Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

player you'd love in baltimore$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lordquas View Post
    mid 4th / early 5th i'd say
    dude, are you for real? there is no freaking way andre woodson lasts until the 4th round...i mean i hate him, and think he has some serious mechanics issues, but a team with a good QB coach will snatch him up in the late 2nd/early 3rd at latest with the intention of turning him into a star (which definately could happen.) No wya he is there at the start of teh 4th round. just wont happen.


    an interesting thing which i would love would be a trade for brady quinn. Lets face it, he wont see time anytime soon in cleveland. Hes a better QB then anyone in this draft. The only thing i would not be happy with would be giving up #8, and thats wat it would take to get him. And its not like the browns would give us a third rounder....they dont have ****. But hes someone id love to see in a ravens uni. I still maintain he wil be a much better QB, and ill put money on him being better then any QB from this draft class. Id loooooooove a trade for him, maybe this years 2nd, next years 2nd, and something else to sweeten the deal? savage knows our personnell and could ask for soemone he thinks will fit his system (bart scott would look good in a browns uni...well, hed look good in anything not a ravens uni)

    I will do as ERU did, and say who i would like to see as a raven at each position in the draft...

    QB: Josh Johnson
    RB: Jamaal Charles
    WR: Donnie Avery
    TE: Fred Davis
    OL: Ryan Clady
    DL: Quentin Groves (he would dominate, if hes there in the 2nd i pray we jump on it)
    LB:Erin Henderson/Groves as a 3-4 OLB
    CB: Brandon Flowers (mayock is right about him, when u watch the tape, hes perfect for us. Think antoine winfield.)
    S: Tom Zibowski (would be a perfect compliemtn for ed reed and light people up all day)
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

    Comment


    • #17
      theres at least 5 or 6 QBs ahead of woodson.

      Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

      Comment


      • #18
        Oh I don't think he is going to get drafted 1st day... with this little fanfare no way he makes it before the 4th.. I mean look at Troy Smith last year ?? He fell hard...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
          Oh I don't think he is going to get drafted 1st day... with this little fanfare no way he makes it before the 4th.. I mean look at Troy Smith last year ?? He fell hard...
          thats because troy smith has no measurables...andre woodson has star potential to go along with damn near perfect QB mearusables, he just needs a coach to fix his mechanics, and then he could easily be the best QB in this class...hes the 4th best QB in this class IMO


          1. Brohm
          2. Ryan
          3. Henne
          4.Woodson

          if a coach fixes his release, he can be an all pro QB...he could be what byron leftwich was supposed to be....you guys are all crazy if u think woodson will be there in round 4
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • #20
            My Favorites...

            QB: Matt Ryan
            RB: Chris Johnson
            WR: James Hardy
            TE: Dustin Keller
            OT: Chris Williams
            OG: Branden Albert
            C: Mike Pollack

            DE: Phillip Merling
            DT: Dre Moore
            LB: Erin Henderson
            CB: Brandon Flowers
            S: DaJuan Morgan

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              thats because troy smith has no measurables...andre woodson has star potential to go along with damn near perfect QB mearusables, he just needs a coach to fix his mechanics, and then he could easily be the best QB in this class...hes the 4th best QB in this class IMO


              1. Brohm
              2. Ryan
              3. Henne
              4.Woodson

              if a coach fixes his release, he can be an all pro QB...he could be what byron leftwich was supposed to be....you guys are all crazy if u think woodson will be there in round 4
              Can't Cameron be that coach?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                thats because troy smith has no measurables...andre woodson has star potential to go along with damn near perfect QB mearusables, he just needs a coach to fix his mechanics, and then he could easily be the best QB in this class...hes the 4th best QB in this class IMO


                1. Brohm
                2. Ryan
                3. Henne
                4.Woodson

                if a coach fixes his release, he can be an all pro QB...he could be what byron leftwich was supposed to be....you guys are all crazy if u think woodson will be there in round 4
                Ill give you the measureables part.. but the intanglibes is what make a great QB... Woodson couldnt win the big game... Troy did great things in great games...played against TOP end Talent just like the SEC and won games, if you look at his WR's he was throwing to.. if you look at it another way.. Gonzalez went to INDY.. he had a good year from a GREAT QB, Ted Ginn went to Miami and had a not so good year with a poor QB. Now look back a year and both had GREAT years with a GREAT QB.. NOW its a stretch to look at it that way and don't think I am comparing Peyton and Troy Smith !? But good recievers look like superstars with a great QB so you have to look at the total package of what they have to offer not just Height Weight and 40 and how far they can throw a ball and a wonderlic test....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                  Ill give you the measureables part.. but the intanglibes is what make a great QB... Woodson couldnt win the big game... Troy did great things in great games...played against TOP end Talent just like the SEC and won games, if you look at his WR's he was throwing to.. if you look at it another way.. Gonzalez went to INDY.. he had a good year from a GREAT QB, Ted Ginn went to Miami and had a not so good year with a poor QB. Now look back a year and both had GREAT years with a GREAT QB.. NOW its a stretch to look at it that way and don't think I am comparing Peyton and Troy Smith !? But good recievers look like superstars with a great QB so you have to look at the total package of what they have to offer not just Height Weight and 40 and how far they can throw a ball and a wonderlic test....
                  i agree fully...i think troy smith has teh ability to be an excellent QB, and i like him more then any Qb in this draft and i believe he deserves another year.

                  the argument was that andre woodson will slide to the 4th, simply because troy smith fell to the 5th...there is no way woodson falls to the 4th with his combination of measurables and production. it just wont happen.

                  and to answer bmoreblackbyrdz, yes cam cameron can be that coach. But i guarantee if we do draft woodson, it will not be in the 4th round.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    exactly. why wouldnt troy smith be given a shot. we drafted him exactly for this purpose, to take over mcnair.

                    Go Celtics
                    Go Irish
                    Go Ravens

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                      theres at least 5 or 6 QBs ahead of woodson.
                      Not by my rankings......

                      1. Andre Woodson
                      2. Joe Flacco
                      3. Brian Brohm
                      4. Chad Henne
                      5. Erik Ainge
                      HALL OF FAMER!
                      PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                      JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                      Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        BTW Todd McShay is a TOOL!!!! I was watching ESPN today and he kept saying no doubt the Ravens will take Ryan Clady at 8, and Mel Kiper jumped in and was like Todd dont forget Jared Gaither, the Ravens love him and expect him to be their LT of the futre. THANK YOU MEL!!! At least you didnt forget like everyone else seems to have forgotten.
                        HALL OF FAMER!
                        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                        Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I have no problem with what Mcshay said when Kiper brought up Gaither. Jared Gaither is still very raw and has done nothing to make anyone think he can be our future LT on the NFL level.

                          I doubt we'll use our 8th pick on Clady though. I'm thinking Matt Ryan, CB, or trade down at #8.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I cant see us trading down or taking a QB. I think in the end we will go DB

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              how about this for a draft.
                              1st - Leodis McKelvin, corner
                              2nd - Sam Baker, tackle
                              3rd - Josh Johnson, quarterback
                              4th - Ahtyba Rubin, d-tackle
                              4th - Chris Harrington, d-end
                              6th - Adrian Arrington, receiver
                              6th - Bruce Davis, outside linebacker
                              7th - Danny Woodhead, runningback
                              7th - Robert Felton, center/guard

                              Go Celtics
                              Go Irish
                              Go Ravens

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I cant see us trading down or taking a QB. I think in the end we will go DB
                                You never know who other teams may want. I can see a team like New Orleans wanting to jump ahead of the Bengals to get Sedrick Ellis.

                                As for QB, there is no way the Ravens would pass on Ryan if he is there at #8. There have even been rumors that the Ravens may trade up a few spots if needed.

                                I think it comes down to Matt Ryan, Leodis Mckelvin and Ryan Clady. IMO one of those 3 will be the pick. My personal favorite of those three is Matt Ryan. It's time to finally solve this QB problem the Ravens have.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information