Mikedoobie's 7rd Ravens Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikedoobie's 7rd Ravens Mock

Well i havent posted here in a while so hopefully this is a gooder...ok after watching the combine and switching up my rankings heres my new ravens mock:

1) Mike Jenkins | CB | USF
    Having a hard time on this pick but i like Jenkins too much. He has good size at nearly 6'0 and 200lbs and ran a 4.40. he has everything physically and has great instincts at the CB position cutting many routes. He has long arms especially for his height and is ready to start today..Had a dominant senior year and really impressed me, reminds me of a more athletic Antrel Rolle..he is also very versatile and has played safety if needed and would be comfortable in multiple looks in our defense. if any of Ellis, Dorsey, Long or Gholston be there that would be the pick but most likely not so Mike Jenkins.
    other options: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

2) James Hardy | WR | Indiana
    Hardy is a gifted athlete in the mold of Plaxico Burress.. would be a perfect compliment to Mark Clayton and would be allowing us to get rid of Mason quicker and save some cap. Will be a great red zone target early on and will develop well. Will be a great target for Troy Smith in the next season. Could be a risky pick but i like another dimension in our offense and could be a legitimate no.1 guy.
    Other options: Erin Henderson, Calias Campbell

3) Marcus Howard | ANY | Georgia
    COMP:(for adalius thomas):I cant even define the position of him as he is in the mold of a Adailus Thomas. but he is a great edge threat and notched up a great Bowl game having something like 4 sacks..i think it was the Sugar cant remember..could be a great player in our defense.

4) Kevin Smith | RB | Central Florida
    He is the best natural and instinctive runner to come out in a while..knows how to read blocks hit the holes and would be a great spell back and with McGahee's injury past and Musa Smith nearing his end in Baltimore we need to take advantage of the great RB class and snag ourselves one, may not be the flashiest of the group though. Would be used like Turner for Cam Cameron who both have similar running styles.

5) John Sullivan | C | Notre Dame
    COMP:(for Pashos and Mughelli):This to me is a smart pick.. he is a safe player and could step in if needed. This also leads to the release of Flynn which is more then welcome, which most likely leads to Ogdens retirement this offseason..and this draft basicall overhauls our offense at this point while mantaining a strong defense in the crucial areas needed. The pass rush and the Secondary.

6) Dominque Barber | S | Minnesota
    Related to Marion Barber they play very simlar. He plays at with a reckless abondonment at S and is much like Bob Sanders. He may go higher then this but if hes here it will be a steal. Will be a dominant special teams player.

7) Ben Moffitt | ILB | USF
    Another South Florida defensive player. he is very intinctive and is a thumper with great tackling ability. Has thick legs and was called the overacheving machine at USF, reminds me of a Kelly Gregg persona at LB.Can come in and help on special teams and would ge a great backup which we dont have for our ILB's.

any questions?? and thoughts and such

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

I would be happy if that happened this draft, I would love Hard he has a lot of talent and is taller then Clarence Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      I would be happy if that happened this draft, I would love Hard he has a lot of talent and is taller then Clarence Moore.
      no way, word is clarence has been getting taller since he got cut. he is now 6'9" and looking to resign with a team

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Good draft Doob
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I'm not particularly impressed with this mock, mainly because I don't like the Jenkins pick and don't see Moffit doing much in the NFL but isn't a bad 7th round flyer pick. And I'm not really sold on Kevin Smith, I could be wrong but I'm not sure he'll do much on the next level. That and PJ Daniels will be given every opportunity for that backup spot.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Well i think Jenkins is the most NFL ready corner and IMO least risky of the corners. Moffit will be a great ST contributor immediately and reminds me of Zack DeOssie from last year and he was a big contributer in the Giants ST and id expect much the same as they play with very similar styles and both gave great football instincts.i think that sounds pretty good for a 7th. Kevin Smith is the most consistent player and thats what we need in a backup RB in case of injury and he knows how to run its a very low risk pick. and we need more then one backupn to injury prone McGahee so we should draft another RB and Daniels isnt nearly as good as a natural runner as id want in a backup RB he is a very good 3rd down back though

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
              Well i think Jenkins is the most NFL ready corner and IMO least risky of the corners. Moffit will be a great ST contributor immediately and reminds me of Zack DeOssie from last year and he was a big contributer in the Giants ST and id expect much the same as they play with very similar styles and both gave great football instincts.i think that sounds pretty good for a 7th. Kevin Smith is the most consistent player and thats what we need in a backup RB in case of injury and he knows how to run its a very low risk pick. and we need more then one backupn to injury prone McGahee so we should draft another RB and Daniels isnt nearly as good as a natural runner as id want in a backup RB he is a very good 3rd down back though
              The thing about RB is while yes behind Willis we are unproven, but we still have 2 backs in Daniels and Ross. Not that that tandem are world beaters but it then means we will have to keep Willis, Daniels, Ross, a pick, McClain and Green. Its not out of the question by any stretch, I just don't see us taking a RB that early. Not to mention Smith might be gone by round 3 anyway.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I dont think Vorey Ross or Musa Smith are really adequate backups to a player like Willis who has been injured and has had long injuries. We saw how badly injuries killed us last year and if we have an offense with no mcgahee at any point i want a sufficient backup..Musa Smith is basically done anyway and if we draft expect him to be cut, Corey Ross is not a very good backup and is more of a ST player..so i do think we need to add a RB and why not take advanatage of a draft with tons of RBs it doesnt have to be Kevin Smith but i think that would be the best choice

Comment

Originally posted by mikedoobie View Post
                  I dont think Vorey Ross or Musa Smith are really adequate backups to a player like Willis who has been injured and has had long injuries. We saw how badly injuries killed us last year and if we have an offense with no mcgahee at any point i want a sufficient backup..Musa Smith is basically done anyway and if we draft expect him to be cut, Corey Ross is not a very good backup and is more of a ST player..so i do think we need to add a RB and why not take advanatage of a draft with tons of RBs it doesnt have to be Kevin Smith but i think that would be the best choice
                  With the way Cory Ross played in the final game against Pittsburgh he will be given every chance this preseason to be a contributor on offense. He's a perfect fit for a tandem backfield given that he's a polar opposite to Willis' running style. I agree that a sufficient backup is necessary but assuming a 4th round pick would be that is a bit of a stretch. Musa is a UFA anyway and if he's brought back yet again it would be for his ST play more then anything.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I'm not really a fan of the Mike Jenkins pick at #8. He's best suited for a cover 2 type defense IMO. We need more of a man to man CB. A guy that we can leave out on an island to go up against a WR. Leodis McKelvin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are better fits for the Ravens defensive scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                      I'm not really a fan of the Mike Jenkins pick at #8. He's best suited for a cover 2 type defense IMO. We need more of a man to man CB. A guy that we can leave out on an island to go up against a WR. Leodis McKelvin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are better fits for the Ravens defensive scheme.
                      I am really a fan of DRC, especially after the Senior Bowl, but he's from a D2 school and lets face it we got burned with David Pittman so far so its not likely he's on the radar for us. He may be a bit of a reach at the 8th pick and that might not be in the best interest for us at this point.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        I am really a fan of DRC, especially after the Senior Bowl, but he's from a D2 school and lets face it we got burned with David Pittman so far so its not likely he's on the radar for us. He may be a bit of a reach at the 8th pick and that might not be in the best interest for us at this point.
                        I understand what you're saying about the division 2 thing, but remember that DCR has played against the top college players in the senior bowl. I'm hoping we're able to trade back and draft either DCR or McKelvin. #8 would be a bit too high for either of them. We'll see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                          I understand what you're saying about the division 2 thing, but remember that DCR has played against the top college players in the senior bowl. I'm hoping we're able to trade back and draft either DCR or McKelvin. #8 would be a bit too high for either of them. We'll see though.
                          Well if I recall correctly, the same thing happened with Pittman coming out and we got burned on that so far. Just throwing that out there for what its worth.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

as big dawg said thats the concern for me for DRC he may be the most talented of the bunch but is one of the more risky picks...i do think he will go in or very near the top 10 come draft day and dont feel he is a reach but i think it is too much of a high risk high reward pick for the 8th spot and for the state our team is in...Mckelvin i also think is a top 10 and alot of people have those two corners ahead of Mike Jenkins but i like Jenkins alot..i do not think he is anywhere near a cover 2 corner..he has very good speed reinforcing that at the combine which was his major knock evn though his game speed is very high..he has good size and what seperates him from a cover 2 corner is that he can turn and run with a reciever, he has the athleticism for one, decent hips and extremely long arms, also he breaks on the ball the best of any of the CBs in the draft and has played his best in big games like Auburn...he is not a cover 2 corner like Cason

Comment

I also like Aqib Talib from Kansas as well. Wouldn't mind seeing him being the selection with the 8th pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information