Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

1st Round- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College- Well, it isnt so much that I want this pick, but its the one we are most likely to end up with, and ive given up fighting it. It seems Ryan is destined to become a raven, and if thats teh case, ive sdecided to work on liking him now. he does have alot of positivies, and hopefully cam cameron can work on those INTs and turn him into a successful NFL QB. I dislike it now, but Ryan oculd be exactly wat this team needs to get its offense turned around.

2nd Round- Brandon Flowers, CB, VT- YES! now this is a pick that i love. Its entirely possible that flowers is gone by this point, but I couldnt bring myself to give us my boy groves, cause i just know he wotn fall to here. And besides, flowers is my favourite CB in this draft. I could care less about a 4.5 40, hes extremely physical and would fit great into our system. Reminds me of antoine winfield. Hes an animal, and i would love ot see him in a ravens uni. Alternate choices at CB here could be cason or justin king. (im also very high on king, and would love him in a ravens uni as well)

3rd Round- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU- I wanted to give us jamaal charles here, but its very unlikely hes available with the last pick in the 3rd round. However slaton will be and i think its a solid pick. he had an off year this year, but no one can deny at the beginning of the year he was a fringe first rounder with tons of potential. He oculd be a nice change of pace/3rd down bacak for us, and even spend some time in the slot. Hed be a matchup nightmare and another weapon for the future.

4th round- Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU- Another former 1st rounder who has slid big time, blake has been pegged as a raven for months now. Whether it was in the 1st round, or the 7th, there is something about his style of play that just screams raven. Like it or not, someone is going to take a chance on this kid, and id rather it be us then someone like Pitt and have to play ihm twice a year. I think hes going to turn out to be a terror, and lining him upon the outside with t-sizzle would give us a good young future at OLB.

5th round- Jared Gaither Supplemental

6th round- Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin- Some people will hate me for this pick, however i think its perfect. I wanted him in the 1st back at the beginning of the year, and i think he will be one of the best CBs in this draft, even after his knee injury. Yes, there are concerns. But ive watched alot of him at wisconsin, and he is one of the best man 2 man corners in this draft. I gave us a CB in the 2nd, but after wthcing our secondary get torhced all year long, id have no problem with us taking 2 young guys in one draft, especially these two.

7th round- Fill in your own here, i couldnt find any 7th round prospects i liked enough
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

i like it, but i dont think Ike will be there i think he will be gone by the end of the 5th

Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Tashard Choice if they are there ill take them over Slaton
    Last edited by The Legend; 04-12-2008, 11:00 AM.

Comment

we have a couple of comp. picks too.
      i like brandon flowers a lot so that pick interests me..
      dont think we need a Q in the 1st cuz i got love for troy smith.
      my draft is..

1st - Leodis McKelvin corner - will start nickel for us and eventually be our feature corner. could also be a nice kick returner..

2nd - Sam Baker, tackle - if odgen retires, were stuck with terry, gaither, and yanda. Baker would add depth at worst and fight for a starting job at best.

3rd - Josh Johnson, quarterback - you know it already. if things don't work out with troy smith this year, hopefully johnson will be ready to take over in 09.

4th - Ahtyba Rubin, d-tackle - real solid dude. can be a great run stuffer. backup.

4th - Chris Harrington, d-end - trevor pryce is gettin old, and i love this guys motor.

6th - Adrian Arrington, receiver - big guy with great talent. would be right in the mix with our receivers.

6th - Bruce Davis, outside linebacker - bye bye jarret johnson. we all know j j isnt no adalius thomas but drafting bruce davis could make the ravens more dangerous in the future.

7th - Danny Woodhead, runningback - !!!. supercrazy productive college career also unbelievably fast. would need to take some time to get used to the nfl, but you just cant deny his stats.

7th - Robert Felton, center/guard - versatile guy who could help out at center. (flynns gone). but could also help out at guard if injuries occur.

Go Celtics
      Go Irish
      Go Ravens

Comment

I think that Tommy Blake would be an ideal pick for us, but I really don't see him as a mid-round pick. He'll probably be a 6th or 7th Round pick.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I am liking the Slaton pick, I think he is not getting the love he deserves here.. I am not high on Picking a QB in the 1st 3 rds this year... I wouldnt be opposed to getting Andre Woodson in the 4th if he is there. Gives a prototype for Cam to build on and work with while the maturation of Troy Smith continues this year...

I really like the idea of getting Flowers though I think we can get him early in the 3rd. He reminds me of the guy out of Syracuse last year that dropped because of his 40 time someone help me with his name ??

I think 2nd rd we need to go after DLine if we don't address that @ #8 with Sedrick Ellis or maybe even go after a guy like Dan Connor at ILB in rd 2 ? We need to think Depth with this draft because we have arguably the best starting Team in the league on paper and when healthy...its just the depth and role players behind them that we have lost to FA the last few years...

Comment

Are you talking about Tanard Jackson?
            + I really doubt that Brandon Flowers falls to the third round and even if he does, our pick is the last in the round. If we want him, we have to take him in Round 2.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Im sorry but thats a nightmare mock!

Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB prospects I've seen in quite some time, I'd rather sign Byron Leftwich then draft Matt Ryan. And Flowers is an ok prospect but there are quite a few CBs I'd rather have over him. Steve Slaton is so beyond overrated, he'll have trouble even making a pro squad. Tommy Blake would be good value in rd 4 and we have gotten good value in that round the past couple years (Demetrius Williams, Le'Ron McClain, and Antwaan Barnes). I like the player, but I dont like the pick after also acquiring another CB, we have too many needs to double up on one position rather see a WR, S, or C there.
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                Are you talking about Tanard Jackson?
                + I really doubt that Brandon Flowers falls to the third round and even if he does, our pick is the last in the round. If we want him, we have to take him in Round 2.
                THANK YOU ! I had a brain fart for a second and couldnt think of his name.. he played really well this past season after getting knocked for his speed.. but his game speed was great and he reads were just as good for a rookie.. I could see Flowers being just like that and don't be suprised to see Flowers drop because of his timed speed.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                  Im sorry but thats a nightmare mock!

Matt Ryan is one of the worst QB prospects I've seen in quite some time, I'd rather sign Byron Leftwich then draft Matt Ryan. And Flowers is an ok prospect but there are quite a few CBs I'd rather have over him. Steve Slaton is so beyond overrated, he'll have trouble even making a pro squad. Tommy Blake would be good value in rd 4 and we have gotten good value in that round the past couple years (Demetrius Williams, Le'Ron McClain, and Antwaan Barnes). I like the player, but I dont like the pick after also acquiring another CB, we have too many needs to double up on one position rather see a WR, S, or C there.
                  Can't agree more, QB is not what we need to go after in Rd 1 Ryan is going to be a bust...

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    APS's Dream Ravens Mock!

1st Round- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College- Well, it isnt so much that I want this pick, but its the one we are most likely to end up with, and ive given up fighting it. It seems Ryan is destined to become a raven, and if thats teh case, ive sdecided to work on liking him now. he does have alot of positivies, and hopefully cam cameron can work on those INTs and turn him into a successful NFL QB. I dislike it now, but Ryan oculd be exactly wat this team needs to get its offense turned around.

2nd Round- Brandon Flowers, CB, VT- YES! now this is a pick that i love. Its entirely possible that flowers is gone by this point, but I couldnt bring myself to give us my boy groves, cause i just know he wotn fall to here. And besides, flowers is my favourite CB in this draft. I could care less about a 4.5 40, hes extremely physical and would fit great into our system. Reminds me of antoine winfield. Hes an animal, and i would love ot see him in a ravens uni. Alternate choices at CB here could be cason or justin king. (im also very high on king, and would love him in a ravens uni as well)

3rd Round- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU- I wanted to give us jamaal charles here, but its very unlikely hes available with the last pick in the 3rd round. However slaton will be and i think its a solid pick. he had an off year this year, but no one can deny at the beginning of the year he was a fringe first rounder with tons of potential. He oculd be a nice change of pace/3rd down bacak for us, and even spend some time in the slot. Hed be a matchup nightmare and another weapon for the future.

4th round- Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU- Another former 1st rounder who has slid big time, blake has been pegged as a raven for months now. Whether it was in the 1st round, or the 7th, there is something about his style of play that just screams raven. Like it or not, someone is going to take a chance on this kid, and id rather it be us then someone like Pitt and have to play ihm twice a year. I think hes going to turn out to be a terror, and lining him upon the outside with t-sizzle would give us a good young future at OLB.

5th round- Jared Gaither Supplemental

6th round- Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin- Some people will hate me for this pick, however i think its perfect. I wanted him in the 1st back at the beginning of the year, and i think he will be one of the best CBs in this draft, even after his knee injury. Yes, there are concerns. But ive watched alot of him at wisconsin, and he is one of the best man 2 man corners in this draft. I gave us a CB in the 2nd, but after wthcing our secondary get torhced all year long, id have no problem with us taking 2 young guys in one draft, especially these two.

7th round- Fill in your own here, i couldnt find any 7th round prospects i liked enough
                    I'd love Ryan at #8. He is without a doubt the best QB in this draft. He has a big arm, good accuracy, and the smarts to be a good NFL QB. He'll probably be on the level of guys like Bulger and Hasselbeck when all is said and done.

Brandon Flowers to me has everything you look for in an NFL CB. He's very physical and knows how to make plays. The only thing holding him back is his speed. He's probably better suited for a cover 2 team like Tampa Bay though. I doubt he'll be there when we pick in round 2.

Comment

Matt Ryan is a turnover machine! We don't need anymore turnover machine QBs, Troy Smith is the way to go.
                      HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                        Matt Ryan is a turnover machine! We don't need anymore turnover machine QBs, Troy Smith is the way to go.
                        Troy Smith has a long way to go before he's even considered a starting QB. He's a project they may never pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                          Troy Smith has a long way to go before he's even considered a starting QB. He's a project they may never pan out.
                          i do like troy as a #2 qb at least.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                            i do like troy as a #2 qb at least.
                            I like Troy Smith as a backup also. IMO with Ryan and Smith as our QB's we are set for the next 10 years at that position.

Comment

Matt Ryan makes our QB situation worse than it has ever been.
                              HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information