Official Offseason Wishlist Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I think kearse would be great at a veteran min in an exclusive 3rd down role...also, my wish list has gone to s**t...starks is off the market, johnson is visiting in buffalo right now, and i heard the moore was making the roudns too, although baltimore was not in his itinerary.

Anyone else notice we have been completely non-existant in FA this year? i havent even heard us mentioned in hte same name as a FA...its depressing. Not that i want us to spend our money willy nilly...it would be great if ozzie found a way to infuse some youth and depth into our team with players that fit our system
    This is what happens when a franchise in flux between needing to rebuild as opposed to clinging to ridiculous notions of being a playoff team. People can cite injuries all they want, this is still the same team the went 5-11 last year and yet they want to roll the dice one more time with this group and see what happens. If it works then great but when it likely doesn't we are basically throwing away the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Oh well I guess by that time we can just sign the newly released Michael Vick to solve our revolving door at QB. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      This is what happens when a franchise in flux between needing to rebuild as opposed to clinging to ridiculous notions of being a playoff team. People can cite injuries all they want, this is still the same team the went 5-11 last year and yet they want to roll the dice one more time with this group and see what happens. If it works then great but when it likely doesn't we are basically throwing away the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Oh well I guess by that time we can just sign the newly released Michael Vick to solve our revolving door at QB. ;)
      i agree...we are rebuilding...thats why i wanted us to signa few key YOUNG FAs to help add to our core of young players. But alas, we dont believe in free agency, so, once again, we go around with like you said the same group of players. See you in 2009, guys.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This team also went 13-3 before the 5-11 season. Injuries and inconsistent QB play were the downfall of this team last season. You're going to struggle when your offense can't score points, the team has tuned out the coach, and your starting CB's are Gaston and Pittman. This team has some very good pieces along with a new coach to bring some fire to this team.

i agree...we are rebuilding...thats why i wanted us to signa few key YOUNG FAs to help add to our core of young players. But alas, we dont believe in free agency, so, once again, we go around with like you said the same group of players. See you in 2009, guys.
        Like I said before, you cannot add free agents when you don't have the money to do so. Every team runs into a year where they cannot be active in free agency. This just happens to be that year for us. Luckily we have one of the best gm's in football to add pieces through the draft.

Comment

I'd rather not have them pull a snyder and sign a fa for a huge contract and then be a complete bust. Unless they are absolutely sure about a certain guy I'd rather have them take their chances in the draft.

Comment

Word is that Brendan Ayanbedejo, special teams stud for the Bears, may be visiting the Ravens. He would be about as good a pickup as we could hope for this offseason, and one that could make a big impact.

Comment

look like McNair is staying unless we draft a qb in the 1st day
              with no signing of LB or Wr Scott & Mason are staying

i hope Barnes starts over Johnson thou

Smith
              McGahee
              McClain
              Mason
              Clayton
              Heap
              Gaithers
              Brown
              Chester
              Grubbs
              Terry

Pryce
              Gregg
              Ngata
              Suggs
              Scott
              Lewis
              Johnson
              McAlister
              Landry
              Reed
              Rolle

Only good thing i see is that all our players have started a game
              Last edited by The Legend; 03-05-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                Word is that Brendan Ayanbedejo, special teams stud for the Bears, may be visiting the Ravens. He would be about as good a pickup as we could hope for this offseason, and one that could make a big impact.
                It's down to the Ravens and the Jets for Ayanbedejo. He would help big time on special teams. His brother played for the Ravens and Brendan was in training camp with the Ravens in 2001. We should know by Thursday night what his decision is.

Comment

Yea he just signed with us, sounds like a solid pickup. Unfortunately, i also heard suggs wants to be francised as a DL instead of a LB which will cost us around a million more cap space. not really catching any breaks this offseason are we?

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast in the East View Post
                    Yea he just signed with us, sounds like a solid pickup. Unfortunately, i also heard suggs wants to be francised as a DL instead of a LB which will cost us around a million more cap space. not really catching any breaks this offseason are we?
                    Actually its like 815K but regardless this is just a bone head move by the front office. They need to communicate to him to take the LB tag and when a long term deal is finalized that he'll more then make up that lost money. Is anyone else tired of this offseason so far concerning the Ravens?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Actually its like 815K but regardless this is just a bone head move by the front office. They need to communicate to him to take the LB tag and when a long term deal is finalized that he'll more then make up that lost money. Is anyone else tired of this offseason so far concerning the Ravens?
                      i am very tired of this offseason...extremely disappointed in ozzie right now.
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

My new wishlist involves trading Suggs, I realize we started this grievance by taging him with the lesser $ tag. If he truly wanted to sign longterm and wanted to be a Raven longterm he wouldn't care about 815k, he'd be worried about gettin the deal done and getting millions for years to come. Send him packing and get us a true #1 WR!
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                          My new wishlist involves trading Suggs, I realize we started this grievance by taging him with the lesser $ tag. If he truly wanted to sign longterm and wanted to be a Raven longterm he wouldn't care about 815k, he'd be worried about gettin the deal done and getting millions for years to come. Send him packing and get us a true #1 WR!

ERU, we agree on alot, but this is ludacris man. There is no way we should trade a multi-pro bowl player who is only 24 years old, because of one stupid grieveance. This will blow over, im sure, ozzie has a reputation of having an excellent relationship with the players, and Suggs loves playing in baltimore. He will get tagged, either at LB or DE (he will get the DE tag, as he rightfully deserves though) I understand his frustration, and I also understand that situation from the ravens POV. Hopefully, they can put this aside of a mediator can settle this, then we can work on a long term deal and keep one of our best players on our team right here in Baltimore.

Also, who would oyu want us to trade him for? he probably has late 1st/early 2nd round value as far as draft picks are concerned, and what true #1 WR are available through trade? we would almost certainly not get fair value, not to mention whats the point in trading a premier defensive player for a #1 WR when STEVE ******* MCNAIR will be throwing him the ball? The old man cant even hit willis in the flats, let alone a reciever 10 yards downfield. I am not for trading suggs, especially for a WR. I like our WR core right now, it just needs time to develop. Now that cameron is in here, I really think there is a chance our offence takes a step forward this year, given that Boller or Smith is under centre instead of Mcnair.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                            I have to agree with you here. If he truly wanted to be here he wouldn't be fighting over $800k. Contract talks are on hold now because of this grievance. So instead of working out a long term $million deal, he's bitching over $800k. Not a very smart move from Suggs IMO.

Also Suggs didn't have a problem going to multiple pro bowls as an OLB. He was also listed as an OLB for every game this past season. He was given the right tag IMO.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information