Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    LOL get Boller to tutor someone, Cam Cameron developed Brees and Rivers good, heck I wouldnt mind us getting Cleo Lemon were ever he is, he has been w/ Cameron for a while and he knows his system, he would be a better help then Boller.
    I didn't know I said for Kyle to tutor someone, I said keep Kyle because he's better than Flacco right now and will keep us from making a terrible mistake that we're gonna make by starting Flacco right away.

    SSAEL is an alternate ebergy company from India.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

    Xbox Live - Kevown8999

    Comment


    • #47
      I'd say keep Boller, too. Flacco is not ready to come in and start right away. He's not quite a project player, but he could use some time on the bench. Historically, the most successful QBs are the ones who get time on the sidelines for 1 or 2 seasons. And Troy Smith is little more than a rookie at this point - new coaches, new playbook, very little experience, he's had some time to get used to the role, that's all.

      Is Boller that much better? Well no - I think Boller's proven a bust and yes, he's just as new to the coaches and playbook as anyone else. But he does have experience with the game and with the first team. There are times when he is not abysmally bad.

      At the moment, he's all we got.

      If a veteran does come in, then Boller might indeed be released. But for now, he's it. For better or worse.

      Goddamn, I wish we picked up Brian Brohm. There was a thinking among a large number of NFL scouts and pundits that Brohm was the most pro-ready of this year's QBs, that he could step in and lead an offense most effectively fresh out of this draft. He was the most consistent of the QBs in college and quickly absorbed two different offensive schemes in college. The disagreement was on how far he could go beyond that, whether he could be more than just a game manager.

      But for a franchise like Baltimore, a great initial fit as the guy to hold down the fort, and personally, I think Brohm has great potential.

      Not as much as Flacco, of course. But there's been lots of QBs with rocket arms and tremendous upside that never made it in this league.


      Cross your fingers, pinch your nose, look out water, 'cuz here we go.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
        I'd say keep Boller, too. Flacco is not ready to come in and start right away. He's not quite a project player, but he could use some time on the bench. Historically, the most successful QBs are the ones who get time on the sidelines for 1 or 2 seasons. And Troy Smith is little more than a rookie at this point - new coaches, new playbook, very little experience, he's had some time to get used to the role, that's all.

        Is Boller that much better? Well no - I think Boller's proven a bust and yes, he's just as new to the coaches and playbook as anyone else. But he does have experience with the game and with the first team. There are times when he is not abysmally bad.

        At the moment, he's all we got.

        If a veteran does come in, then Boller might indeed be released. But for now, he's it. For better or worse.

        Goddamn, I wish we picked up Brian Brohm. There was a thinking among a large number of NFL scouts and pundits that Brohm was the most pro-ready of this year's QBs, that he could step in and lead an offense most effectively fresh out of this draft. He was the most consistent of the QBs in college and quickly absorbed two different offensive schemes in college. The disagreement was on how far he could go beyond that, whether he could be more than just a game manager.

        But for a franchise like Baltimore, a great initial fit as the guy to hold down the fort, and personally, I think Brohm has great potential.

        Not as much as Flacco, of course. But there's been lots of QBs with rocket arms and tremendous upside that never made it in this league.


        Cross your fingers, pinch your nose, look out water, 'cuz here we go.
        i would have preffered brohm as well...im not on the flacco bandwagon just yet, i think he needs to prove something to me before i being to believe in him, i jsut cannot condone that pick at all...


        and cutting boller would be the dumbest thing we could do. He's poised for a Derek Anderson type year (ie. we draft a young QB to replace him, but hes gunna blow it up)


        and ERU, flacco is alreayd my most hated raven
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • #49
          After it became known that Atlanta was gonna grab Matt Ryan I kinda figured right away that Baltimore was gonna trade up into round 1 to get Flacco - didn't think that they'd trade down from 8th overall to get him though. I think they should've taken either McKelvin at 8 or Jenkins later and then moved up from round 2 to get Flacco. Looks like he might be an instant starter too or pretty close to it and will have to work behind that very questionable line. But I like the Ray Rice pick so they can run the ball at least 40% of the time now to take pressure off. You guys need a left tackle next year in round one.

          Comment


          • #50
            Gaither is a beast, he can be our LT of the future, I think we need to go WR round 1 next year.

            Comment


            • #51
              Anita Mark just said we offered this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 3rd to move up to Ryan, but STL wanted more, Ozzie then said we will move down for Flacco, then Packers and Miami tried to move up for Flacco so we went to 18.

              Comment


              • #52
                Surprising the Packers would do that. I actually thought Tampa at #20 might have taken Flacco and since they drafted Josh Johnson, clearly they were looking for a developmental guy behind Garcia and the other dozen QB's they have. None of which have strong arms.

                Sig By:The Dynasty

                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                Comment


                • #53
                  but isnt Gruden a WCO guy? either way if things playout realistcially we gave up a average starter(3rd rounder) and a guy who will be a career back up(6th rounder) for a starting QB for 8 years.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    Anita Mark just said we offered this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 3rd to move up to Ryan, but STL wanted more, Ozzie then said we will move down for Flacco, then Packers and Miami tried to move up for Flacco so we went to 18.
                    Probably did happen but I don't take much from anything Marks says. She's a goof and doesn't really belong on Baltimore sports talk. That being said, I'd hit it.

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      Probably did happen but I don't take much from anything Marks says. She's a goof and doesn't really belong on Baltimore sports talk. That being said, I'd hit it.
                      I ******* hope not...If that happened I would start flipping out whenever I saw the color purple for the rest of my life...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        Probably did happen but I don't take much from anything Marks says. She's a goof and doesn't really belong on Baltimore sports talk. That being said, I'd hit it.
                        yea if we got played and threw away a 3rd and a 6th or we did what we had to do to get Flacco we will never know, but I do agree Marks doesnt belong in Baltimore, she never lived in MD and she is using it as a spring board for a national gig.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          yea if we got played and threw away a 3rd and a 6th or we did what we had to do to get Flacco we will never know, but I do agree Marks doesnt belong in Baltimore, she never lived in MD and she is using it as a spring board for a national gig.
                          This is probably the best gig she can get since she got ran out of Miami.

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Surely this can't be the end of Bollermania... :(

                            I like the Flacco pick, it's very interesting at least. I'm interested to see how the situation is handled. I don't see why you all would drop Boller at this point. At least let his emotions get destroyed out there while Flacco gets ready.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Surely this can't be the end of Bollermania... :(

                              I like the Flacco pick, it's very interesting at least. I'm interested to see how the situation is handled. I don't see why you all would drop Boller at this point. At least let his emotions get destroyed out there while Flacco gets ready.

                              Don't you have a Chad Johnson situation to be worrying about?

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                Don't you have a Chad Johnson situation to be worrying about?
                                It's like a tumor... I just try to ignore it and hope it'll go away but it sure won't. For some reason I like talking to you Ravens fans most.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information