Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true

Says we really want Matt Ryan, So Im guessing Troy Smith isnt getting a chance to lead the Ravens? Im not saying i dont want Ryan, I just want Troy Smith to get a chance.

i want us to draft sedrick ellis, cause apparently we are in love with him lol. and also, it screws over cincinatti. i say we take him as a replacement for pryce. adn screw matt ryan.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I read in a thread in the NFL section that DeCosta said that Ellis could be a #1 pick. I hope we get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        I read in a thread in the NFL section that DeCosta said that Ellis could be a #1 pick. I hope we get him.
        DeCosta seems huge on ellis...hes an influential member as well, its not like hes just another scout. I really think that if ryan is gone and ellis is still on the board, we might pull a shocker and take ellis. if only to spite cincy hahaha i think ellis would be very successful in our system.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

yea I think he fits well, I would prefer Ellis over Ryan if they were on the board.

Comment

I don't think drafting Ryan automatically means Troy Smith is out of favor. If anything I could see us releasing Boller and keeping Smith and Ryan and then signing a vet. Ryan is a rookie and Rookie QB's rarely start, we could see Troy getting the initial start ala Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn, and who knows maybe Smith has that Anderson type season.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Make no mistake, Matt Ryan is the close to the top priority for this team, he may be the #1 player on the team's board. And I'm starting to believe, more and more, that he will somehow be a Raven by the end of the tommorrow. It could mean trading up, but I think Ryan is our guy, and we've shown in the past that we will do what it takes to nab 'our guy' (trading up for Boller, Ngata).

And if Ryan does come to Baltimore it does not mean that Troy Smith has no future with this team. If Troy is the best man for the quarterback job, he will show it. Look at Derek Anderson last year. The Browns invested a great deal in Brady Quinn and Anderson is now that team's franchise guy. Tom Brady. I realize these guys could be considered exceptions, but for the most part, the best player comes out in the end.

In regards to Ryan, I'll be thrilled if he's our first round pick tommorrow, even if it means trading up. I've warmed up to him and I feel he is a true franchise singal caller and one of the top 5 or 6 players in this class.

Comment

In a perfect day, we trade down and still be able to take DRC or Leodis McKelvin.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Lets not take so much stock in what DeCosta is saying predraft, he is always trying to mislead the public and other teams. Regardless I'm pumped for the draft and the new additions about to be added to the Nest!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information