Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared Gaither...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jared Gaither...

    I just saw that he is starting for you guys... How has he been this season?

    Boy, do I wish that we (the Bears) had brought him in...

    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!


  • #2
    This was the first game he has played, Adam Terry was injured early on.

    Comment


    • #3
      how did he look? I saw a little of the game, and he looked pretty good to me.

      ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

      Comment


      • #4
        Well I am a huge Gaither fan and I believe he should be starting instead of Yanda. But today he was pretty good, had a couple penalties I believe but thats expected, other than that nothing i can really complain about. Love the kid and love his potential. BTW on a side note Ben Grubbs is a beast.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gaither other than his false starts was awesome I thought, in fact if you look when he came in we really started to move the ball better. And yes Grubbs is an animal, we got a glimpse at the OL of the future today and I thought they did very well together.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

          Xbox Live - Kevown8999

          Comment


          • #6
            Gaither is still a work in progress, but is way ahead of the curve considering we brought him in via the Supplemental Draft. Its beyond comprehension to think that we actually got 3/5's of our future Offensive Line in th 07 Draft, Ben Grubbs 1st round pick, Marshall Yanda 3rd round pick, and "The Manchild" Jared Gaither in the 5th round of the Supplemental Draft. Talk about once again hitting a homerun in terms of scouting and the front office.

            Magical sig by OSUGiants

            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


            Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

            Comment


            • #7
              Gaither is SOOO underrated. He not only looked good on the field he carries himself well in front of the postgame interviews. He was polite and articulate. He is going to be a GREAT replacement for JO eventually. Yanda and Terry need to learn how to play RT. Grubbs Brown and Chester in the middle... WOW scary is the only thing you say...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Well I am a huge Gaither fan and I believe he should be starting instead of Yanda. But today he was pretty good, had a couple penalties I believe but thats expected, other than that nothing i can really complain about. Love the kid and love his potential. BTW on a side note Ben Grubbs is a beast.
                I don't see why you would want Gaither playing instead of Yanda. Yanda has been arguably the best player on the O-line so far this season. As for Gaither, he looked good in the limited time he got to play. In a year or two Gaither is going to be up there as one of the best in the league IMO.

                The future is now:
                Gaither-LT, Brown-LG, Chester-C, Grubbs-RG, Yanda-RT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                  I don't see why you would want Gaither playing instead of Yanda. Yanda has been arguably the best player on the O-line so far this season. As for Gaither, he looked good in the limited time he got to play. In a year or two Gaither is going to be up there as one of the best in the league IMO.

                  The future is now:
                  Gaither-LT, Brown-LG, Chester-C, Grubbs-RG, Yanda-RT
                  What games are you watching? Yanda has been ok at best but nowhere near the best OL this year. Jason Brown has been far and away the best and Ben Grubbs has been a close second. Yanda has played ok for a 3rd pick rookie who should be a G, but Gaither at LT and Terry at RT is how it should be.
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                  Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                    I don't see why you would want Gaither playing instead of Yanda. Yanda has been arguably the best player on the O-line so far this season. As for Gaither, he looked good in the limited time he got to play. In a year or two Gaither is going to be up there as one of the best in the league IMO.

                    The future is now:
                    Gaither-LT, Brown-LG, Chester-C, Grubbs-RG, Yanda-RT
                    Adam Terry says Hi.

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What games are you watching? Yanda has been ok at best but nowhere near the best OL this year. Jason Brown has been far and away the best and Ben Grubbs has been a close second. Yanda has played ok for a 3rd pick rookie who should be a G, but Gaither at LT and Terry at RT is how it should be.
                      For a 3rd round pick Yanda has been great at RT. I don't know what games you've been watching. He's had 2 penalties the entire season and they were when he was forced into action in week 1. He constantly gets to the 2nd level on running plays, and has been very good in pass protection. I don't understand the negative talk that Yanda is getting on this site. And you're talking about putting Terry at RT. Did you not see how overmatched he was in week 1 at RT? Terry is strictly a LT. Also I'd like to hear why you think Yanda is a guard? I have a feeling that you're strictly looking at his measureables.

                      Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Adam Terry says Hi.
                      Is he saying that from the bench? I know you wouldn't put him at LT over Gaither. And you've seen that Terry is overmatched at RT. Your 2 tackles of the future are Gaither and Yanda. There's a reason why the Ravens traded multiple picks for Yanda.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                        For a 3rd round pick Yanda has been great at RT. I don't know what games you've been watching. He's had 2 penalties the entire season and they were when he was forced into action in week 1. He constantly gets to the 2nd level on running plays, and has been very good in pass protection. I don't understand the negative talk that Yanda is getting on this site. And you're talking about putting Terry at RT. Did you not see how overmatched he was in week 1 at RT? Terry is strictly a LT. Also I'd like to hear why you think Yanda is a guard? I have a feeling that you're strictly looking at his measureables.
                        He has not been very good in pass protection because all the DE has to do is go outside then cut up and in and Yanda is lost. This is also why he needs to be a G, he has good feet in the sense that he could be very good pulling, but his back pedal at RT has been suspect. He is not agile enough to be a OT.
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                        Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                          For a 3rd round pick Yanda has been great at RT. I don't know what games you've been watching. He's had 2 penalties the entire season and they were when he was forced into action in week 1. He constantly gets to the 2nd level on running plays, and has been very good in pass protection. I don't understand the negative talk that Yanda is getting on this site. And you're talking about putting Terry at RT. Did you not see how overmatched he was in week 1 at RT? Terry is strictly a LT. Also I'd like to hear why you think Yanda is a guard? I have a feeling that you're strictly looking at his measureables.



                          Is he saying that from the bench? I know you wouldn't put him at LT over Gaither. And you've seen that Terry is overmatched at RT. Your 2 tackles of the future are Gaither and Yanda. There's a reason why the Ravens traded multiple picks for Yanda.
                          Yeah there was a reason, that reason being Jared Gaither hadn't been declared ineligible yet. Id almost garuntee that if we knew we were getting Gaither Yanda wouldnt be on our team. I like the pick in terms of depth, Yanda can be the utility guy on the line plugging in at T or G whichever is necessary depending on injury. But I think Gaither and Terry are the future T's regardless of who plays on which side.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                            Yeah there was a reason, that reason being Jared Gaither hadn't been declared ineligible yet. Id almost garuntee that if we knew we were getting Gaither Yanda wouldnt be on our team. I like the pick in terms of depth, Yanda can be the utility guy on the line plugging in at T or G whichever is necessary depending on injury. But I think Gaither and Terry are the future T's regardless of who plays on which side.
                            I'd say Yanda would still be here even if they knew they were getting Gaither. We traded a bunch of picks to get Yanda because the FO knew that A) all those players wouldn't make the team and B) Yanda was the guy they wanted and there was no guarantee he would fall to them so its a no brainer to trade some excess picks to land your guy. Has Yanda been good/great considering he's a rookie forced into playing time, yes. Has he cemented the job and made Adam Terry an afterthought, OH HELL NO! Yanda's purpose on this team is depth at Tackle and Guard, he's doing a bang up job so far but isn't changing any long term plans for the offensive line.

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information