Our Biggest Draft Need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
    Mel Kiper has us taking Sedrick Ellis in his newest mock, and I for 1 love that pick! Kelly Gregg is great but he's not getting any younger and soon he may need to be replaced and having a DT duo of Ngata and Ellis for the future would be BEASTLY!!!
    I second that post.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      Mel Kiper has us taking Sedrick Ellis in his newest mock, and I for 1 love that pick! Kelly Gregg is great but he's not getting any younger and soon he may need to be replaced and having a DT duo of Ngata and Ellis for the future would be BEASTLY!!!
      lol i just said that but I know the idea of having Ellis and Ngata on the same line is great what are we going to do with our CB problems? I think we could go atleast another 2 years with Gregg on our line, but don't get me wrong I would love Ellis I just this that Cb is a bigger and more important need.

Comment

look the bottom line is we are struggling with depth in most positions. It would be nice to take a franchise QB in rd 1 but Matt Ryan is not the answer. Take a QB later and sure up that DLine and def backfield. I think it would be a godsend if Gholston some how fell to us. He seems to be getting the hype that Suggs got before his draft year. We all know what happened and we ended up with the defensive ROY so keep your hopes alive ! Or it wouldnt be bad that we trade the pick and move down and maybe get a DeSean Jackson and pick up a 3 or 4 on day two. I think there is a lot of depth in this draft just not many superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
          look the bottom line is we are struggling with depth in most positions. It would be nice to take a franchise QB in rd 1 but Matt Ryan is not the answer. Take a QB later and sure up that DLine and def backfield. I think it would be a godsend if Gholston some how fell to us. He seems to be getting the hype that Suggs got before his draft year. We all know what happened and we ended up with the defensive ROY so keep your hopes alive ! Or it wouldnt be bad that we trade the pick and move down and maybe get a DeSean Jackson and pick up a 3 or 4 on day two. I think there is a lot of depth in this draft just not many superstars.
          What does drafting Jackson do to help sure up this team? It basically just gives us another project receiver (which we don't need since all our WR's besides Mason are still projects) and says that drafting Yamon Figurs in the 3rd last year was a mistake. That and Suggs had a bad 40 time which allowed his stock to plummet thus he slipped to us while Gholston had an amazing combine and likely cemented his status as a top 5 or 6 pick. Honestly there is alot of inconsistencies in this post.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
            Not a bad idea, but should we draft Ellis just to be a part of a rotation? I would think taking a player #8 overall would and should serve a bigger role.
            Rotating on a Defensive line is HUGE, just ask the NY Giants front seven. Ellis would eventually grow into a starter....

Comment

yes,plus I like that if we get either Dorsey or Ellis they will bring in a interior pass rusher to our d-line rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                yes,plus I like that if we get either Dorsey or Ellis they will bring in a interior pass rusher to our d-line rotation.
                Neither Dorsey or Ellis are phenomenal pass rushers. The do a nice job slicing through on running plays but mastering the pass rush is a different art, and neither have a huge arsenal of moves, and would have an even more difficult time getting to the quarterback in a 3-4. Yes, they are very talented, but I think putting either in a 3-4 is a waste. And pressure from the 3-4 most often is generated by the linebackers, and if you're strictly talking on the line, its your weakside 5 technique (Trevor Pryce) doing the damage.

Comment

they will be an upgrade over Kelly Gregg in the pass rush. we could bring him in to replace Gregg in passing downs and keep a rotation when we go to a 4-3 to give Gregg or Ngata a break.

Comment

they will be an upgrade over Kelly Gregg in the pass rush. we could bring him in to replace Gregg in passing downs and keep a rotation when we go to a 4-3 to give Gregg or Ngata a break.
                    Gregg isn't supposed to be a pass rusher first of all and secondly he actually gets quite a bit of penetrator in the pocket. A replacement for Gregg is not needed and isn't the reason for selecting a DT if we do. Kelly Gregg is not the problem on this team.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Gregg is 31, and since we do run a DT rotation we could pick one up and put him in it so until Gregg retires or his contract expires we can put him in full time.

Comment

Gregg is 31, and since we do run a DT rotation we could pick one up and put him in it so until Gregg retires or his contract expires we can put him in full time.
                        Age is so overrated in this league it isn't funny and Kelly's age is irrelevant. He just signed a new deal last offseason and isn't going anywhere. We need to address problems in this draft and Kelly Gregg isn't a problem.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          Age is so overrated in this league it isn't funny and Kelly's age is irrelevant. He just signed a new deal last offseason and isn't going anywhere. We need to address problems in this draft and Kelly Gregg isn't a problem.
                          What;s up BigDawg its your arch nemesis !! been awhile since I have been on here but I do have to agree here... Charm City's KG is not the problem on Defense, though we can't pass up someone like Dorsey if he were to fall to us.. we need to address depth in the secondary or Depth at LB or DE if we are going best Defensive player available. We do need a QB but I think we can address that in later rounds like we did last year.. Chad Henne or Flacco or Brohm will be available in the 2nd rds and 3rd rds... they would fit our system and Cam Cameron's type of QB's for sure...

Comment

our biggest draft needs obviously a corner

i got my money on troy smith at qb

Go Celtics
                            Go Irish
                            Go Ravens

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information