch the game now. Thank goodness they have NFL gametracker on nfl.com.

I'm interested to see what Prescott Burgess can do. He's got potential to be our top backup at MLB and eventually even start. And I'm also interested to see the three young corners from last year compete.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                That was kind of lame. I won't be able to watch the game now. Thank goodness they have NFL gametracker on nfl.com.

I'm interested to see what Prescott Burgess can do. He's got potential to be our top backup at MLB and eventually even start. And I'm also interested to see the three young corners from last year compete.
                I wouldn't expect to much from David Pittman, because word out of camp is that he's not impressing.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

It really dissapoints me to hear about David Pittman sucking a fat one, I was really high on him last year and was thrilled we drafted him. I think Ronnie Prude is the best out of the young guys. My personal favorite is Derrick Martin, he has the raw skills to be amazing, just needs to develop the mental side of the game. We should call him the Kyle Boller of CB's! ok that was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    It really dissapoints me to hear about David Pittman sucking a fat one, I was really high on him last year and was thrilled we drafted him. I think Ronnie Prude is the best out of the young guys. My personal favorite is Derrick Martin, he has the raw skills to be amazing, just needs to develop the mental side of the game. We should call him the Kyle Boller of CB's! ok that was cheap.
                    Very Cheap!

Anyway, yeah Pittman is a head scratcher to me, maybe this level is too much for him? Obviously Prude made the best strides to come up from an UDFA to actually playing, but I as well like Martin. He plays good special teams and I could see him getting some dime action this year. He's from Wyoming, whats not to like?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Since none of them can throw we can call them all the Steve McNair's of defense!
                      HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                        Since none of them can throw we can call them all the Steve McNair's of defense!
                        That was cheaper than my intially cheap joke!

Comment

That was cheaper than my intially cheap joke!

I only made it because you started it.
                          HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

They were both equally cheap.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Top 5 Players to Watch:

Quarterback Troy Smith - He should see a good deal of time after McNair and Boller. He started off a bit slow, but he's stepped it up the past few practices and has the 3rd quarterback spot on lockdown. I hope he can make some nice throws and maybe we even get to see some of his running ability.

Cornerback Derrick Martin - I've already said that he's one of my favorite 'young' guys on the team. He's got ridiculous potential and has been impressive in camp. I think he's the best out of the group of Pittman, Oglesby, and Prude, with Prude a close 2nd. I'm excited about him and Prude, and to be honest, it wouldn't shock me to see those two starting for us down the road. For a UDFA and 6th rounder, that would be great.

Running back P.J. Daniels - Unlike some others, I was a fan of the P.J. Daniels pick back in 2006. The front office said that he reminded them a bit of Chester Taylor, and they still seem to like him. He didn't get to see the field in the 2006 regular season, so I'm hoping he gets alot of reps during this pre-season. With Musa on a 1 year deal and Mike Anderson being 34 years old, Daniels could have a future as Willis' backup or a 3rd down back in the near future.

Linebacker Prescott Burgess - Burgess has really turned heads in camp. It started with a big hit on Willis and he's just continued to impress since then. He has done everything to make me think that he should have a spot on the 53 man roster, and could be one of the stars in this first pre-season game.

Linebacker/Defensive End Antwan Barnes - Another guy who was turning heads, as he saw alot of time with the first team defense when he was healthy. He got amazing athleticism and his tweaked ankle should be better by the time of the scrimmage.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information