No announcement yet.

Mikedoobie's 7rd Ravens Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqib talib is a player im not fond of at all. My reasoning being I question his speed and the combine reinforced that, he is the most inconsistent corner in the draft. Some games he looks like a lockdown corner and other games he looks like a undrafted rookie. He is not nearly as physocal as he should be for his size and hes got a mouth on him and not in the good way like the ravens swagger its like a DeAngelo Hall attitude which imo isnt the best. There is no way Talib is a top 10 pick yet alone top 15 come draft day.
    heres my CB rankings:
    1.Mike Jenkins USF
    2.Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee St.
    3.Leodis Mckelvin Troy
    4.Justin King Penn St.
    5.Brandon Flowers VT
    6.Patrick Lee Auburn
    7.Aqib Talib Kansas
    8.Charles Godfrey Iowa
    9.Tracy Porter Indiana
    10.Antoine Cason Arizona

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
      Aqib talib is a player im not fond of at all. My reasoning being I question his speed and the combine reinforced that, he is the most inconsistent corner in the draft. Some games he looks like a lockdown corner and other games he looks like a undrafted rookie. He is not nearly as physocal as he should be for his size and hes got a mouth on him and not in the good way like the ravens swagger its like a DeAngelo Hall attitude which imo isnt the best. There is no way Talib is a top 10 pick yet alone top 15 come draft day.
      heres my CB rankings:
      1.Mike Jenkins USF
      2.Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee St.
      3.Leodis Mckelvin Troy
      4.Justin King Penn St.
      5.Brandon Flowers VT
      6.Patrick Lee Auburn
      7.Aqib Talib Kansas
      8.Charles Godfrey Iowa
      9.Tracy Porter Indiana
      10.Antoine Cason Arizona
      I agree with you on Talib. He is way too inconsistent. He gets beat deep way too often. In fact when he played against Kansas State, Jordy Nelson who ran in the 4.5 range blew by him and made Talib look like a high school player. Maurice Purify also beat Talib pretty bad 3 times when they played against each other.

Comment

I dont think any of the corners in this draft are worth the 8th overall, I think there will be some value at CB in the 2nd round, a guy like Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, or maybe Cason or Talib. 1 of those guys should be at our 2nd rounder and IMO we should focus our 1st rounder on another need.

Comment

I swear Mike Jenkins is my opinion is WAY too overrated.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

meh...im not a big fan of this...i like the jenkins pic, i think hes the best overall CB in this draft, and its either him or mcklevin anyways...although the value is iffy, id rather see us draft him then say...matt ryan? Although we are known to go BPA, so if someone like dorsey or ellis slides, then i can see us taking them...

im not a big hardy fan, in fact, i thnk that we have a good recieving core as it is with mason/clayton/williams...id rather us take a guy liek quentin groves tehre (who put on a show at the combine and very wlel could be gone by our pick), or address the DT/DE position with our 2nd rounder...i would definately not like to see us take a project QB there like most mockers give us...

marcus howard? i dont think so, hes basically the same player antwan barnes is, and id like to see wat barnes can do unless we draft a more talented player (ie groves) this year. At that point, id like to add some depth in the backfield or along the oline to be honest.

Kevin Smith, im a big fan of the position, not so much the player. Id like to see us take a scat back to change up with mcgahee and offer a home run threat, yet find a back who is capable of taking over if mcgahee goes down. i think instead of smith, id rather have a guy like jamaal charles, who has just as much if not more talent, and he just isnt as developed. we might have to take him in round 3 instead of 4 though.

cant comment on the other 3, havent done enough in depth scouting to know who might be available then, ill do more as teh draft moves closer.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This is how I'd like the draft to go:
              1) Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC (Dream Pick: Vernon Ghloston)
              2) Antonie Cason, CB, Arizona
              4) Tony Hills, OT, Texas
              5) Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St.
              6) Cody Wallace, C, Texas A&M
              7) Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah St.

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                This is how I'd like the draft to go:
                1) Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC (Dream Pick: Vernon Ghloston)
                2) Antonie Cason, CB, Arizona
                4) Tony Hills, OT, Texas
                5) Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St.
                6) Cody Wallace, C, Texas A&M
                7) Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah St.
                id love to see us grab cason in the 2nd round if we go elsewhere in the first...i think he has great skills and could easily cevelop into a top flight CB.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

That's exactly what I think. I am sure that one year playing Nickel under C-Mac and Samari Rolle can only help make him a better player.

Comment

alot of people questioned his straight line speed, however even before he ran in the 4.4's, i rebuttled against this. He has great hips, and is very very physucal at the line of scrimmage. I think that he is much more then a cover 2 corner that some have him pegged as, and i think he could be a star and a steal for someone if they get him in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

im not a big hardy fan, in fact, i thnk that we have a good recieving core as it is with mason/clayton/williams...id rather us take a guy liek quentin groves tehre (who put on a show at the combine and very wlel could be gone by our pick), or address the DT/DE position with our 2nd rounder...i would definately not like to see us take a project QB there like most mockers give us...

marcus howard? i dont think so, hes basically the same player antwan barnes is, and id like to see wat barnes can do unless we draft a more talented player (ie groves) this year. At that point, id like to add some depth in the backfield or along the oline to be honest.

Kevin Smith, im a big fan of the position, not so much the player. Id like to see us take a scat back to change up with mcgahee and offer a home run threat, yet find a back who is capable of taking over if mcgahee goes down. i think instead of smith, id rather have a guy like jamaal charles, who has just as much if not more talent, and he just isnt as developed. we might have to take him in round 3 instead of 4 though.
                      Kinda contradicting yourself in saying you dont want marcus howard because hes like Barnes but you do want Groves in the second who is basically the same player (as in playing style) with more off field issues..sooo not exactly sure what to take after reading that..also Marcus Howard has more physical potential then Groves and doesnt have the attitude he does and to be honest Groves is one of the guys ive basically scratched off my boards as he has a terrible attitude, praises himself, overrates himself (think DeAngelo Hall)and to me isnt worth the trouble of a day 1 pick.
                      Jamaal Charles should go in the second round and is an extremely underrated back and put up great numbers at Texas and has great size, speed and everything..i think he is easily gone in the second but if hes there in the third which i doubt id want him to...but when we get to the fourth i think we are down to these players: kevin smith, matt forte, steve slaton, mike hart, and an outside possibility at Chris Johnson who i would also love because as you said we could use a scat back but i think he will go higher due to his 40

Comment

As for Cason yes he does have great football instincts but he is limited in terms of physical ability and potential...i look at him if anyone as a perfect cover 2 corner..while he could play other defenses he wont be nearly as succesful and by his 40 time i still question his speed and im guessing many others do..I think we may wanna lean for a more pure cover corner with the guys in our division having Bralon Edwards and Donte Stallworth on one team, Holmes and Ward on another and Ocho and Housh on another...Our divison needs stud corners thats why i want us to go in round 1..my order of preference is Jenkins, DRC, then McKelvin..with DRC almost my number one corner and most likely i will put him there as his physical potential along with the skill he showcased at the senior bowl and footwork at the combine im starting to love him as a prospect..but is more of a high risk high reward pick

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                          Kinda contradicting yourself in saying you dont want marcus howard because hes like Barnes but you do want Groves in the second who is basically the same player (as in playing style) with more off field issues..sooo not exactly sure what to take after reading that..also Marcus Howard has more physical potential then Groves and doesnt have the attitude he does and to be honest Groves is one of the guys ive basically scratched off my boards as he has a terrible attitude, praises himself, overrates himself (think DeAngelo Hall)and to me isnt worth the trouble of a day 1 pick.
                          Jamaal Charles should go in the second round and is an extremely underrated back and put up great numbers at Texas and has great size, speed and everything..i think he is easily gone in the second but if hes there in the third which i doubt id want him to...but when we get to the fourth i think we are down to these players: kevin smith, matt forte, steve slaton, mike hart, and an outside possibility at Chris Johnson who i would also love because as you said we could use a scat back but i think he will go higher due to his 40
                          where did you hear this? ive never heard anyhting like this, to be honest. Ive never even hjeard mention that groves has any character concerns whatsoever.

my comment with barnes/howard was stating that instead of taking howard, who is very similar to barnes, id rather take someone who i believe is a supoerior player in groves.

and you could be entirely right, charles would be gone in the 4th. or 3rd. i was just suggesting a differant type of back.

Comment

I would take Matt Forté before Kevin Smith. Smith's 450 carries last season worry me, and he's got 900+ over 3 years. I only saw Smith during the UT - UCF game and then the bowl game and haven't really ever seen real game time of Forté. Even still, Forté has been more of a prolific receiving back. His blocking and catching ability makes him a great 3rd down back. Smith is a good patient strong runner, with good straight line speed, but he doesn't have that wiggle or lateral quickness to get outside in the pro's on a consistent basis. Not saying Forté does, but he has the blocking and receiving skills that makes him a more ideal backup to Willis.

As for 1st round corners, DRC is actually my #1. He's always been one of my favorites, really only first because he's Antonio's cousin and he was one of my favorite players coming out that year. Anyways DRC has great height at 6'2 and while he's frail, he's insanely athletic, with unbelievable jumping ability and he's a playmaker, who can make the play on the ball and take it the distance. His combine performance, not just his 4.33 forty and the other leading athletic tests, but position drill performance was incredible. He moved quickly, cutting in and out of breaks fluidly. I'm a fan of lanky corners which is why I edge him over McKelvin, but barely. Mike Jenkins is a good player in his own right, very athletic and a good cover man. But he's got character issues and doesn't have those natural instincts that DRC and McKelvin have.

Comment

Also, I think the Dline has to be adressed with the 2nd, or maybe if we get the 3rd round comp for Adalius (which I think is a low chance). I'm a big fan of Trevor Laws, but I don't know how well he'd fit in our defense. He's versatile and a hard nosed player, much like Kelly Gregg. James Hardy is also a good pick, but I feel our dline depth is much worse than our wideout depth. A Kelly Gregg clone to groom for the future would be good in my mind. I really like Barber at S. He'd fit perfectly on our aggressive D and will be able to make a name for himself on ST early.

Comment

Trevor Laws is gone before our second..this mock is kinda old now as marcus howard is just skyrocketing and may be a second..but a guy i do like now in the 2nd when you say DL is Calias Campbell..jack of all trades is slipping and could be there at our pick, similar to Pryce and i love drafting from the U

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information