No announcement yet.

APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hope we dont get Matt Ryan he is garbage at the 8th pick, he would be a late 1st at best in the last to drafts, he is so over rated it is sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
      Troy Smith has a long way to go before he's even considered a starting QB. He's a project they may never pan out.
      a long way to go? he played last season as a rookie, so he got some experience. If things go like I think they will, McNair will be done after this year, and Smith will start half of the season. Hes got a good arm, hes smart, and hes a threat to run. I dont get why people hate this guy. Matt Ryan will do us no good and will be a wasted pick, as will any other QB in the 1st 2 rounds. Give Troy Smith a deep threat and a solid pounding running game and he'll get his.

Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
        a long way to go? he played last season as a rookie, so he got some experience. If things go like I think they will, McNair will be done after this year, and Smith will start half of the season. Hes got a good arm, hes smart, and hes a threat to run. I dont get why people hate this guy. Matt Ryan will do us no good and will be a wasted pick, as will any other QB in the 1st 2 rounds. Give Troy Smith a deep threat and a solid pounding running game and he'll get his.
        I just think Smith has a lot more to prove before he's even considered a starting QB in the NFL. No hate here at all. I'm not ready to declare the guy a legit starting QB after 3 games in which he looked average at best in. If you can get the best QB in the draft you have to do it. This team is still looking for a starter and will continue to do so until they find one. There is no way the Ravens wold pass on Ryan if he's there at #8. Chances are he's not going to be there though.

Comment

But what makes Ryan so much better than Troy Smith ?? Because he is taller and rated as the TOP QB in one of the weakest QB Classes ever to come out ? Way to go Matt Ryan your the smart kid in the dumb class ?!
          Troy won the Effing Heisman and lead his Team to the National Title Game... he is a highly UNDERRATED QB IMO....

Comment

who is taller:Ryan
            who has the stronger arm:Smith
            who is more mobile:Smith
            who won't set the franchise back 3-5 years if they bust:Smith
            who had more success in college:Smith
            who has more leadership skills:Ryan (but Smith can be a leader IMO)
            who makes smarter decisons with the football:Smith

I say keep Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
              But what makes Ryan so much better than Troy Smith ?? Because he is taller and rated as the TOP QB in one of the weakest QB Classes ever to come out ? Way to go Matt Ryan your the smart kid in the dumb class ?!
              Troy won the Effing Heisman and lead his Team to the National Title Game... he is a highly UNDERRATED QB IMO....
              The heisman means nothing in the NFL. Look at Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, and Steve Spurrier. They all were QB's that won the heisman and failed in the NFL.

Honestly I hope Troy Smith turns out to be a legit NFL QB. I have nothing against the guy. The truth is that Smith is an unknown like every QB that's drafted. I just think that you have to explore all options until you find that franchise QB. I'm only using Matt Ryan as an example because the Ravens have him rated very highly.

I say keep Smith.
              Of course you keep Smith. I'm just saying that you don't put all your eggs in the Troy Smith basket.
              Last edited by Troj2man; 04-15-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                Of course you keep Smith. I'm just saying that you don't put all your eggs in the Troy Smith basket.
                we can play fair by drafting either josh johnson or colt brennan in the later rounds.

Go Celtics
                Go Irish
                Go Ravens

Comment

i like smith but he still is a player that was picked at the end of the 5th. i really hope he does develop and start.

ryan is a good qb in a weak class and i think he is overrated. however he would still get drafted over smith every time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                    i like smith but he still is a player that was picked at the end of the 5th. i really hope he does develop and start.

ryan is a good qb in a weak class and i think he is overrated. however he would still get drafted over smith every time.
                    I don't know about that... he fits that Prototype QB and all but he is just overrated in my opinion... if Troy came out this year instead of last he would have been drafted higher, he would never have been drafted high because of his height but he is most defintely a better QB...

Plus if we draft Ryan are we going to carry 4 QB's ???? We arent cutting Boller or McNair we will eat up so much cap room it would be nuts !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information