Cato June?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cato June?

I see alot of articles that say if we dont resign AD (which we wont) That we would go after Cato June. How would this be possible, if we cant afford AD how would we afford June? Anyone know what hes asking for? I think its highly unlikely but I just wanted to see what everyone thought of the idea.

I think he is a pretty good linebacker but he's probably going to cost more then we are able to afford. I think I heard that he was looking for about 5-6 million per year over 5 years, I'm not sure where I heard that or if its at all reliable so take it with a grain of salt.
    He's a cover linebacker in the tampa 2 scheme though and I would prefer someone who has shown the ability to get to the quarterback once and awhile.

Comment

I'd be surprised if June got those figures. Will Witherspoon landed 6 years/33 mil/9 mil sb from the St. Louis Rams last year, but Witherspoon is the better linebacker and offered versatility between WLB and MLB - the Rams ultimately played him at the latter.

June might actually work with the Ravens, having those two behemoths in Gregg and Ngata up front occupying blockers so that he can use his speed. Maybe Sugar Ray and the Ravens coaching staff will have better luck in teaching June how to tackle than the Colts did in 4 years.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

June might demand a contract near AD's so if we could keep him obviously that would be ideal but I like June's versatility but not his run stopping.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Ehh I am not so sure about the move, the run stopping thing is the main question, I would prefer us shelling out money for maybe Steinbach instead of June.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            Ehh I am not so sure about the move, the run stopping thing is the main question, I would prefer us shelling out money for maybe Steinbach instead of June.
            I dont think we can afford Steinbach, hes gonna get Steve Hutchinson money and if we cant afford Thomas we cant afford that.

I wouldnt mind getting June, sure hes not huge but hes super athletic which seems to be a common thing for a ravens defensive player.

Comment

No way Steinbech gets Hutchison money. I realize the market is going to hyper-inflate peoples numbers, but not to the tune of 7 years 50 million.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                No way Steinbech gets Hutchison money. I realize the market is going to hyper-inflate peoples numbers, but not to the tune of 7 years 50 million.
                Well even if he doesnt make HUch money he will still be making more than we can afford.

Comment

Im a big time supporter of the bring Cato "summertime" June to Baltimore, btw I just gave him that nickname god just admire my genious! :)

He is athletic plays hard, he's got speed and speed kills my friends!
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                    Im a big time supporter of the bring Cato "summertime" June to Baltimore, btw I just gave him that nickname god just admire my genious! :)

He is athletic plays hard, he's got speed and speed kills my friends!
                    Losing Adalius Thomas means we lose our fastest LB so why not replace him with another crazy athletic player.

Comment

has he had blitzing expierence any time in his career?

Comment

If we got him wed be switching back to the primary 4-3 because hes too small to play OLB ina 3-4. So pass rushing wouldnt be a huge concern. He gets by on his athleticism and speed. He reminds me almost like Thomas Davis of Carolina. Hes basically a Rover.

Comment

correct, I wonder if Ryan will want to keep his 3-4/4-3hybrid so who knows.

Comment

correct, I wonder if Ryan will want to keep his 3-4/4-3hybrid so who knows.
                            Well we could still keep it. I mean we were never a primarily 3-4 team we switch throughout the game. So we could still use 3-4 looks with Jarrett Johnson taking Adalius' place. But we could use 4-3 as our main look if we got June.

Comment

I can't say for his college career but in the NFL he has rarely been sent on blitzes. He's primarily a cover linebacker in the Colts scheme. In his 4 years in the NFL he has 1 sack.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information