Our Biggest Draft Need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie FTW! The kid was electric in the Senior Bowl.

Although I think there is something to this speculation that Ellis out of USC might be the pick. And lets just end this Suggs leaving nonsense. He made his comments at an Arizona State Basketball, he's an Arizona guy and everyone dreams of playing for their hometown team. With that, he's always said how much he loves Baltimore and wants to stay here. 2 words that finish off this nonsense: Franchise Tag!
    no offence but is he worth like 7.5 mill?

Comment

True, and if Suggs does stay and we DO draft Ellis, where does Ellis go? Does he take over for Ngata and play DT? Or will Ellis play at DE?

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
        True, and if Suggs does stay and we DO draft Ellis, where does Ellis go? Does he take over for Ngata and play DT? Or will Ellis play at DE?
        If we keep Suggs and draft Ellis, I feel we would then run more of a 4-3 and possibly more of the 46 defense, therefore allowing for a line of Ngata, Gregg, Ellis, and Suggs. Plus you could always push Jarrett Johnson back up to the Defensive Line in 46 formations.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
          no offence but is he worth like 7.5 mill?
          Without question, yes he's worth that. He's 25 for God's sake and most likely has his best years in front of him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

A player not really in our range, but I'm a big fan of is Phillip Merling. I think he's an ideal replacement for Trevor Pryce. He's a former prep guy, and had 3 productive years at Clemson, 2 as a starter, where he racked up some big numbers. A high school TE and basketball player, he's a good athlete for being a big man. And then strangely enough, he's 6'5 280 and a Clemson Tiger, just like Pryce, although that doesn't matter that much. He's a stout player, but has the ability to get after the QB, and not only that he's great at holding up blocks and then getting around them to make the tackle behind the line.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              If we keep Suggs and draft Ellis, I feel we would then run more of a 4-3 and possibly more of the 46 defense, therefore allowing for a line of Ngata, Gregg, Ellis, and Suggs. Plus you could always push Jarrett Johnson back up to the Defensive Line in 46 formations.
              but where would each player line up?

DE-Suggs
              DT-Kelly Gregg
              DT- Sedrick Ellis ?
              DE- Haloti Ngata ?

Comment

but where would each player line up?

DE-Suggs
                DT-Kelly Gregg
                DT- Sedrick Ellis ?
                DE- Haloti Ngata ?
                Sure why not, that line could easily disrupt the pocket and cause havoc in the backfield.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

we would have to play a 46 or a 4-3 over like that, there is no way Ngata has enough lateral speed to play 43 DE. I wouldnt mind some 46 plays but not as our base defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    we would have to play a 46 or a 4-3 over like that, there is no way Ngata has enough lateral speed to play 43 DE. I wouldnt mind some 46 plays but not as our base defense.
                    why not a normal 4-3 and just get a good DT rotation?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                      why not a normal 4-3 and just get a good DT rotation?
                      Not a bad idea, but should we draft Ellis just to be a part of a rotation? I would think taking a player #8 overall would and should serve a bigger role.

Comment

Not a bad idea, but should we draft Ellis just to be a part of a rotation? I would think taking a player #8 overall would and should serve a bigger role.
                        I agree, unless it is Dorsey but he wont fall to our pick.

Comment

I think Matt Ryan is becoming more and more of a possibilty, I mean a new HC and a new OC should mean a new QB even if we already have Troy and Kyle. I doubt either of the 2 will be our franchise QB's despite all the talent they have. Baltimore has never had a franchise QB and Ryan has the everything you look for in a franchise QB and some things need to be taught but that should be taken care of by Cam Cameron. Im starting more and more to like the idea of taking a QB even if we've got bigger needs.

Comment

I think Matt Ryan is becoming more and more of a possibilty, I mean a new HC and a new OC should mean a new QB even if we already have Troy and Kyle. I doubt either of the 2 will be our franchise QB's despite all the talent they have. Baltimore has never had a franchise QB and Ryan has the everything you look for in a franchise QB and some things need to be taught but that should be taken care of by Cam Cameron. Im starting more and more to like the idea of taking a QB even if we've got bigger needs.
                            I love Matt Ryan and would love to have him as our QB but Atlanta won't likely pass on him at 3 and we have to many needs besides QB. Cam has worked with young QB's before and he'll work with Kyle and Troy and QB shouldn't be a problem this year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I agree, I like ellis a lot though

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

if Ellis or Dorsey fall in the draft the patriots would pick them up

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information