Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens Off Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    I would flip if we spend a 1st on a RB. We should re-sign Musa. CB,WR,D-line are all higher on my chart then RB

    Why?

    He occasionally makes a play, but he is always an injury concern, and is a carbon copy of McGahee, we need a change of pace/burner back not 2 exact copies of each other.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

    Xbox Live - Kevown8999

    Comment


    • Yeah I'm not sure why we would re-sign Musa. I like the guy, but he's just shown me nothing this year. As ERU said, we need a change of pace guy. A TRUE 3rd down back. It's obvious that Brian doesn't like using McGahee on third downs and Musa is not the guy for that.

      Comment


      • Musa is a beast, he just had 2 freak injuries I think he can be a solid starter and is a good 3rd down back for us.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          Musa is a beast, he just had 2 freak injuries I think he can be a solid starter and is a good 3rd down back for us.
          Agree to disagree.....but Im right :)
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

          Xbox Live - Kevown8999

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            Musa is a beast, he just had 2 freak injuries I think he can be a solid starter and is a good 3rd down back for us.
            Problem is you have a young guy starting in Willis McGahee. There is no point in keeping around a guy who is going to start asking for more money to be a backup. Cut him loose and replace him with younger cheaper talent

            Comment


            • Quarterback: I honestly don't know how this will work out, Boller could have a future with us, all I know is if one of the big 3 (Brohm, Woodson, Ryan) falls to us in the first, they will be extremely hard to pass on.
              Add Erik Ainge to that list. He's going to be a very good NFL QB. If either of the 4 are there when we pick, you can't pass any of them up. I think the only one that will be around when we pick is Ainge. I see us picking in the late teens-mid 20's.

              Comment


              • Man I got so much crap for saying the Ravens should take trent Edwards in the 1st round prior to the draft. Neuheisel was in love with the guy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Man I got so much crap for saying the Ravens should take trent Edwards in the 1st round prior to the draft. Neuheisel was in love with the guy
                  I was pulling very hard for us to take Trent Edwards with the picks we used on Yanda and Figurs, glad we got Figurs but Id rather have Edwards then Yanda.
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                  Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Problem is you have a young guy starting in Willis McGahee. There is no point in keeping around a guy who is going to start asking for more money to be a backup. Cut him loose and replace him with younger cheaper talent
                    yeah I think my liking for Musa got in the way of me posting a logical thought, I would love a Lorenzo Booker style back.




                    I wouldnt have minded Trent Edwards he showed some skills I think he can be good. looking back I wish we would have taken him instead of Yanda, it is looking like it was a bad move trading 3 picks for Yanda, but hindsight is 20/20

                    Comment


                    • The Baltimore Marching Ravens were in the Macys Thanksgiving Parade! REPRESENT!

                      Sig by BuckNaked
                      Ravens
                      Baltimore Orioles
                      Maryland Terrapins

                      Comment


                      • I wouldnt have minded Trent Edwards he showed some skills I think he can be good. looking back I wish we would have taken him instead of Yanda, it is looking like it was a bad move trading 3 picks for Yanda, but hindsight is 20/20
                        Yeah Edwards is a guy who I wouldn't have minded in that spot, but to be honest I feel his play and the impact he's had with the Bills has been overrated a bit and I'm not sure if I'd want him as the future guy. Yanda wasn't a bad pick. I think he's been ok, he's a good run blocker, just needs a bit of work on pass blocking. Plus he's pretty valuable. He's like a super sub in a way. It looks like Jared Gaither and Adam Terry should be the future at left and right tackle, but both haven't been lighting it up so Yanda could beat one of them out, and if he doesn't he's the primary backup. Not to mention that he'll be the primary backup at guard so if anyone outside of our center goes down, we know Yanda can step in and we won't miss much. I liked the pick of Yanda in April and I still do.

                        Comment


                        • yea Yanda is still alright, he can be a back up LG,RG,RT, that will be nice depth for the future.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            yea Yanda is still alright, he can be a back up LG,RG,RT, that will be nice depth for the future.
                            Nice comments on Yanda, but its a telling sign of our past couple of drafts. We've been mainly drafting projects and depth picks as opposed to impact players. We have too many holes on this team to take projects on the 1st day in this draft, and hopefully Ozzie and company realize this and make some offseason deals to get more picks and address these holes. If not then the 2008 season maybe more frustrating then this season has been.

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment


                            • yea mine as well just go into a full blown re-building mode, unless some how McNabb gets cut we sign him, but I say we go all out rebuilding.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                Nice comments on Yanda, but its a telling sign of our past couple of drafts. We've been mainly drafting projects and depth picks as opposed to impact players. We have too many holes on this team to take projects on the 1st day in this draft, and hopefully Ozzie and company realize this and make some offseason deals to get more picks and address these holes. If not then the 2008 season maybe more frustrating then this season has been.
                                True we have alot of needs and not enough draft picks to fill them but Im sure Ozzie will realize and make some trades.

                                As for McNabb, Id rather give Kyle Boller the starting job and see what he can do rather than start a aging veteran with not much left in him. I would only like to bring in McNabb if we draft a QB round 1 and bring McNabb in to mentor him.(Ryan or Woodson)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information