Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ravens' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
    I like the pick. Now in the NFL you need to have 2 capable RB's. Rice is a hard runner that can break tackles. He reminds of Maurice Jones Drew. We all saw what Fred Taylor and Jones Drew did together. Hopefully Rice and Mcgahee can play at that level.
    normally, you take a back who compliments your main back. Rice is the same kind of runner that mcgahee is...we needed a blazer who was a home run threat, not another pound it back
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
      I like the pick. Now in the NFL you need to have 2 capable RB's. Rice is a hard runner that can break tackles. He reminds of Maurice Jones Drew. We all saw what Fred Taylor and Jones Drew did together. Hopefully Rice and Mcgahee can play at that level.
      expect for the fact that MJD can take it from 80, I do think we could have went RB but we got more pressing needs.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        normally, you take a back who compliments your main back. Rice is the same kind of runner that mcgahee is...we needed a blazer who was a home run threat, not another pound it back
        maybe we are nervous that McGahee gets hurt, but I do agree we need a HR hitter at RB, maybe we feel Ross can be it and we got Rice just incase McGahee gets hurt

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Troj2man View Post
          I like the pick. Now in the NFL you need to have 2 capable RB's. Rice is a hard runner that can break tackles. He reminds of Maurice Jones Drew. We all saw what Fred Taylor and Jones Drew did together. Hopefully Rice and Mcgahee can play at that level.
          Please dont ever insult Jones-Drew like that again. Ray Rice is not half the RB MJD is. Ray Rice is tiny (5'9 199lb), JD is a brick wall (5'6 215) and is an all pro. No CB, we dont address our biggest need, and now we've waited too long becazuse every good CB is gone.


          FIRE OZZIE NEWSOME!
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

          Xbox Live - Kevown8999

          Comment


          • #65
            The Ray Rice pick is okay, but we could have paired Willis McGahee with someone like Tashard Choice or Kevin Smith, who we could have gotten in the 3rd Round. There were much better players on the board like Patrick Lee, Charles Godfrey, Dan Connor, Erin Henderson, Dre Moore and etc.

            Baltimore: 7-4

            Comment


            • #66
              this draft blows :(
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

              Comment


              • #67
                We better pick up some gems in Day 2. Reggie Smith, Charles Godfrey, Dan Connor, Erin Henderson, Dre Moore, there is still some talent left over.

                Baltimore: 7-4

                Comment


                • #68
                  i hope we take justin king and phillip wheeler tomorrow or else this draft will be completely terrible
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Worst draft in the history of the NFL. This is absolutely pathetic and has screwed us beyond belief. Ozzie Newsome you fraud quit now you jackass.

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      The Draft isn't over yet...I'm still confident that Ozzie can fix everything up.

                      Baltimore: 7-4

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I hope we get Early Doucett and Justin King or Godfrey, this draft can still be a good one.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I'm not enthralled with the Flacco pick, especially the way we went about getting him. He's a little overpriced and I had two QBs ahead of him on my personal board - I guess I'll have to root for him now.

                          The Ray Rice pick - I'm torn. Mainly because I'm a Rutgers guy, I love Ray Rice and seeing him on my favorite team should be great. But on the other hand, in terms of need, it doesn't really fit. McGahee is a young guy, he's got a lot left on his tires. And Rice is kind of a similar runner, not exactly a change-of-pace.

                          I do think you guys are a little down on him. I do see the comparison to MJD, but I'd say Travis Henry is the better comparison. Rice consistently churns out 10, 20, 30-yarders. Not gamebreaking speed, maybe, but fast enough.

                          As for the size issue, keep in mind that Ray lost a lot of weight preparing for the Combine. His game weight was in the 205-210 range.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            In the words of Charles Barkley, This Draft was Terrble absolutely Terrble....Ozzie must have hired monkeys to spin around on chairs and toss darts at random, dont know what hes thinking and tomorrow could be even worse...hopefully it cant get any worse...

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                              The Draft isn't over yet...I'm still confident that Ozzie can fix everything up.
                              I'm not, HE MADE THE MESS TO BEGIN WITH!

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                I'm not, HE MADE THE MESS TO BEGIN WITH!
                                Yeah hes not fixing anything, if you stir **** with a stick its still **** at the end of the day all he could possible do is add a few more kernals of corn....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information