This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    We have Antwan Barnes to take Suggs's spot should he decide to leave us. I say we either go CB or Andre Woodson with our first pick.
    I know everyone wants a corner and at this point I can't blame em, but I've said for a bit now that I love Derrick Martin and I think if he gets his shot he could shine. I know the odds are probably against him but I just want him to get a shot to possibly become a starter. Andre Woodson would be a godsend, but as bad as we may look right now, I don't think we'll be that bad. I think Woodson and Brohm will fight it out to be the first quarterback taken, but both will end up top 10. I would love Matt Ryan in the first round, as of now I think we'll find ourselves in the 15-20 range, and that could be where his stock lies. 2nd round I'd like to see us go for a receiver, a guy with size and physicality who can give us some stability as a 4th receiver, because I'm not sure about Yamon and Darling will be gone. If Limas Sweed somehow slips with his season ending injury that would be amazing.

Comment

• yea I think we need a physical WR like Anquan Boldin or Dwayne Bowe, and hopefully Ozzie works his magic and they become as good as either one of them.

Comment

• Is RB a concern for yall given McGahee's injury history?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• not at all, McGahee is borderline unstoppable:) and Musa is good, plus we got PJ Daniels and Mike Anderson.

Comment

• I think RB is a big concern for us. Not worried about Willis but we need a backup/change of pace back, I was really hoping for Lorenzo Booker cause thats somethin we need badly a smaller burner type of RB. Musa is ok but he is injury prone and is a UFA at the end of the season, mike Anderson is garbage, and PJ Daniels is now an injury concern. RB is a 2nd rd need IMO.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I think RB is a big concern for us. Not worried about Willis but we need a backup/change of pace back, I was really hoping for Lorenzo Booker cause thats somethin we need badly a smaller burner type of RB. Musa is ok but he is injury prone and is a UFA at the end of the season, mike Anderson is garbage, and PJ Daniels is now an injury concern. RB is a 2nd rd need IMO.
              You should draft Anthony Aldridge. Faster than hell

Comment

• Danny Woodhead?
                But yeah the backups are pretty garbage. If Musa could stay healthy that would be fantastic, same w/ PJ and Anderson is like 30 i think

Comment

• Anderson gotta be 33-34 now.

Comment

I think RB is a big concern for us. Not worried about Willis but we need a backup/change of pace back, I was really hoping for Lorenzo Booker cause thats somethin we need badly a smaller burner type of RB. Musa is ok but he is injury prone and is a UFA at the end of the season, mike Anderson is garbage, and PJ Daniels is now an injury concern. RB is a 2nd rd need IMO.
                    I agree, I think running back should be addressed with one of our top 3 picks. A reliable backup is definitely needed. Musa may be gone next year, along with Mike, who I don't think is garbage but is 34. P.J. is just an enigma and I don't see Cory Ross contributing in the RB department. I actually wouldn't mind us going for a back as early as the second round, kinda like the Bengals did with Kenny Irons. He has to be a good value though. It's more likely that we look at a running back second day, somewhere around the 4th round. I like Justin Forsett as a possible suitor. He's a tough runner and I just think he could be one of those guys that is a great NFL reserve back, i.e. Kevin Faulk. Who knows, with all the underclassmen running backs that could enter this draft, we could find ourselves a great steal on day 2. It'll be interesting but I agree, I want us to go after a running back in the draft who can be a stable #2 for a long time.

Comment

• Keon Lattimore anybody?

Comment

• I would flip if we spend a 1st on a RB. We should re-sign Musa. CB,WR,D-line are all higher on my chart then RB

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          I would flip if we spend a 1st on a RB. We should re-sign Musa. CB,WR,D-line are all higher on my chart then RB
                          I would flip as well, there's no way we spend a first on a RB. But a second is possible, especially if there's a guy that's a great value. I think Musa is gone next year, and I'm not too unhappy about it. I like Musa, but it wouldn't pain me one bit to see him go. A reserve running back is extremely important in today's game. Wheter your back is injury prone or not. You need a guy who can come in when ur #1 is tired, and not lose a whole lot. When Musa is in, we lose a lot. McGahee's my favorite player, but he's not invinceable. We saw him go in for an IV at Buffalo. We need a back that can come in and spell him and not lose a whole lot. Since we don't have a 3rd rounder, I want us to take a back in the 4th round or earlier. One of my favorite picks would be Felix Jones in the second, who I feel is very underrated and may be one of the top 3 backs for the draft should he come out.
                          Last edited by dcarey20; 10-26-2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• I meant first day.

I like Lattimore, I wont mind if we give Daniels a try or look in the FA market. I want to see d-line depth, CB or a WR heck maybe a QB on the 1st day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              I meant first day.

I like Lattimore, I wont mind if we give Daniels a try or look in the FA market. I want to see d-line depth, CB or a WR heck maybe a QB on the 1st day.
                              This is how I feel our top 5 needs go:

1. Defensive Line: Pryce is a force but he's not getting any younger and the depth is very questionable.

2. Wide Receiver: We need a guy who can come in and give us some stability as a 4th receiver. A physical player to complement guys like Clayton and Mason.

3. Running Back: For the reasons I already stated.

4. Quarterback: I honestly don't know how this will work out, Boller could have a future with us, all I know is if one of the big 3 (Brohm, Woodson, Ryan) falls to us in the first, they will be extremely hard to pass on.

5. Cornerback: As I've said a hundred times, I really hope we don't go corner early, because I think Derrick Martin's gonna be a stud if he gets a shot. But you can't deny corner is a bit of a concern.

Comment

• I like that list, but I have CB a little higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information