No announcement yet.

Is Boller the Answer ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy Smith is the starter. I cant stand Boller. Im fine with any 2nd round QB we take.

Go Celtics
    Go Irish
    Go Ravens

Comment

Open competition with the best QB getting the starting job. IMO they'll go with Boller through the pre-season. Troy Smith will get some playing time though. Of course there is always the slim chance of the Ravens trading for a veteran QB.

Comment

Didnt know Trent signed on with the RAMS my bad.. I like Boller don't get me wrong.. but he just isnt a superstar answer to a team that has a short window with some of the veterans that we have to get to the SB... we can't keep starting over at QB we need a young QB that can come in and play.. not sit on the sideline for 2 years and learn the system.
        Lets see if Troy can carry a Team and draft another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round..

Comment

I think we should really let Boller and Smith fight it out in TC and use the 1st rounder on another need such as OL or CB, then in the 2nd round take a QB.

Comment

obviously start Boller, tank, get #1 overall and select...

We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Alright I know everyone is waiting for my answer on this one so here goes:

Open Audition at Training Camp!

Right now we can only debate about Kyle or Troy and with that said lets see who is better at the end of training with Cam's new offense.

Matt Ryan isn't going to fall to us and trading up for him is going to be too expensive and risky. Frankly I'm not even sure what veterans are available in Free Agency so whats the other alternatives? The CFL? The AFL? Stock boys in Iowa? Hell is there a buyout clause in Ryan Leaf's contract with Texas A & M? Screw it, Mark Clayton is going to be our QB!

TRIPLE OPTION FTW!!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

yeah if McNair would have retired eariler with Farve, you could have gotten a vet, since you already have a young qb in T.Smith. No reason to draft another young qb on to the roster, unless his name is Clot Brennian.

Comment

Boller is garbage, it is obvious that if he is the answer we are in trouble, he is Jake Plummer like except inconsistent. I would like Smith to be the answer I think he can do it but I agree that we go into training camp with a open race. And we can sit back and see what happens.

Comment

Either the FO is really high on Smith or they are going to try their damndest to land either Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, or Joe Flacco.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Alright I know everyone is waiting for my answer on this one so here goes:

Open Audition at Training Camp!

Right now we can only debate about Kyle or Troy and with that said lets see who is better at the end of training with Cam's new offense.

Matt Ryan isn't going to fall to us and trading up for him is going to be too expensive and risky. Frankly I'm not even sure what veterans are available in Free Agency so whats the other alternatives? The CFL? The AFL? Stock boys in Iowa? Hell is there a buyout clause in Ryan Leaf's contract with Texas A & M? Screw it, Mark Clayton is going to be our QB!

TRIPLE OPTION FTW!!!!!!!!!
                      i remember that play back in 2005 against the packers. direct snap to clayton =td time

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Of course Boller is not the answer, we've known that for awhile. He is what he is, a guy who can step up a play when needed, but not someone who should be relied on to be a team's starting quarterback.

I'm convinced quarterback will be addressed on the first day of the draft. I feel that one of the top 4 signal callers in the draft will be a Raven one way or another (Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Joe Flacco, or Chad Henne). Then we come into the season with Boller, Smith, and one of those 4 rookies. I feel that there will be a somewhat open competition, which the competition part geared more towards Kyle and Troy.

Comment

How ridicoulus the Ravens QB situation has been since that Super Bowl win?

JC your team needs to make a strong play and move up in the draft to get Matt Ryan (if he's a franchise QB in their evaluation that is..). Give up your 2nd rounder. Give up your 1st of next year if you have to. One the trade value chart its switching 2nd rounders with KC and giving up a 5th, but the Chiefs could be blowing up the price. In any case, hope that Atlanta passes on him. Anyway, this circus needs to stop right f now...

If I was a fan of this team I would be freaking pissed off to head into the season with Troy Smith as the expected starter. Great defense, but its getting older and not enough dominant anymore to win without a real QB on the team.

BTW. Forget about damn FA veteran. The best out there is our own Daunte Culpepper, or Culpoopper as I call him at times. He cant move anymore. He cant dropback, he cant get outside (except against the Dolphins....), is a turnover machine and his decision making process makes you go "WTF!?" too many times.

BTW2. For you Sir that hates Steve McNair for taking his time to annouce his retirement: you just dont get it. You realy think Mark Brunell would help your football team!? I think this franchise just never had a real franchise QB and it may cause you to not understand at witch point you need one. Old washed up guy wont do you any good if you dont have a #1 high profile identified young guy that you thrust, build around and move foward with.

Comment

Wow...you just said give up this year's 2nd Round pick and next year's 1st to swap picks with Kansas City. Are you being serious right now? Matt Ryan is a good player, but he's not a dominant franchise player, he has a chance to be a franchise player, not a dominant one though. Why would we be pissed off if Troy Smith is our starter? The only negative thing about him is his height. Its not like he weighs around 300 pounds.
                            Last edited by Yung Flippa; 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                              Of course Boller is not the answer, we've known that for awhile. He is what he is, a guy who can step up a play when needed, but not someone who should be relied on to be a team's starting quarterback.

I'm convinced quarterback will be addressed on the first day of the draft. I feel that one of the top 4 signal callers in the draft will be a Raven one way or another (Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Joe Flacco, or Chad Henne). Then we come into the season with Boller, Smith, and one of those 4 rookies. I feel that there will be a somewhat open competition, which the competition part geared more towards Kyle and Troy.
                              I wish you get Ryan and plug him in at starter from Day 1. No open competition waste of time BS. You put his face on a big poster and say to your players: "This is our guy. Now lets go play some football and win games".

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                                Wow...you just said give up this year's 2nd Round pick and next year's 1st to swap picks with Kansas City. Are you being serious right now? Matt Ryan is a good player, but he's not a dominant franchise player, he has a chance to be a franchise player, not a dominant one though. Why would we be pissed off if Troy Smith is our starter? The only negative thing about him is his height. Its not like he weighs around 300 pounds.
                                Im just saying do whatever it takes to get Ryan if you think he's the solution. Bottom line: do whatever it takes to find one and move foward with it! Tell me, how many years this franchise has lost looking for a QB? Like half a decade or something?

If Troy Smith was a potential franchise QB he would have been given a chance to start much earlier last year. What do you think about that?

BTW the weight thing about Russell is total BS and thats a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information