Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens Off Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think it's foolish how most Ravens fans think Mark Clayton is a clone to D-mase and that without Dmase now and long term that Clayton will bring exactly what he does. Sure they have similar size but Clayton is not even close to Mason right now. You can make the excuse all you want that Mason is holding him back, but fact of the matter is that he is still a starter for us. Mason gets open and makes tough catches, Clayton doesn't. With Mason out he will even have more coverage rolled toward him so I can't see how it will make a difference. If he can't exploit 1 on 1 coverages on #2 and nickel corners, what makes you all think he will on #1 corners and occasional double teams.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • Look at how Mason played last week injured, Clayton could never do that or would even attempt it...Clayton has done nothing yet, hes a little more visible than last year, but come on....I wasn't even sure he still played for us last year...

      Comment


      • you guys make strong points but Im saying all this about Clayton only because of how he stepped up when Mason went out for the 1st half of the Texans game. I believe if he can keep playing like that when Masons not in the game we will be fine. But he's gatta be consistent, thats what has been killin him all his career.

        Comment


        • has anyone else heard the rumors that Heap,Reed,Rolle,McGahee,Scott all have not really bought into Harbuagh yet? Personally I think its the media trying to stir something up. McGahee has came out and said he has bought into the system and if Reed didnt buy in then he would have went on IR because he has a serious injury.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Legend View Post
            I said this earlier but I'll say it again. I can't understand why we took
            Mark Clayton over Roddy White or Reggie Brown

            But some other interesting players we passed on are

            24 Aaron Rodgers QB California Green Bay Packers
            28 Luis Castillo DE Northwestern San Diego Chargers
            32 Logan Mankins G Fresno State New England Patriots

            Man if we took Nnamdi Asomugha over Kyle Boller but who knew.
            Laveranues Coles was the only player worth it at Wideout.

            Players that would have been nice picks. But we had the best LB core
            13 John Abraham LB South Carolina New York Jets
            16 Julian Peterson LB Michigan State San Francisco 49ers
            30 Keith Bulluck LB Syracuse Tennessee Titans
            i mean... its really easy to say that in hindsight... but seriously.... did you think this back then?

            i really liked both mark clayton and roddy white and i was happy with either... roddy probably would have made more sense cause we picked up dmason,but at the time... you cant blame the ravens...
            wat i liked about roddy was wat i like about clayton... both are talented receivers with good character


            Go Ravens!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              has anyone else heard the rumors that Heap,Reed,Rolle,McGahee,Scott all have not really bought into Harbuagh yet? Personally I think its the media trying to stir something up. McGahee has came out and said he has bought into the system and if Reed didnt buy in then he would have went on IR because he has a serious injury.
              hmm
              interesting list cause all of the players named are having semi-down year statistically...

              honestly, i feel like john harbuagh is a leader who had won over the locker room.... i mean, that list doesnt include ray ray... and ray owns the locker room, so he has the backing of THE man


              Go Ravens!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                hmm
                interesting list cause all of the players named are having semi-down year statistically...

                honestly, i feel like john harbuagh is a leader who had won over the locker room.... i mean, that list doesnt include ray ray... and ray owns the locker room, so he has the backing of THE man
                Yeah, Im not really buying into Reed, Heap, Rolle, or Scott. If they didnt agree with Harbaugh earlier I could understand that but after seeing him lead this team to a 8-4 record I think they would probably change there thoughts on him. I did hear however McAlister and McGahee never liked Harbaugh and didnt show that they were committed to the team and there new philosphy. I can believe McAlister because hes now on IR and even before that, he didnt play in all the games. I do think he might be done as a Raven. In my opinion, I think Harbaughs way of coaching is a great way to approach the game. They focus on nothing but there opponent for the upcoming week. They don't dwell over losses and overjoy on there wins, no matter how close the game was for how much they dominated. They simply put it behind them and move on. I think it has worked great and will continue to do so. I can't see how players wouldnt be happy with it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                  Yeah, Im not really buying into Reed, Heap, Rolle, or Scott. If they didnt agree with Harbaugh earlier I could understand that but after seeing him lead this team to a 8-4 record I think they would probably change there thoughts on him. I did hear however McAlister and McGahee never liked Harbaugh and didnt show that they were committed to the team and there new philosphy. I can believe McAlister because hes now on IR and even before that, he didnt play in all the games. I do think he might be done as a Raven. In my opinion, I think Harbaughs way of coaching is a great way to approach the game. They focus on nothing but there opponent for the upcoming week. They don't dwell over losses and overjoy on there wins, no matter how close the game was for how much they dominated. They simply put it behind them and move on. I think it has worked great and will continue to do so. I can't see how players wouldnt be happy with it.
                  this approach is the reason why, IMO, we've dominated all the weak teams we've played.


                  Go Ravens!

                  Comment


                  • ^ Yeah, Harbaughs a smart guy, this is the NFL, and any given day an NFL team can beat ya. He realizes that and makes it known throughout the whole team. Im sure we will not overlook Washington 1 bit. I love Harbaughs philosiphy. Maybe thats what Ozzie and Steve saw in him that made them sign him as HC.

                    Comment


                    • yes I think Harbuagh is a great HC.

                      Comment


                      • really random
                        but hows the weather in baltimore?
                        havent been home since august

                        going home in 1.5 weeks! woot


                        Go Ravens!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                          really random
                          but hows the weather in baltimore?
                          havent been home since august

                          going home in 1.5 weeks! woot
                          Pretty cold...pretty cold...

                          Comment


                          • Out of no where it got 40 degrees warmer today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold.

                            I just got my senior week house set up, does anybody have any stories/suggestions/comments about SR week. Its a house w/ 10 guys so it will be a miracle if we can get our deposit back.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              Out of no where it got 40 degrees warmer today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold.

                              I just got my senior week house set up, does anybody have any stories/suggestions/comments about SR week. Its a house w/ 10 guys so it will be a miracle if we can get our deposit back.
                              Don't drink and drive!

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • o yea 2 kids in my grade already got DUI. Ones dad was a high up police officer to and his bro is a cop as well. I mean our main transportation will be the bus, that is the great thing about OC the bus system. That bus system wouldnt work at other vacation spots, but the way OC is built is so nice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information