Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • David Harris

    What does everyone think about this guy as a 1st rd possibility? I've been for taking a LB to be Ray's successor in the 1st or 2nd for a while now, if the value was good. Harris could very well be BPA when we pick. I really believe that Ray will be gone within the next 2 seasons (retired) and if we don't have someone to step in the dropoff could be a killer.

  • #2
    I'd be all for it, hes an ideal 3-4 ILB. After having a really impressive combine I think hes defintely a late 1st early 2nd round player.

    Comment


    • #3
      Id be surprised if Ray plays past next season, but I dont see us drafting his replacement in rd 1 this year.

      I believe after this coming season Ray, JO, and McNair will all retire with Mulitalo, Flynn, and Mason possibly also calling it quits as well.
      HALL OF FAMER!
      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

      Xbox Live - Kevown8999

      Comment


      • #4
        I remember Ray saying he will play until he is 35 because he wants to be the GOAT, either way we could go permanent 34 if we take Harris

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
          Id be surprised if Ray plays past next season, but I dont see us drafting his replacement in rd 1 this year.
          I'm curious as to why you think this. For one thing, I think we could take just about any position if the value is good enough, especially one that could produce a starter in one year. For another, I think that Ozzie has to know how much Ray gives us and that his production, and influence on our defense cannot be replaced with a mid-round talent. Drafting Ray's replacement this season also gives more time to get him NFL-ready which would also help decrease the dropoff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
            I'm curious as to why you think this. For one thing, I think we could take just about any position if the value is good enough, especially one that could produce a starter in one year. For another, I think that Ozzie has to know how much Ray gives us and that his production, and influence on our defense cannot be replaced with a mid-round talent. Drafting Ray's replacement this season also gives more time to get him NFL-ready which would also help decrease the dropoff.
            Cause for 1 I believe we have Ray's replacement in Bart Scott already. Secondly is because we are gonna try to make a run at the Superbowl next season, and to do that we need our 1st rounder to be an impact player right away.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

            Xbox Live - Kevown8999

            Comment


            • #7
              David Harris is the man, but if you're drafting him to replace Ray Lewis, I think you're going to be disappointed..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                Cause for 1 I believe we have Ray's replacement in Bart Scott already. Secondly is because we are gonna try to make a run at the Superbowl next season, and to do that we need our 1st rounder to be an impact player right away.
                Bart Scott is a great player, but he's 28 and he alone won't be able to pick up the slack when Ray is gone. Besides, then who will replace scott. As for our superbowl run, I doubt a guard or something would make that big difference, plus why should we mortgage our future when we have a chance to lessen the blow? I'm not saying we shouldn't do as much as we can to utilize our window, I'm saying we shouldn't be reckless.
                Last edited by Bohleive; 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  David Harris is the man, but if you're drafting him to replace Ray Lewis, I think you're going to be disappointed..
                  I don't think any of us expect to see another Ray Lewis. We're talking about someone who can take on his role as leader in the LB corps and as an everydown tackling machine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    One more thought:
                    Taking Harris or someone like him could provide us with some insurance if Cody doesn't for whatever reason pan out (not that I believe this at all). Scott could be moved outside, where his speed off the edge could be more frequently utilized. I think Scott could hold up there (245 lbs?).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bohleive View Post
                      Bart Scott is a great player, but he's 28 and he alone won't be able to pick up the slack when Ray is gone. Besides, then who will replace scott. As for our superbowl run, I doubt a guard or something would make that big difference, plus why should we mortgage our future when we have a chance to lessen the blow? I'm not saying we shouldn't do as much as we can to utilize our window, I'm saying we shouldn't be reckless.
                      the ravens organization have repeatedly said they will not give up the future for one year. they did that the year after they won the super bowl and got burned for it. when they let Adalius go, that was an act of this new philosophy. no giving away the future for the present


                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                      Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think Bart Scott is good/determined enough to play any type of LB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree about all LB spots, we got a steal there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I had another reason for not wanting Harris in rd 1 but I couldnt remember the guys name but I just saw so before I forget its because I would rather have H.B. Blades in a later round.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                            Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information