No announcement yet.

Is Boller the Answer ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Ryan isn't going to be a starter from Day 1. No team in the league would just throw him our there. He has to learn the playbook and the speed of the game from the sideline for at least the first half of the season.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Raider_fan_Canada View Post
      If Troy Smith was a potential franchise QB he would have been given a chance to start much earlier last year. What do you think about that?
      Because Brian Billick loved Kyle Boller. That's the only reason why Troy wasn't starting over Boller. How come Jamarcus didn't start earlier? Because coaches want rookie QB's to learn from the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
        Matt Ryan isn't going to be a starter from Day 1. No team in the league would just throw him our there. He has to learn the playbook and the speed of the game from the sideline for at least the first half of the season.
        If he's there from Day 1 why not? He's from Boston College he must be smart enough. Others have done it before and now things have to go much faster in the NFL. Good defense, good running game, decent protection and the guy doesnt hold out and waste your and his f time.... Go man!

I dont have anything against Troy Smith, but I highly doubt the Ravens think he's the future. From that perspective they should not plan or count on him, then be aggressive in the draft to get a guy that has a real chance to be what they need. Not drafting a QB early at all and fooling around about this another year would be totaly unacceptable.

BTW Russell would have started much earlier if only he had a training camp.
        Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada; 04-20-2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Tom Brady? No.
          Carson Palmer? No.
          None of the top QB's in the league have started from Day 1.

Comment

Tom Brady? No.
            Carson Palmer? No.
            None of the top QB's in the league have started from Day 1.
            Peyton Manning did. BTW its not that much about starting from Day 1. I dont have a fix about that. Im just saying that the issue has to be addressed loud and clear.

I will leave it to this. Looking foward to draft day and see what your team does since Im very interested in what goes on all around the league. I hope Ryan goes to the Falcons btw since its the NFC....
            Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada; 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Wow...you just said give up this year's 2nd Round pick and next year's 1st to swap picks with Kansas City. Are you being serious right now? Matt Ryan is a good player, but he's not a dominant franchise player, he has a chance to be a franchise player, not a dominant one though. Why would we be pissed off if Troy Smith is our starter? The only negative thing about him is his height. Its not like he weighs around 300 pounds.
              Yeah that would be way too much to give up. Our best bet at trading up is if Ryan falls to #6. That would the only reasonable trade to make. The others would just cost way too much. With that said, I don't see the Ravens trading up for Ryan. If he falls to #8 he's the pick. if not we go BPA and get one of Henne, Brohm, or Flacco in round 2 or even trade back into the late round 1 for one of them.

Comment

Matt Ryan is not a top prospect or a franchise QB, we would look like retards if we traded all that for him. Flacco in the 2nd is better value then Ryan at 8.

Comment

While I agree that I do not want to trade up for him, Matt Ryan is a franchise quarterback and I'd love to have him at 8.

Comment

before i comment on this, let me say: i hate matt ryan. He in my mind, is not a franchise QB. however, it is looking more and more like he will be the choice if he is available. I would hate the choice, but im not the GM.

that said, i think that kyle boller has more potential in his right arm then matt ryan has in hsi entire body. boller is a prototypical QB. i have always said that, if he ever had a proper QB coach, he would be a top flight QB in the NFL. ill stick to it, in hope that cam cameron can develop either boller or troy smith into a starting caliber QB without having to waste atop 10 pick on ryan.

smith at this point is an enigma. He showed alot of promise last year when given playing time, and has the ability to unseat boller as the starter. he won a heisman trophy, has excellent intangibles, and has very few questions other then his height. yet for some reaosn, people dont believe in him.

i think boller could be the answer, but he needs work. troy smith could also be the answer, he needs work as well. Matt ryan is not the answer.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Why is a Raider fan trying to tell us how a team should be run exactly?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        before i comment on this, let me say: i hate matt ryan. He in my mind, is not a franchise QB. however, it is looking more and more like he will be the choice if he is available. I would hate the choice, but im not the GM.

that said, i think that kyle boller has more potential in his right arm then matt ryan has in hsi entire body. boller is a prototypical QB. i have always said that, if he ever had a proper QB coach, he would be a top flight QB in the NFL. ill stick to it, in hope that cam cameron can develop either boller or troy smith into a starting caliber QB without having to waste atop 10 pick on ryan.

smith at this point is an enigma. He showed alot of promise last year when given playing time, and has the ability to unseat boller as the starter. he won a heisman trophy, has excellent intangibles, and has very few questions other then his height. yet for some reaosn, people dont believe in him.

i think boller could be the answer, but he needs work. troy smith could also be the answer, he needs work as well. Matt ryan is not the answer.
                        Kyle Boller has already reached his potential. He's a career backup and will never be anything more. If Ryan and Boller were in the same draft, 32 out of 32 teams would take Ryan. He has the size, intangibles, arm strength, and last but not least he's a winner. Ryan was 25-7 in the 32 games he started at Boston College. He did this with little to no help on either side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
                          Kyle Boller has already reached his potential. He's a career backup and will never be anything more. If Ryan and Boller were in the same draft, 32 out of 32 teams would take Ryan. He has the size, intangibles, arm strength, and last but not least he's a winner. Ryan was 25-7 in the 32 games he started at Boston College. He did this with little to no help on either side of the ball.
                          i really think you might be wrong there...boller has better arm strength BY FAR, IMO boller has one of the 3 strongest arms in the league, boller has the same prototypical size and much better athleticism (4.6 speed) and coming out of Cal, Boller had excelllent intangibles as well. Lets not forget the QB class that Boller was in. carson palmer, byron leftwich, kyle boller, and rex grossman all went in the 1st round that year. ryan has virtually no competition at the top, therefore i feel he is being overrated. as prospects, i would take boller over ryan in a heartbeat. Boller hasnt come anywhere near his potential.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I like Troy Smith so much. I'm not a raven's fan obviously, but its semi-depressing to see a guy with so much talent be told he's not the man for the job.

I'm not saying Troy Smith should be automatically awarded the job. And I'm not saying Troy Smith is the best option. But he certainly should have a chance to win the starting job (and if he goes up against boller & ryan I think he will win it).

Also, I'm pretty big on Matt Ryan too. He seems to have it all. I don't get why people "hate" him. He's got a nice arm, good release and decent footwork.

Also I was thinking about this, and it would be pretty funny if Ravens took Matt Ryan and Troy Smith won the starting job next year. Would be weirdly similar to Derek Anderson (also a really late draft pick) winning the job over brady quinn =P

Comment

Boller hasnt come anywhere near his potential.
                              He's heading into his 6th season. His potential has already been reached. What makes you think he'll get any better?

Comment

Regardless of any rookie QB we may or may not select, theres no way he would factor into any starting plans for this season barring injuries.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information