Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens sign Frank Walker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ravens sign Frank Walker

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5134848.story

    Signed to a 2 year, 3.5 million deal. 26 year old cornerback who played for the Giants from 2003 to 2006 and then the Packers last season. Has 5 career interceptions. Should be a nickel guy for us and he may spell the end of the Corey Ivy era in Baltimore. Can't really be much worse than Ivy was. Decent signing for me.

    Nick Greisen was also retained, which I'm really happy about. He played really well for us down the stretch. 3 years, 4 million.
    Last edited by dcarey20; 03-13-2008, 06:03 PM.

  • #2
    didnt do a damn thing in Green Bay
    Couldnt be out JArrett Bush



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm a bit puzzled by this move? Although with the moves we've made to sure up the Special Teams, Yamon should be a 1st round pick in fantasy.

      Magical sig by OSUGiants

      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


      Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
        http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5134848.story

        Signed to a 2 year, 3.5 million deal. 26 year old cornerback who played for the Giants from 2003 to 2006 and then the Packers last season. Has 5 career interceptions. Should be a nickel guy for us and he may spell the end of the Corey Ivy era in Baltimore. Can't really be much worse than Ivy was. Decent signing for me.

        Nick Greisen was also retained, which I'm really happy about. He played really well for us down the stretch. 3 years, 4 million.


        See who needs Ray Lewis when you have Nick "Passion Incarnate" Greisen in the fold. ;)

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • #5
          boooooooooo

          Comment


          • #6
            Im not a huge fan of this signing. I mean we could've gotten a much younger and talent player in the 3rd or 4th round.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
              Im not a huge fan of this signing. I mean we could've gotten a much younger and talent player in the 3rd or 4th round.
              Yeah well think of it like this, with a rookie we would have to wait on development and the potential of a bust. This way we get someone with experience.

              Magical sig by OSUGiants

              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


              Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Yeah well think of it like this, with a rookie we would have to wait on development and the potential of a bust. This way we get someone with experience.
                Agreed, that's why I'm happy about this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  also rolle restructured for 2.5 mil less. But he can make his normal money back if all the incentives are meet.


                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

                  Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Man, hopefully this doesn't change our draft plans of taking a Corner. I am really hoping for someone like Antonie Cason in the 2nd.

                    Baltimore: 7-4

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im having some second thoughts on this. After I read the article on him on BaltimoreRavens.com I know more about him and how commited he is to being the best player he can be. Hes a great special teamer, a solid nickel/dimeback and has enough expirence and is only 26 years old. While I do like this sigining I still want us to take a DB in the first round or second round. It is still a pressing need.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        Im having some second thoughts on this. After I read the article on him on BaltimoreRavens.com I know more about him and how commited he is to being the best player he can be. Hes a great special teamer, a solid nickel/dimeback and has enough expirence and is only 26 years old. While I do like this sigining I still want us to take a DB in the first round or second round. It is still a pressing need.
                        Not to be to pessimistic on this conclusion, but those were very similar attributes pertaining to the Corey Ivy signing as well. Be better in the nickel Frank, you can't be worse.

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          id say he's worth it if he gets ivy off the field.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                            Im not a huge fan of this signing. I mean we could've gotten a much younger and talent player in the 3rd or 4th round.
                            I couldn't agree more here, we always have success getting good value in kate rounds and getting a few xtra picks this year in compensation for losses in FA i think we could get some real athletes that could do a lot for us !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                              I couldn't agree more here, we always have success getting good value in kate rounds and getting a few xtra picks this year in compensation for losses in FA i think we could get some real athletes that could do a lot for us !!
                              But when you look at it again, a rookie could not have come in and contributed right away. Walker is only 26 years old and have enough experience to start at the nickel or dime. Hes also a great special teamer who hits hard.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information